Do steroids change you mentally?

• Yes, I become more agressive

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Yes, I become more emotional

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • No, not really

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters
I dont think they do, maybe add a little more confidence and swagger, I think the only people that have mental problems and go crazy on gear, had those problems prior to starting gear

Mentally Like in my head like I think i'm hot shit when i'm around other guys espicialy both younger and older guys that I look 100 times better than? Ya I guess it does change me to that extent if that's what you mean by mentally.
And not to mention when i'm around the ladies.

I actually get anxiety attacks when I'm on Test. Which is odd, give I don't have a history of anxiety or mental illness.

rocko419 said:
Mentally Like in my head like I think i'm hot shit when i'm around other guys espicialy both younger and older guys that I look 100 times better than? Ya I guess it does change me to that extent if that's what you mean by mentally.
And not to mention when i'm around the ladies.
Hmm no...that would be a normal effect based on you looking better, not you being on gear...I was thinking more of a direct effect of the gear itself, regardless of a physical change. Like does the shot itself make you agressive, gives you a sense of wellbeing, makes you want to cry at puppies, etc.
So I guess your answer would be no on that.

All these guys who "went crazy", did not go crazy because of the gear they where running, I have read that Tren can affect your mood somewhat, but if you are an emotionally stable person you should be able to control this, these guys that went ape shit, either had mental problems prior or had some outside influence come in a wreck them emotionally, it just happens that they where on gear at the time, I mean people go ape shit everyday and you never hear about it, but let them be on steroids and OMG steroids are evil and they make people go crazy......what a fucking crock

In the beginning, I would become more confident, cocky, and have a better sense of well being. I do believe that it made me more aggressive.

Years later, I believe the side effects have toned down quite a bit. I dont feel much of any of the above anymore.

Only thing i've ever gotten is occasional panic attacks from tren. I wouldn't even say they are full-fledged panic attacks, more of just a shortness of breath and discomfort. They usually only happen to me the first couple weeks of tren.

No other problems for me though, and i should probably mention that i have anxiety, and am on medication for it (zoloft, welbutrin).

i honestly have never really "Raged" when i have been on. ya im more confident, but again thats cuz i look jacked. the closest thing i do to raging is driving. damn stupid drivers. lol never yell at them so they can hear, but man if someone is driving really slow and doing stupid shit while im trying to get to the gym, makes for a killer workout. im preaty laid back all the time though. i think it has to do with how u are all the time whether or not it actually effects u. if u have ur shit straight b4 u cycle, and u know what to expect, u should b ok. its a maturity thing. just how u were raised. and it helps to have a good girl on ur side to keep u down to earth

Hell yeah it does. Shit, sometimes when I'm under some heavy iron, I tell myself, this is why I do anabolic steroids; then I go and lift that shit.

I became a little more irritable when I took dbol and actually did demonstrate a little anger. I felt fricking jacked during my workouts, but I didn't try to size up every dude that I saw, and walk around like I was the shit or anything like that.

I personally feel much better while running Test.... it seems to help my mood if anything.

The only drug i've noticed any type of aggression on has been Tren. However, if i'm to run it at low doses i'm fine... it's when I get to 100mgs and beyond..... there's definitely some added aggression.

im am about to run tren in my upcoming lean mass cycle, and i have ran a preaty good dose of test befor without ne anger problems at all. im preaty down to earth, but everyone says tren makes u very angree. my job depends on me being very personable, should i ditch the tren or is it diffrent for everyone. i think roid rage is just for people who cant hand themselves in the first place. have ran halo befor without anger problems, (not out loud ne ways) think i should just give it a shot and if i start to get to agressive just drop it and it will be out of my system in like 3 or 4 days?

using steroids has brought depression issues out in me ! i no low test levels will cause slight depression when comming off but i get it worst than most, i just have to be strong,sensible with doses and mentally focused to get through it! I no alot of people would say its not a good idea cycling but i enjoy the results to much now to stop!I Also noticed that whilst feeling depressed my anger is terrible im sensible and can control it but dam i get bad headaches trying to keep it locked up!lol

Last edited:
yeah same here with test elevating the moods, the well being feeling, not in any cocky way or anything, but ya just feel good, never had any of the added aggression though

Back