Do you always need to feel a "pump"..

man you should! if not i would go lighter,slow and check tech to make sure your doing the movements right,then add the lbs!

The pump is just added blood going in the muscle it don't mean shit, but I like to feel it. It's all personal preference. Check your technique by a Personal trainer so you know you are doing good form.

it's a hell of a feeling to get a good pump :)

just like Arnold...
"Having a pump is like having sex. I train two, sometimes three times a day. Each time I get a pump. It's great. I feel like I'm coming all day..."

today I was having great pump in my arms and I felt they were going huge... which motivated me a lot... at the beginning of the workout I was looking at them and thinking of much work I needed to do to give them some good size... but about at the middle, after heavy barbell curls and triceps kickback, I looked and the miror and just saw them huge.

this feeling is something awesome...

concentrate on the body parts you're working and make sure you feel them work well and hard.

the pump is nice but i want soreness the following day thats when you know you worked it

A pump is what you are lookin for ..........change your routine often....if not your muscles will not reap the rewards of a pump or post soreness

Beast_19_301 said:
ya i like soreness too, just remember that soreness isn't a sign of progress.

What do you mean soreness isnt a sign of progress???????? That sounds like it comes from someone who doesnt get sore very often.

It means just b/c you get sore don't mean you are progressing.
If you are getting tighter, weights are going up, waist is going down then that is progress
I do get sore from most work outs, but I can have a fucking good work out and not be sore. So thats why I say soreness isn't a sign of progress.

I can lift more weights in one a work out then i did in my last and not be sore. Thats y i say soreness isn't a sign or progress

I hope you have it now

soreness and a pump mean shit when trying to build muscle and get stronger. See how many powerlifters or bodybuilders who follow powerlifting type training actually feel a pump or are sore the next day. Deadlifting is one of the best movements for anyone to do, what kind of pump are you getting their.

Beast_19_301 said:
It means just b/c you get sore don't mean you are progressing.
If you are getting tighter, weights are going up, waist is going down then that is progress
I do get sore from most work outs, but I can have a fucking good work out and not be sore. So thats why I say soreness isn't a sign of progress.

I can lift more weights in one a work out then i did in my last and not be sore. Thats y i say soreness isn't a sign or progress

I hope you have it now

tighter, weights going up, waist down...progress...all depends on what you are training for...

i train for the weights to go up, size to go up...you can always tighten up and slim the waist later...

i believe that most train to be larger first, get the weight up and then work on the tightening and the waist....

for example, there is a bro at the gym, tight as hell, 32 inch waist, weighs a bill 75 and cant move any weight...but he sure moves the little he pushes a lot of times, thus the cut and hardness etc...

and me for example, i push more weight, have more size and am just as progressive in my training or more so then he is...

and can cut it up and trim the waist at any time and have 60 more lbs on me then him...

so, for anyone interested, it does all depend on what you are training for and what your goals are....

not to many powerlifters and strength gurus are ripped to shreds and in bb comps...

my .02

E

Last edited:
How can you not get a pump????I thought it comes natural with lifting weights. The pump is the best feeling in the world.

it's impossible not to feel a pump when you are lifting with a certain muscle because the pump you feel is that muscle contracting. ??

Back