Doing legpress and squats?

krupt

On my leg day I do squats and leg press and then a machine for quads and a machine for hams. Is leg press necessary because I feel it is similar to squats.

Leg press hit your quads in a different way and angle than Squats and they should be a part of any leg workout. Not bragging, but my legs are my best body part and they use to lag alittle. I have did the same leg workout for years and it has always been leg press, hacks, squats and leg extensions for quads, and I will finish with parking lot(do them on the gym basketball court now) lunges. Most guys don't care about there legs and you can usually pick them out in the gym wearing pants and tank tops in the gym..:D I have always squatted after leg presses and I have never had a knee problem and I don't wear wraps and I go alittle heavy on everything..LOL

i have knee problems and my legs lag.

i'm workin on them a lot to get them up to par though.

i do legpress, squats, and iso movements.

I do both as well and have seen nice results. A basic leg day for me is stretch, 10 min warm up, squats, sled or leg press, locked knee deads (great for hams), calves.

Leg press hit your quads in a different way and angle than Squats

Agreed! Leg press is important - once your stabilization muscles are shot - leg press is a great add to finish off your prime movers without having to worry about stabilizing.

Love the leg press. It really allows you to play with where you hit your quads. It's more focused on quads I feel as well, as opposed squats which work a lot of hams, glutes, lowerback on top of it.

Back