Fav song/music to work out too ?

Megadeus1977 said:
I'm more of a progressive house or trance kinda guy. :dj:
I like techno for cardio and light days, but not the abercromie style.. is there such thing as hardcore techno?

When I'm doing stuff I need to get really pumped up for then (new-ish) upbeat, hard rock.. Disturbed, linkin park, etc; but only cetain songs.

And then rap. Mostly upbeat southern rap; no gangsta shiz. Oh yea C-Burna is on there! Anybody remember that?

While we're on this topic.. there was a post about this last year, and it seemed lik ea lot of people were still listening to 80s rock. How do you do that?

Last edited:
alot of rap. I have house on my ipod but thats because i had people put it on for me cause i know shit about it.

some rocl would be good too. can any one recomend anything, i like disturbed to hype me up. What else is similiar to that.

simpllyhuge said:
some rocl would be good too. can any one recomend anything, i like disturbed to hype me up. What else is similiar to that.
What I have on my playlist right now as far as rock -
  • Godsmack
  • Korn
  • Disturbed
  • System of a Down
  • Drowning Pool
  • Audioslave
  • Linkin Park
  • Sevendust
  • Three Days Grace
  • Atreyu
  • Slipknot

You just have to pick and choose songs that you like. Most of these bands have only a couple songs that facilitate intensity in my workouts; just had to find them. That hardcore death metal style shit throws me off.. I like rock w/ a deep bass line, upbeat and dirty style.

Heavy lifting = heavy metal / hard rock (metallica for DL/Sqautting and benching. Linking park, etc for all other sets).

Cardio = dirty house to get me in the "you need to look good for the ladies/club" mindset.

80's rock? I prefer 70's and 60's rock like AC/DC, Led Zep and Stones.

I don't think I'm a dinosaur though. Rammstein is good fun to get you through the hard stuff, but would be boring for the whole time you're in the gym.

Whatever I might like to listen to, it never seems to be whatever is playing in the gym. Its always some insipid pop fluff or embarrassing fake rap. I hate it when my iPod runs out of juice and I have to endure Beyonce again.

Melbourne said:
80's rock? I prefer 70's and 60's rock like AC/DC, Led Zep and Stones.

I don't think I'm a dinosaur though. Rammstein is good fun to get you through the hard stuff, but would be boring for the whole time you're in the gym.

Whatever I might like to listen to, it never seems to be whatever is playing in the gym. Its always some insipid pop fluff or embarrassing fake rap. I hate it when my iPod runs out of juice and I have to endure Beyonce again.

I'm with you on this bro. For Those About to Rock

i don't stick with one band. that's why the mixed CD.

anything that's loud, noisy and with a lot of screaming and cursing. sadly, our gym doens't play such. don't believe? watch some of my videos at youtube and listen tot eh background.

Bad Religion, Dropkick Murphys, Rise Against, Rancid, Thrice, Lagwagon, Melleconlin, Bouncing Souls, Social Distortion, Street Dogs, Pennywise and a a few others. This is what is on the IPOD now. These threads have a tendency to turn into who is cooler by who listens to the most obscure heavy metal crap. Not that all heavy metal is crap, but you get the idea.

mainly alt heavy rock...godsmack disturbed linkin park soil rammstein metallica saliva powerman 5000 rob zombie static x any of that sort

yes there is such a thing as hardcore techno... its called Jungle or Drum N Bass... its sounds really dark i guess you could say and a lot of bass kinda... its an aquired tatse.. not a lot of people dig it

Favorite type of musci is probably something like bullet for my valentine. all their songs plus maybe out of control and drown you out and some by three doors down. heavy metal gets you pumped. makes you feel bad. :rockband:

Hip hop, and rock.

Rage Against The Machine,Onyx, Sticky Fingaz, Deftones, Tupac,50 Cent,Biggie,Everlast,The Game, Psycho Realm, Dre, Snoop, Xzibit,LL Cool J, P.O.D., Accident Experiment, Sublime, 28 Days,,The Prodigy, Papa Roach, Project 86, Blindside, Hoobastank,Cypress Hill, Incubus, Crazy Town, Bad Brains, Bob Marley, Eek-a-mouse,Slightly Stoopid,Hazen Street, AC/DC,Sprung Monkey, NonPoint, Hed PE

DMX mostly, some korn, some linkin park. nothing gets me hyped up more than stop being greedy by dmx, and the into to its dark and hell is hot.

Back