First cycle help test and anavr

gruntwerk

I am banned!
Hey folks I'm gonna try to get straight to the point, I would like to run my first cycle and this is the story.

I have used test-e before, for 5 weeks to be exact - I tried to run my first 12 week test-e cycle well deployed in Iraq but unfortunately I was injured in an IED blast. I was at the point where I had just started to feel the test and I was responding well to it as far as I could tell (no bad sides). I had been running letro for an AI, I believe a 1/4 of a pill EOD... but I believe the test was just building up so not sure what AI dosage I really would of needed.

Now heres what I want to do, since I know test-e doesn't effect me super horrible (at least 5 weeks in) I would like to run test-e @ 375mg/wk for 1-12 weeks, as well as anavar @ 50mg/day for 6 weeks. Probably the first 6 weeks so it also gives me a bit of a kick with the pumps.

This will mostly be a recomp/cut cycle, only looking to retain all my lean mass and go into a large calorie deficit to lean out quickly. I hate feeling weak and slugging and feeling flat when I cut.

The few questions I have are this - I had gyno during puberty as a teenager, the doctors reversed it with a cycle of medication which I believe was nolva... I cannot be sure but I think that's what it was. So that leads me to my AI question, I've read letro is the best bang for your buck since its about the same price as adex thru my source but you get 2.5mg tabs, which one tab can last a week I have read. Now with that said I did read you can get rebound gyno bad from the letro, also read aromasin with nolva is the safest bet against gyno as aromasin can be used with a serm where an AI like letro doesn't work as well with a serm. So please any input on the AI issue?

Next..... should I run hcg during or pct? Or is not needed? I had read 250iu 2x a week on cycle makes recovery easier but can raise estrogen more.

Last... what are good supports to run during cycle to keep HDL and LDL levels good? Niacin? Garlic? I read red yeast can work too but the newer kind doesn't have the stuff in it that lowered cholesterol. So input here? I know milk thistle for the liver well running var too.

Okay guys sense no one is replying can I at least get the answer for the best AI for gyno prone or does it not matter?

Sorry that no one replied, ur post probably got pushed down.

1 - 375mg of test might be a bit low, do 4-500mg splt into two shots (3.5 days apart)
2- hcg is a must if u want to get ur balls back (250ui twice a week)
3- ai should be taken and since u already had gyno once u might get it again so itll be good to take it, start of at 0.25mg eod and as you get into ur cycle see if u need more, usually by 3-4th week i up my addx to 0.5 and leave it there thru out the cycle thats perfect for me but everyones different u have to find ur sweet spot

Pct: u have to do this in order to get ur natty test levels back up.

I hope i answered all ur questions, good luck and thanks for serving bruh!!

Jus lt read u were asking about letro; iv never used that so i wouldnt know so il llet someone with the experience answer that.

Thanks man for PCT I was planning clomid @ 50/50/25/25 and nolva @ 40/40/20/20.

Thanks for the HCG info I will run it twice a week. Now will I stop it when I stop the test or continue thru PCT?

For an AI just regular adex is fine if you're gyno prone? No need to use aromasin and nolva? Maybe I will just keep some letro on hand just incase. If the gyno comes back I'm opting for surgery.

You thinking running 500mg will be that much better? Probably best to go that route then seems to be the general standard. Maybe I was thinking 375mg in terms of less estrogen.

And thanks for the kind words brother, had a great time in the service regardless of injuries.

ok great! Now how about your stats? age, weight, cycle #, did you do bloodwork before your first?

I'm 29 and sitting aroud 16% BF, 6' and 216 lbs so I have some leaning out to do. As for diet I currently take in maintenence calories which is around 3500-4000 a day according to fitbit... depends on how many cardio sessions that day.

I eat simple as it allows me to eat cleaner, the basic lean meats and fish, egg whites for protein and carbs from whole grain oats and baked potatoes, some fruit - mainly green apples and bananas. Lots of fibrous veggies like broccoli, big tomato fan. Diets plain, I aim for a 40/40/20 macro ratio.

As for my lifts I'm not positive on my maxs as that's not something I ever do. I aim for a weight that let's me get 10 to 12 reps before failure. At the end of my routine I go back thru and use a super light weight and aim for 30+ reps to failure. I find doing a burn out gives me a great pump.

This is my first cycle that will be seem thru, if you read above I had to stop my first test-e cycle in week 5-6 because of injury. I was medivaced to germany and bed ridden.

