Doc adjusted TRT

scouser5

We've only won it 5 times
Previously on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) cream prescribed by doctor. It was a prop compound mixture at 50mg per day.Test Cyp shots previously not covered by health insurance but are now.So doc issued following per week,both injections.

Test Cyp 75mg p/wk
Deca 50mg p/wk

Deca was issued for long standing joint issues. My doc said he cant prescribe ancillaries due to Federal Government making sure medical practices arent just prescribing scripts for bodybuilders. He uses himself. Not sure about the reasoning behind that.Anyway, Im resigned I need to pick up the ancillaries myself.

HCG 250iu every 4 days
Cabaser
AIFM once a week

Never used Deca before so any suggestions for cabaser dosage are welcome.

Might want to bump this up to the "Anabolic Steroids" portion of the forum since we pretty deal with just test down here. Your therapy is basically a "legal" cycle.

Really hilarious that your guy won't spring for the "ancillaries" but he would prescribe two potent AAS - don't think more than a hand-full of docs here would risk that.

Also, most of the guys here use prescription-grade AIs (Arimidex) although some might be familiar with AIFM. Well, Cabergoline, that's a whole another story.

Good luck, whatever.

Huh??That is definitely not cycle dosages of test and Deca.. Actually, at this dosage, I would try and get by w/o the ancillaries..

Huh??That is definitely not cycle dosages of test and Deca.. Actually, at this dosage, I would try and get by w/o the ancillaries..

This ^^^^^

75 mg test/50 mg deca per week is not close to anything I think any physician or lay person would construe as a legal cycle.

I'm surprised your MD would not prescribe Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) or an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) as neither are scheduled substances.

My physician's nurse practitioner writes my scripts for my Aromatase inhibitor (AI) and Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) but the physician has to sign the script for my test cyp.

Odd...

I'm surprised your MD would not prescribe Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) or an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) as neither are scheduled substances.

My physician's nurse practitioner writes my scripts for my Aromatase inhibitor (AI) and Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) but the physician has to sign the script for my test cyp.

Odd...

In my experience, This will vary from Doc to Doc and how often he sees patients. For example: My current doc requires that I see him once a month for refills & follow-up (state laws yadda, yadda, yadda) and won't prescribe ancillaries until my next set of bloodwork, to see how my body responds to the new protocol. Previous doc? Saw him every 2.5 - 3months and prescribed ancillaries every visit.

Last edited:
Previously on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) cream prescribed by doctor. It was a prop compound mixture at 50mg per day.Test Cyp shots previously not covered by health insurance but are now.So doc issued following per week,both injections.

Test Cyp 75mg p/wk
Deca 50mg p/wk

Deca was issued for long standing joint issues. My doc said he cant prescribe ancillaries due to Federal Government making sure medical practices arent just prescribing scripts for bodybuilders. He uses himself. Not sure about the reasoning behind that.Anyway, Im resigned I need to pick up the ancillaries myself.

HCG 250iu every 4 days
Cabaser
AIFM once a week

Never used Deca before so any suggestions for cabaser dosage are welcome.

How often do you see your doc? Have you discussed whether he would precribe ancillaries based on follow-up bloodwork? What were your initial bloodwork levels at? Depending on your pre-therapy (current) Estro and LH it may not yet be indicated.

75 mg test/50 mg deca per week is not close to anything I think any physician or lay person would construe as a legal cycle.

Au contraire, a State Medical Board might have been known to refer to the combined use of nandrolone in precisely that manner. And, of course, not all patients follow the dosing recommended by their doc.

Yea its not a cycle, its what my doc prescribed as TRT. Im not trying to cycle, I'm on this for the rest of my life so I wanted to see if anyone else was prescribed something similar? My test levels were at 220ng/dl. The place where my doc practices is a family medicine center so there may be protocol he has to follow from them. Originally he had me on a compund test cream prop mix @ 50mg p/day. It was okay, nothing great and it was costing me $110 per month out of pocket so once I got the weekly injections at the doctor office covered I switched to that. I have done 3 cycles ranging from 12-20 wks using a host of different steroids at cycle dosages but I have never used anything this low and wanted to see if:
1-It would work as a testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) dosage?
2-Would I even need ancillaries for that dosage?

Doc is taking bloodwork in 6 weeks and he said if test levels not up to 400 range he will up test to 100mg p/wk(I know its a lot right) but I want to make sure this will be effective for the long term.

Doctor is very strict about upping dosage and dismissed ancillaries when I asked for them.Weird but I didnt question it cos it took me forever to find a doc to prescribe test for trt.

Doc told me the optimum dosage for a male to gain hypertrophy is 175mg p/wk for a 200lb male,aged 35 and up. Not sure where he got that stat.

You need a different doc.. He's too conservative.. You're not going to feel optimum w/ a test level of 400

Au contraire, a State Medical Board might have been known to refer to the combined use of nandrolone in precisely that manner. And, of course, not all patients follow the dosing recommended by their doc.

I'd be shocked to find one that would...any evidence to support that assumption?

Also, the last comment is non sequitur as no medical board would hold a physician accountable for the specific actions of his/her patient acting on their own respective accord that directly contradicts physician prescription.

.... And, of course, not all patients follow the dosing recommended by their doc.

While that is the truth we are dealing with difficult to obtain controlled substances here. Anyone who chose to ignore their doctor's recommendations would find themselves rapidly out of their medication and unable to obtain more until it was time for a regularly scheduled prescription refill.

I'd be shocked to find one that would...any evidence to support that assumption?

Also, the last comment is non sequitur as no medical board would hold a physician accountable for the specific actions of his/her patient acting on their own respective accord that directly contradicts physician prescription.

I would also like to know what State Medical Board would call this type of therapy 'cycling'? That just baffles my mind because both are FDA approved medicines prescribe at low dosages.

If I'm to find a new doc it may take a while. Ill just continue on this for now and see how the blood work comes back. What have you found to be ideal dosage on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and what are your ideal test levels? I was told that 220 "wasnt that low" but because I was depressed and showing other symptoms he went ahead and put me on TRT.

I would say AT LEAST 100 mgs every week.. Every 5th day is ideal to keep your blood levels stable.. Everyone is different about where they feel best, but, from what I read is most people feel best between 600-1000.. I know how frustrating it is to find a doc who will treat you properly.. Been there done that, had enough.. I called Chip
and signed up w/ Maximus.. Well worth it!!

If I'm to find a new doc it may take a while. Ill just continue on this for now and see how the blood work comes back. What have you found to be ideal dosage on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and what are your ideal test levels? I was told that 220 "wasnt that low" but because I was depressed and showing other symptoms he went ahead and put me on TRT.

There is really no ideal dosage as each scripp must be titered to the patients blood levels and symptoms. Any Test value of 400 or less on bloodwork is low enough to be considered hypogonadal.

TR nailed it with the minimum therapeutic dose and injection schedule (at least 100mgs E5D). Personally, I tend to see dosages of 200mgs/week being common with some higher doses depending on how shut down a person is.

Hang in there brother and keep us posted!

Back