Digestion

Eze

These are the 4 Supps I take to help me out. I copied this little write up from massiveG on intensemuscle.com .

Benefits of Ginger Root

Danish researchers found that ginger root can block the effects of prostaglandin - a substance that cause inflammation of the blood vessels in the brain and can lead to migraines.

Ginger root was found to be effective for relieving the severity of nausea even in cases of pregnancy.

It has anti-inflammatory properties that can lessen the pain of rheumatoid arthritis.

Respiratory infections - it is well known for its warming action on the upper respiratory tract, so it has been used to treat colds and flu.

It has been found to be effective in cramps caused by stomach gas. Ginger also stimulates digestion.

It has a wholesome effect on the circulatory system as it makes the platelets less sticky and is of great benefit in case of circulatory disorders.

As a mood enhancer, ginger root's cineole content may help contribute to stress relief.

Bromelain
http://www.loweringcholesterol.net/h...s-of-bromelain
http://vitamins.ultimatefatburner.com/bromelain.html
http://www.fredmeyer.com/hn/Benefits.../Bromelain.htm
DO Not over dose on bromelain, rapid heart beat and super thin blood can result if people are popping bromelain like candy it's a supplement with drug like effects. I would not exceed 6 500 mg tabs a day and go off it on cruises.
Watch the potency on bromelain too different tabs and caps can be different mg strengths and higher GDU (gelatin digesting units) I wouldn't exceed 3000 GDU's a day.
Acidolp-I get the caps with pectin.

Acidophilus

Acidophilus offers variety of potential therapeutic uses. These include:

• Aids digestion and suppresses disease-causing bacteria.
• Treat overgrowth of bad organism in the gastrointestinal tract.
• Prevent and treat diarrhea, including the infectious diarrhea, particularly from the rotavirus.
• Alleviate symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome and possibly, inflammatory bowel disease.
• Replaces the friendly intestinal bacteria that are destroyed by antibiotics.
• Prevent and reduces the recurrence of vaginal yeast infection, urinary tract infections and cystitis.
• Improve lactose absorption in people who are lactose intolerant.
• Enhances the immune response. Studies have suggested that the consumption of yogurt and milk that contains specific strains of acidophilus supplements improve the natural immune response.
• Aids the treatment of respiratory infections such as sinusitis, bronchitis and pneumonia.
• Lower the risks of allergies such as asthma, hay fever, allergies to milk and skin reactions such as eczema.
• Help in treating high cholesterol.

Benefits of Fiber

Combats constipation
The most undisputed advantage of insoluble fibre is its ability to soften and expand stool volume, speeding up fecal transit and elimination.
Commercial preparations such as agar (Agarol) and psyllium (Metamucil) are effective stool bulkers.

Improves control
Soluble fibre from legumes, barley, oats, some fruit and vegetables can help regulate blood sugar swings and by lowering serum cholesterol, protect against heart disease.

Excess blood fats are possibly reduced by soluble fibres such as pectin, bean and oat gums, and the types in legumes (lentils, chickpeas, navy, pinto or kidney beans).

Heart health
May improve by diets rich in fibre, through its cholesterol lowering effects.

Possible protection against cancer
In the bowel, bacteria converts fibre into short chain fatty acids, which provide energy for the body and may help protect against cancer.

You will need fiber added as wll usually one -2 tpspoons of metamucil a day

mister69 said:
I take NOW superenzymes (1 cap w\each meal) keeps me regular 1-2 times daily.
i just started taking those. i havent noticed a thing. im guessing that means my digestion is normal.

Back