EASY Protein Pumpkin Pie...For a CUT!!!

thecodgod

this recipe is super easy, loaded with protein and tastes pretty damn good, helps satisfy that sweet tooth as well as providing protein and fiber, LOW GI/LOW FAT

Get a medium sized bowl and mix thouroughly the following ingredients and then toss in the microwave and nuke for 5-7 mins
2-Cups Pumpkin Puree(160 cals)
4 egg whites(64 cals)
1 Scoop protein(130 cals)
Cinnamon and/or unsweetened cocoa
Splenda to taste
Baking Powder-1tsp

Macros
Cals-354(Protein-46g/Carbs-36/Fat-4g)

it pretty much tastes like a mix between pumpkin pie and a pumpkin muffin/cake

is this an individual serving?

how about throwing it in a graham crust and baking it? i know it'll have some more carbs but it could be some good fast carbs for pwo.

is this an individual serving?

how about throwing it in a graham crust and baking it? i know it'll have some more carbs but it could be some good fast carbs for pwo.

im sure it'd work fine, but its not exactly a pie, its more of like moist sponge cake so i dont know about a crust and i just posted the easiest way to prepare it.
oh and another plus is pumpkin is loaded with fiber and vitamins, this bad boy always fills me up real well.

any thoughts on what microwaving protein powder might do to the protein? I've just always heard that "cooking" with protein powder can damage the nutrients somehow. I have no source, just word of mouth. Sounds effin' delicious though, so I'm going to do it anyway.

it's just a myth, all protein denaturates when cooking...eggs, chicken, meat. the protein is still fine after cooking, even in the microwave.

Originally Posted by Designer Protein

"However, exposing protein to extreme temperature (hot or cold) will denature the protein to a certain degree. For example, heating whey protein to temperatures above 140 degrees F (60 degrees C) results in denaturation. For this reason, cooking or baking with DP denatures the protein. In addition, repeated freezing and thawing of a protein solution can result in deanaturation, but simply exposing the powder to low temperatures does not cause denaturation.

This does not mean that the amount of the protein is diminished. Denaturation can affect biological value (bioavailability) and may slow the digestion and absorption of the protein. (However, not to worry here; although the biological value is lowered somewhat by cooking, it is not reduced to zero.) Regardless, denatured protein still retains full nutritional value with regard to amino acid composition. And Designer Whey is a good source of all essential and non-essential amino acids; therefore, even if it is denatured, it is still a very high quality protein source. Also, all proteins are denatured when cooked (e.g., eggs, meat, soy, etc.). I hope this helps to explain the full nutritional value of the amount you use, and the Amino Acid content is still the same."

Back