DHT and testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) - Impact on Hairloss

KaseyT1

DHT and TRT - Impact on Hairloss

Getting ready to start my testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and I have some concerns re hairloss. I have had 4 hair transplants (last one 2 weeks ago) and I'm concerned that testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) may have an impact on my DHT levels and therefore potentially hairloss. I'll be injecting so at least no effect from transdermal but still concerned.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Are there ways to help insure no hairloss? Any info that would be helpful?

I've spent a small fortune and had excellent results and I really don't want to lose what I've gained....especially as it would mean the scars would become visible and the net result worse than where I originally started.

Anyway, I've searched and can't seem to find a whole lot of info so ANY help would be great!

With that kind of investment in preserving my hair I'd be looking hard into finasteride despite some of the reported side effects.

Dude! It is just hair. Relax. You'll be fine. You are going to be running NORMAL testosterone levels. Not a cycle.

If you are really worried about it, let your estradiol levels get a little elevated if you can tolerate it and not get sides. Women always keep their hair thanks to all the estrogen. :)

Use Nizoral 2%....this stuff washes out all the DHT out of your pores in your scalp. DHT is the stuff that clogs up the follicle in your scalp and suffocates the hair growth.
Bodybuilders swear by it.

With that kind of investment in preserving my hair I'd be looking hard into finasteride despite some of the reported side effects.

I tried it and it fucked me up!! NEVER AGAIN. I appreciate the suggestion and I know for some this woks great but for others it wreaks havoc.

Dude! It is just hair. Relax. You'll be fine. You are going to be running NORMAL testosterone levels. Not a cycle.

If you are really worried about it, let your estradiol levels get a little elevated if you can tolerate it and not get sides. Women always keep their hair thanks to all the estrogen. :)

Everybody has a different appreciation for hair and often times the guys with great hair take it for granted. I don't look good without it and I have invested ALOT so I'd like to keep it. My Estradioil levels are already low (low 7s) so hopefully the T will increase it and that will help with hair retention.

Use Nizoral 2%....this stuff washes out all the DHT out of your pores in your scalp. DHT is the stuff that clogs up the follicle in your scalp and suffocates the hair growth.
Bodybuilders swear by it.

Interesting! Is Nizoral 2% a brand or just a chemical in various brands that is effective at removing topical DHT? If it is in several different products, any suggestions?

I'd like to get some before and after pics of this hair transplant you had done. Top of my head looks like I'm wearing a flesh colored yamaka!

I'd like to get some before and after pics of this hair transplant you had done. Top of my head looks like I'm wearing a flesh colored yamaka!

I experienced MPB and the front and crown were the main areas. I don't have any pics to show but can tell you I've actually gotten compliments on my hair after having had the surgery. Any good doc will have plenty of good before and after examples. I'm not a fan of the Bosley camp but would recommend either my doc, Michael Beehner, or finding someone in your area that is a well respected independent. If it's just the back, you would likely be an excellent candidate for the surgery. Very easy process however it is not inexpensive.....but for me it was so worth the money.

Interesting! Is Nizoral 2% a brand or just a chemical in various brands that is effective at removing topical DHT? If it is in several different products, any suggestions?

In the U.S. I think 2% Nizoral is available by prescription only...just tell your doc you have dry itchy scalp and you want a script for it.

I don't know about 2%, but 1% is available lots of places like Amazon and maybe even your local Walmart. No joke. I think I have seen it from a research chemical place, but it is legal and over the counter.

I don't know about 2%, but 1% is available lots of places like Amazon and maybe even your local Walmart. No joke. I think I have seen it from a research chemical place, but it is legal and over the counter.

I have also seen the 1% on Amazon.....can't imagine them selling if illegal......

Getting ready to start my testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and I have some concerns re hairloss. I have had 4 hair transplants (last one 2 weeks ago) and I'm concerned that testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) may have an impact on my DHT levels and therefore potentially hairloss. I'll be injecting so at least no effect from transdermal but still concerned.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Are there ways to help insure no hairloss? Any info that would be helpful?

I've spent a small fortune and had excellent results and I really don't want to lose what I've gained....especially as it would mean the scars would become visible and the net result worse than where I originally started.

Anyway, I've searched and can't seem to find a whole lot of info so ANY help would be great!

Hi You are right, though the hair transplanted are normally taken from DHT resistant zone but since you have has 4 transplants, the doctors must have used outside permanent zone. You must ask your hair transplant surgeon about this problem. He will be able to guide you to minimize this loss. He may give you good diet & essential nutrients though drugs to ensure that you face minimal hair loss.
To know more about Direct Hair Transplant read this article- akclinics.com/hair-transplant/bio-dht/

Last edited:
Bald is best....lets the estrogen escape through the scalp...lol
all kidding aside my trt clinic actually offers prescription hair stuff for that. They sent it to me....I sent a picture of my shaved head and asked what they want me to wash with it. Now my palms are hairy.
Dont sweat it...trt dose you should be fine.

Back