Does Propecia cause weight gain and does it hinder gains from AAS

gabegabeson

I read that some people gain weight on Propecia? Is this true? Also does it inhibit gains one would make from steroids if used at the same time during the cycle. I am asking this because my dermatologist wrote me a script because my hair line is receding but I haven't filled it yet.

gabegabeson said:
I read that some people gain weight on Propecia? Is this true? Also does it inhibit gains one would make from steroids if used at the same time during the cycle. I am asking this because my dermatologist wrote me a script because my hair line is receding but I haven't filled it yet.

I'm currently using dutasteride, and I've used finasteride (propecia) in the past and have noticed no changes as far as making gains while on either compound. I did notice a bit of a lethargic feeling while on the finasteride (not so on the dutasteride), so I assume this could've affected my workouts to a degree. But as far as strength/overall body composition I really didn't notice much difference while on as opposed to off.

The biggest problem I had with finasteride was that it absolutely killed my sex drive.

Taking prop or dut can affect estrogen levels so you may find weight distribution similiar to that of a woman ie ass/thighs/gyno

Artificially low levels of DHT in the body could cause some unwanted conditions. DHT is an antagonist of estrogen. Men’s bodies also produce the female hormone estrogen in the adrenal glands, although this is just one-tenth of the estrogen that premenopausal women produce in their ovaries. By reducing DHT with drugs, a man’s protection from the effects of estrogen may also be reduced. This could result in gynecomastia.

HeHateMe said:
The biggest problem I had with finasteride was that it absolutely killed my sex drive.

join the club mang, fucking demolished my sex drive to natta, zilch! been off propecia for a while and just starting using dut. No decline in sex drive yet(2 or soo months now)

Back