diuretics

hard2gain

This is something I know very little about. My problem is I tend to hold quite a bit of water even when I get lean. Last summer I was down to about 8.5% and Couldn't get rid of the water weight in my mid section so I never got that "tight" look that I was going for.

This summer I plan on being even more aggressive with my fat loss and my goal is 6-7%. But I don't want the water to stick like it did before.

Would diuretics be a good solution here or is this just for pre-contest? Specifically I'm talking about lasix or aldactone.

Also how long can these compounds be ran? How quick does it dry you out?

No, I wouldn't recomend diuretics.
Kept your carbs low, drink lots of fluid and monitor your sodium intake.
If your kidneys are functioning, you should hold water.
And a true 6% bf is really low.

What is the reason behind not doing them? Carbs will be less than 70 per day and I'll be watching the sodium as well. How much water intake do I really need to be at? I always stick to about a gallon a day.

A true 6% is very low and can only be achieved with cardio and a perfect diet. Which I will be doing. I would like to hold the low bf for about 2-3 months then go back up to my normal 10-11%.

Do not use drugs like this - PERIOD!

In short, you run the risk of disrupting your body's sodium-potassium pump and that could lead to organ failure including heart and kidneys.

I have seen one case of a recreational user (non-contest bodybuilder) end up in a coma and die as a result of using Lasix, drinking alcohol, recreational drugs, and exhaustion.

A couple of years ago it happened over Spring Break week. It was in the news and the toxic screen showed Lasix, steroids, clen, alcohol, and MDMA.

A lot of guys think that they are "being careful" and only using a small dosage. The problem is you don't know where the line actually is and it is too late once you cross it.

Thanks cashout!! I'll stay away. What can I do to get that water off?

In you avi I'm guessing your about 6-7%? You don't seem to be holding any water there. I really want that dry tight look this time around.

You shouldn't be holding an excess water. If you wanted to look a little more 'cut', you could follow one of many precontest routines to help dry you out, but this effect is only temporary.

Do not use drugs like this - PERIOD!

In short, you run the risk of disrupting your body's sodium-potassium pump and that could lead to organ failure including heart and kidneys.

I have seen one case of a recreational user (non-contest bodybuilder) end up in a coma and die as a result of using Lasix, drinking alcohol, recreational drugs, and exhaustion.

A couple of years ago it happened over Spring Break week. It was in the news and the toxic screen showed Lasix, steroids, clen, alcohol, and MDMA.

A lot of guys think that they are "being careful" and only using a small dosage. The problem is you don't know where the line actually is and it is too late once you cross it.

Lasix is definitely one to stay away from unconditionally, and you shouldn't take diuretics if you don't have someone experienced helping you. But the common sense answer here is that, yes, this gentleman died probably from dehydration since he was in a coma first, but ultimately because he was an idiot. Alcohol dehydrates you, hence the reason why you drink tons of water and coffee (water+) to help with hangovers. Second Lasix is the most dangerous diuretic in my opinion because of the way that it drops your sodium-potassium levels. Unlike something like Demadex, which stops continually dropping your electrolyte levels after 10 days, Lasix doesn't stop til you drop so to speak. My point is that yes the guy taking Lasix contributed to his death, but if you remove Lasix from that equation then it would be a story we have hear over and over again. Recreational drugs plus alcohol no matter what else you are taking can kill you. Plus all prescription diuretics are also used to regulate blood pressure so you can not have any kind of existing heart disorder if you are going to use it for bodybuilding. The other problem is that most people who used diuretics to lean down don't realize that they are dehydrating their body, they think that if they drink water they will put the water weight back on which is not true, it will help them lose more.

To answer the main thread question at hand if you are only drinking a gallon of water a day, that alone can cause you water retention. For someone who is doing the routine that you are. The more water you drink the less you will hold. My swim coach used to say drink water til you piss water, which is true to a point. That last little bit of water, your body is going to hold it in reserve unless you are getting way more than you need, then it should release it. And absolutely no to lasix. It can only be taken for 5 days and you have to be on IV fluids or be taking about 3x the daily of all of your electrolytes in concentrated form. I've heard of some drs prescribing it, but in my opinion only doctors who are trying to kill their patients would.

Try carb back loading bro, look into it

10 days of 30g or less carbs, then no carbs untill you work out, then 1-2 carbs per body lb after the workout. Rip you up good

Back