Easy chicken recipes???

Goat Ass

Forum *****istrator
Hi, every day at around 4pm or so I have a chicken breast and some veggies (usually peas & broccoil). Now for a while I didn't care if the chicken breast was seasoned or not, I just baked 7 of the things at the start of the week and reheated one each day in the microwave.

Well I am getting to dislike eating that chicken, what advice do you have? Easy chicken recipe that stores well, reheats well, and is easy to eat?

Try marinading the chicken or just covering it with a lot of spices before you cook it to let some flavor soak into the chicken to change the taste. The flavors will get into the chicken best if you let them soak overnight. If you're using dried spices, add some water to cover the chicken and help hydrate the spices so the flavor will come out better.

One good marinade is olive oil, crushed garlic, soy sauce and a little brown sugar. You can dillute the soy sauce if you don't want a lot of salt and you can use an artificial sweetener (they make brown sugar substitutes). Let the chicken sit in the mixture for an hour, this one doesn't need to sit overnight.

I make chicken breasts in the oven with marinaded artichoke hearts...using the liquid from the artichoke hearts to cook the chicken in really lets the flavor get into the chicken.

Even some simple lemon juice and black pepper will make a nice change for chicken!

Last edited:
An excellent marinade for chicken breast is wisbone italian dressing. It's gives your chicken a bit of zip and is near impossible to dry it out.

Leftovers make great salad toppers as well. :)

Last edited:
Rubberduckyo you're right I marinade my chicken in Italian dressing too, the oil keeps it from drying out on the bar b q

teriyaki is a great marinade for chicken! just soak it overnight!

i'm not sure if its available where you are at, but i buy this stuff called Daddy Hinkle's, it has a dry marinade and then the wet that you put on after the dry. i've used it on chicken, steaks, pork and it is all good! a little goes a long way on it.

http://www.daddyhinkles.com/

As far as chicken goes I usually sautee a couple tablespoons of olive oil and minced garlic (not crushed...minced brings out a bit more flavor) drop in a bit of white wine (the better the wine, the better the taste but definitely use white). Drop in your chicken breasts but cook on a low heat...a high heat tends to cook it too fast and it becomes a bit too dry. Then sprinkle a bunch of lemon pepper on both sides of the chicken. If you cook it on the low heat it becomes a very juicy, flavorful chicken dish. Every once in a while I'll throw in a couple dashes of some good balsamic vinegar (not vinagrette). But that usually works out well for me.

Another good way to add some greens to it is to add some spinach and cook that the same way and drop that on top of the chicken which ends up delicious if you like spinach.

I am a big wing fan but they are so fatty and greasy. I like my chicken breast on the grill and I put hot sauce on it as it cooks. Pour a little Blue cheese dressing and I'm good to go!

Salsa and chicken is really good. Just put your chicken breasts in a baking dish and cover with salsa (I prefer Pace). Bake at about 325 - 350 for 45 minutes. Cheese topping optional. The chicken comes out VERY tender. The acid in the salsa helps to tenderize it. :)

Try dipping in a "Hot Wing" type sauce.
((Or switching to wings as opposed to breasts, ez to prep. just bake)
1/2 cup cayenne pepper sauce
1/3 cup butter or margarine

FYI no carbs!

I will cut my breats into strips, and then roll them in shake and bake. Then near the end of baking them I pour buffalo wing hot sauce over them. Try to leave enough left over that I can dip the strips. You get a nice low fat buffalo chicken strip. I will also use fat free sour cream for dipping instead of blue cheese. They taste pretty damn awesome.

For a quick fix I just cut the chicken breast into strips and mix with hot pepper sauce with a hint of grounded white pepper.

Works for me. 8o)

i just use a george forman grill, it taks like 10min, tastes really good.

I cook mine on the George Foreman grill and sprinkle some Mrs. Dash on them. When I grill them on the barbeque I marinade them with italian dressing and tastes awesome.

Man, I eat "shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit-loads" of chicken. Shitloads! I've tried everything... what works best for me is Shake and Bake, it's so easy and tastes like healthy KFC;) . Other than that I marinade a pile of breats in vinager,bbq sauce, mustard, pepper, and mabe a small lump of brown sugar. Then I throw em on the BBQ or heat them in the oven. Good stuff. If that does'nt do it for ya then just eat beef lol. Peace.

I'm a freak, I just toss my splitchicken breast on the bone in my microwave and nuke the piss out of it for 5 minutes. Comes out cracklin hot then just load up with some kethcup and rip away at the flesh.

sounds like me, im to lazy to cook chicken everyday so i usually cook a bunch a just reheat it everyday,......try this, buy some Grill Mates(brand) montreal chicken seasoning and some Kikkoman teriyaki baste and glaze pour a shit load of both of these on there while cooking on the foreman grill, tastes damn good and quick too.The flavor is still there even after sitting in the fridge for a few days.:yesway:

for a change of taste..

you could do my favorite..

cut your chicken into little strips after you cook em.
bust out the flatbread , salsa, cheese, sour cream etc and make some kickass fajitas

these are some good ideas....for a while all I would eat was off the grill and its too damn cold to be outside grilling so I giving these a shot for sure......keep em coming......I also like chicken breast fried in a little olive oil....taste great with hot peppers on it ..

Back