deads, help

simpllyhuge

for body building purposes should i do sumo deads or regular. I hurt my back years ago doing deads and im afraid to not have my form perfect.

Regular bent leg deadlifts--start with light weight, keep your form impeccable, also focus on a spot on the wall higher that you--keep your head up.

i think its preference. i like traditional ones, but thats only because thats how i learned to do them.

It keeps the weight from simply rolling out of your hands, very heavy weights will just roll out of your hands.

i'm still trying to perfect my form on higher weights...it's really not that easy...could take a long time ya know

No no under-over. You can throw it on youtube if you want, but the idea was to show you my form. Ive been told many times I need more leg drive and I stand too narrow. Maybe true, but in exchange I have a really solid back. Like I said, it works.

dougo when i pull conv my stance is narrower than yours. feet maybe 6 inches apart. if you gonna wear straps may as well pull dbl overhand.

nothing glaringly wrong with your form other than you pulling to far past vertical.

Last edited:
Thanks PB. I use chalk at my home gym, and am too lazy to switch up my grip when Im forced to use straps at my current chalk-free gym. I dont like putting my bicep in such tension but its force of habit to pull under-over.

DougoeFre5h said:
No no under-over. You can throw it on youtube if you want, but the idea was to show you my form. Ive been told many times I need more leg drive and I stand too narrow. Maybe true, but in exchange I have a really solid back. Like I said, it works.

thanks for the permission

Back