doctor put me on blood pressure medication. any insight please?

SoHo

[gill]
i've been going to this doctor since january, i like her a lot great doctor, and every time i show up there my blood pressure is high. every time it's over 145.
today it was 160/90, last time it was 155... it's always in that area.

i'm on 250mg test e, 2.3iu GH, 100mcg t3. my estrogen is always in check too. i donate blood every 8-10 weeks, work out for 2 hours a day 5x a week with 30 minutes of pretty intense cardio (stairs)

so now she put me on Norvasc and i'm kind of worried because i'm very young to be on this type of medication. can anyone tell me anything about it?

she also took my blood today. when she came back she was asking me how my diet is, and then she was like "do you take any drugs? ...... any supplements? .... anything for the gym?". this is the second time she's asked me a question in that way. in the past she's also asked "do you take testosterone?" . she said specifically testosterone and not just "steroids". which was a bit odd so i think she knows.

Last edited:
She definitely knows. I domt have any insight into the meds. Sounds like you're doing everything right. How old are you? Any history of high blood pressure in your family? Hows your diet?

Whatever you do don***8217;t tell you doctor your on gear/Testosterone. She***8217;ll put it in your chart and that could come back to haunt you. It would be different if it were prescribed trt. If you ever go to get life insurance down the road especially from a reputable company and for a good amount of money they will go way back in your medical records and they will see you have been giving yourself Testosterone. It could also affect insurance especially if you go to purchase your own.

If anything research Testosterone boosters, we all know their a joke but go in armed with info, the brand name etc and if your gonna say anything just say your on test boosters. It***8217;s not like back in the day when you could say that you wanna have a conversation with your doctor off the record. Nowadays it***8217;s more like a business and doctors aren***8217;t your friends. Their may be a few people around that have that luxury of having the same doctor for many years and have that confidentiality but it getting more rare nowadays.

As for the BP thing so many people are on BP meds these days and if you can***8217;t get it in check without meds then it***8217;s better your on them than not. A big problem with doctors is they wanna give everyone a treatment for the problem and they don***8217;t get down to the cause. That***8217;s what I like about holistic doctors, they get down to the root of the problem and nip that in the but.

She definitely knows. I domt have any insight into the meds. Sounds like you're doing everything right. How old are you? Any history of high blood pressure in your family? Hows your diet?
my diet is perfect. i'm on an aggressive cut right now, so it has to be perfect otherwise i freak out haha. and yeah my dad had pretty high blood pressure for years and was taking baby aspirin for a while but he also was eating like total shit. to be honest i've been cruising on 250 test for a really long time which is probably not the smartest thing, but regardless after this summer i'm going to lower the dose to a real TRT dose for a while.

Your Doctor already knows that you are taking Steroids.
Cause she ran a Total Testosterone, and you're probably at least Twice the Upper Limits of the Test if she ran the LC/MS Version.
If she ran the Simple Serum Total Testosterone Test, then you are Greater than 1,500 Ng/dl.

As to whether or Not you come clean and tell her (only you can decide that).
My Personal Physician knows that I Cycle, and doesn't put it in my Chart.
But that's not saying that every Doctor is going to be so Gracious.

Your Blood Pressure is Definitely a Concern.
Especially if it runs in the Family, and since your Dad had High BP, you need to be careful.

Make sure that you are Tracking your Sodium Intake and Stay under the recommended Daily Intake.
New Guideline's Recommend that you stay Under 2,300 Mg a Day.
And make sure that you are Drinking over a Gallon of Water per day............................. JP
P.S.
Lowering your Dose of Test should help.
Buy a Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor and Monitor your BP, they are Inexpensive and available on Amazon !

Your Doctor already knows that you are taking Steroids.
Cause she ran a Total Testosterone, and you're probably at least Twice the Upper Limits of the Test if she ran the LC/MS Version.
If she ran the Simple Serum Total Testosterone Test, then you are Greater than 1,500 Ng/dl.

As to whether or Not you come clean and tell her (only you can decide that).
My Personal Physician knows that I Cycle, and doesn't put it in my Chart.
But that's not saying that every Doctor is going to be so Gracious.

Your Blood Pressure is Definitely a Concern.
Especially if it runs in the Family, and since your Dad had High BP, you need to be careful.

