Excersises and Rest Times

BALLscouter

Say you are doing biceps. How many different biceps exercises do you do? chest? back? legs?

and, between sets how long do you rest? 30 seconds? 2 minutes?

i tend to vary on ammount of exercises and rest times but i was wondering what everyone else thinks.

3 sets max per bodypart, on a heavy day.....2/3 mins rest..8 reps minimum
on a light training day 3 sets per body part.....1 min rest..high reps..15 /20
Change your order of excersises up every 4-6 weeks .....to prevent staleness

For me i train heavy and don't rest long max 45 seconds
But for more textbook style training 70w30 is right.
I like 4 sets 3 excercises but for the small ones just 2 excercies 3 sets

I do between 9-12 sets per bodbart, maybe 15 for back. Rest varies depending on what i do. Maybe 2 minutes between small muscle groups, but still depends on how heavy i go. Deadlifting could be 5 minutes or more. I am not going to miss a 500+ deadlift because i didn't rest enough between sets. I am not a powerlifter but i dead with very low reps, and rest is crucial.

I do 3 exercsise and generally 5 sets, warm up and a moderate weight and 3 heavy sets, wu@10reps, moderate@8 reps and three heavy sets at 6-8 reps and then to the next exercise...I train to increase strength, so i generally take a minimum of 2 minutes in between the stes, i dont clock watch that ofetn, so it could be 3-5 for all I know, but that gets my HTP or whatever it is back to where i need it to be to continue heavy, and i maintain the same workout and keep the weight heavy through out the entire training day...

I dont see the method between going up and coming down i weight on the same exercise...either maintain or increase....

my .02

E

Depends on the rep range you're doing.

When I'm doing around 5 reps I'll wait a good 3 minutes between sets, but if I'm just doing 12 reps I'll only wait 1 minute between sets.

Oddly enough though, whenever I do rest 2-3 minutes between sets I always get stares from people in the gym like I'm insane and even had a couple come up to me question me about it like I'm retarded.

My standard rep range is 5 for core and 8-10 for accessory. I usually wait only until my two training partners complete their sets but i would say it is about 2-3 minutes for core. Last night we did a three way circle( hold the puns) where i did a set of curls and handed the bar to my buddy, he did his set and passed it on. Not much rest time there but the biceps were screaming at me!

Back