Make sure that you are Tracking your Sodium Intake and Stay under the recommended Daily Intake.
New Guideline's Recommend that you stay Under 2,300 Mg a Day.
And make sure that you are Drinking over a Gallon of Water per day............................. JP
P.S.
Lowering your Dose of Test should help.
Buy a Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor and Monitor your BP, they are Inexpensive and available on Amazon !

thanks for the tips, i'll keep those in mind.
regarding telling my doctor about what i do, i'm honestly debating it. i'm sure she knows or at least can tell that it's of great probability that i'm on test. she's young and really cool and understanding and down to earth but it could really go either way.
before i moved, the doctor who i've been seeing since i was a kid knew and didn't put it on my chart. he kept an eye on me... too bad he's retired. when i first started i didn't know what the hell i was doing and wanted to get blood work, so i asked him. a few hours later he calls me and is like "dude are you on steroids? cause either you have a tumor with all that testosterone or you're injecting it." haha good times!

thanks for the tips, i'll keep those in mind.
regarding telling my doctor about what i do, i'm honestly debating it. i'm sure she knows or at least can tell that it's of great probability that i'm on test. she's young and really cool and understanding and down to earth but it could really go either way.
before i moved, the doctor who i've been seeing since i was a kid knew and didn't put it on my chart. he kept an eye on me... too bad he's retired. when i first started i didn't know what the hell i was doing and wanted to get blood work, so i asked him. a few hours later he calls me and is like "dude are you on steroids? cause either you have a tumor with all that testosterone or you're injecting it." haha good times!

She knows without a doubt that you are taking it.....or she shouldn't be practicing medicine. It's obvious even to us when we look at our bloodwork. But it doesnt matter what she knows.....it only matters what she can prove. So if I were you and I decided I was going to tell her then I would first pose it as a hypothetical. "So.....say I was taking testosterone. Would you be able to help monitor me or would this be something that ended up in my file? I'm just curious. I am NOT using any hormones I'm just curious". That implies guilt but doesnt prove it. I might even use the whole "this guy I know" approach. Lol

Up to you. I would just approach the topic with caution

My blood pressure was optimal for many years (110/70) and about a year ago it started to creep up to ranges between 130/80 to 140/90.
I started taking 400mgs of CoQ10 every day and it's now steadily back down to ranges of 105/60 to 117/70.

I swear by it although others may not have the same result.

She knows without a doubt that you are taking it.....or she shouldn't be practicing medicine. It's obvious even to us when we look at our bloodwork. But it doesnt matter what she knows.....it only matters what she can prove. So if I were you and I decided I was going to tell her then I would first pose it as a hypothetical. "So.....say I was taking testosterone. Would you be able to help monitor me or would this be something that ended up in my file? I'm just curious. I am NOT using any hormones I'm just curious". That implies guilt but doesnt prove it. I might even use the whole "this guy I know" approach. Lol

Up to you. I would just approach the topic with caution
GREAT idea! i have a follow up with her next week for her to see how my blood pressure is doing with the medication. i'm going to tell her my friend's doctor monitors him without putting it on his chart and see how she reacts. thanks for the idea.

My blood pressure was optimal for many years (110/70) and about a year ago it started to creep up to ranges between 130/80 to 140/90.
I started taking 400mgs of CoQ10 every day and it's now steadily back down to ranges of 105/60 to 117/70.

awesome. would much rather take a supplement than a prescription drug. i've just ordered a supplement geared towards guys like us called liver and organ defender which includes 25mg of CoQ10 in it. would that be sufficient?

thanks for sharing.

GREAT idea! i have a follow up with her next week for her to see how my blood pressure is doing with the medication. i'm going to tell her my friend's doctor monitors him without putting it on his chart and see how she reacts. thanks for the idea.

awesome. would much rather take a supplement than a prescription drug. i've just ordered a supplement geared towards guys like us called liver and organ defender which includes 25mg of CoQ10 in it. would that be sufficient?

I'm not sure if 25 mgs would be sufficient. Most sites advise at least 100 to 200 mgs. I take 400 mgs. I bought it on eBay. The brand is Garden Naturals and the bottle contains 200 capsules.

Here is the link:

https://ebay.com/itm/CoQ-10-400mg-Per-Serve-Size-200Cap-Coq10-Coenzyme-Anti-Aging-Cardiovascular-USA/192790752900?hash=item2ce3396e84:g:ri8AAOSwPA1cPLoz

Last edited:
COQ-10 is snake oil and pretty much useless unless you have gene deficiency preventing biosynthesis of coq10 by your own body. (Depending on diet, you'll get about 5mg per average from food.)
There's also no clinical trials, its not approved by the FDA and there's no link to actual cardiovascular or heart disease improvement/benefits proof that it does anything.
The clinical trials done on cancer patients also failed and can actually reduce the efficiency of chemo therapy.

It also claims to act like a free radical scavenger which will make you live shorter, at least according to recent studies done on free radicals and antioxidants.

And yes, I took it for over 6 months, no difference whatsoever.
Even tried the brand combined with the herb shit...

Far as doses... 1200mg per day is the upper limit for toxicity, so 400mg should indeed be safe all though not that great if you read the above text ;)
There is no established daily dose.

Last edited:
Get on a TRT program so you have a prescription from a doctor to show your other doctor. There IncreasemyT a TRT board sponsor that can help. I am in process to use them so I can cover myself legally.

Get on a TRT program so you have a prescription from a doctor to show your other doctor. There IncreasemyT a TRT board sponsor that can help. I am in process to use them so I can cover myself legally.

they're legit? meaning, they write you a script to pick up your test at CVS?

they are great as well, ive used them in the past. IMT rules!

Back