I got fasting labs as a general check up but they didn't do a hormone pannel. It has the lipids and liver enzymes though so I know that base. I will probably get another set of labs with hormone. Also had a stress test done and they said my hearts great.

Thanks I will read it.

So is hcg only during or thru post cyle as well if doing the 250iu 2 x a week?

Any input on supplement to help with the cholesterol shift?

I wish there was a private lab for bloods in NY, the ones listed online say they don't offer to NY. I doubt my doc I going to order a ton of labs especially giving th reason.

Anyone know some place for private blood work in upstate NY? By Syracuse or Rochester area?

use the HCG during your cycle NOT during pct. and in terms of cholesterol just keep your diet healthy, keep saturated fats relatively low etc. good luck :)

use the HCG during your cycle NOT during pct. and in terms of cholesterol just keep your diet healthy, keep saturated fats relatively low etc. good luck :)

Thanks Bro!

I will follow that for sure... I really need to find a private lab here though for mid cycle and post cycle blood work. Not sure how to go about it without a doctors order for labs. I'm going to go back in a week or two and have my PC do a hormone panel so I know my baseline... I just told her I feel like I may suffer from low T based on some symptoms so she said okay we will do a hormone panel. But from there not sure where to go as I don't want to tell her mid cycle hey I need labs because I'm running 500mg of test.

And on the same token, part of me feels like telling the truth would be better... but at that point she could refuse me the blood work because of why I want it, or refuse me as a patient or something, not really sure all that will happen if you tell your doc you're juicing. So if anyone sees this who knows of a lab in upstate NY please let me know as I cannot find anything.

So my finalized plan is week:
1-12: Test-E 500mg/wk (pin mon + thurs)
1-12: HCG 250iu 2x week
1-6: 50MG anavar a day - split morning and evening

Two weeks after last pin:
clomid 50/50/25/25
nolva 40/40/20/20

Was thinking with the anavar if I should wait to start it, for instance if I use it to kick start the cycle and run for 6 weeks then there will only be 2 weeks where the test is peaked with the anavar. Not sure if that's okay? So in terms of them working together maybe it would be best to start the var going into week 3 so I would have already ran the test for 2 weeks prior to the var.... giving me 4 weeks total with the two together. Any input there guys? Thanks again!!!

Test @ 500mg per week (2 x 250mg every 3.5 days)
No point shutting yourself down for less than 500mg in my eyes.

HCG @ 500iu per week (2 x 250iu every 3.5 days)
Run this from week 1 until 3 days before commencing PCT.

AI: Arimidex (do not use letro!)
start @ 0.5mg every 3 days and adjust according to mid-cycle bloods.

PCT:
Clomid - 50/50/50/50
Nolvadex - 40/40/20/20

Drop the anavar!
This is your 1st 'proper' cycle - no necessity to get clever.

If you want to lose bodyfat, run a calorie deficit and include cardio.

Anavar is THE most faked oral on the market, and 90% of the time it has been switched with D'Bol.
You do NOT want to be taking D'Bol and Test for a 1st cycle.

Cycle clever, keep it simple, progressive - and learn something from every run!

Last edited:
Test @ 500mg per week (2 x 250mg every 3.5 days)
No point shutting yourself down for less than 500mg in my eyes.

HCG @ 500iu per week (2 x 250iu every 3.5 days)
Run this from week 1 until 3 days before commencing PCT.

AI: Arimidex (do not use letro!)
start @ 0.5mg every 3 days and adjust according to mid-cycle bloods.

PCT:
Clomid - 50/50/50/50
Nolvadex - 40/40/20/20

Drop the anavar!
This is your 1st 'proper' cycle - no necessity to get clever.

If you want to lose bodyfat, run a calorie deficit and include cardio.

Anavar is THE most faked oral on the market, and 90% of the time it has been switched with D'Bol.
You do NOT want to be taking D'Bol and Test for a 1st cycle.

Cycle clever, keep it simple, progressive - and learn something from every run!

Thanks man I do appreciate the help.

I thought I MIGHT be able to get away with the anavar because I had no bad reaction to the 5 weeks of test, but like you said it's the first proper cycle. The source I was going to use claims it's lab tested or shows the lab test sheet, also has good reviews on that brand (Quality Direct Labs). Now with that said I know we can't talk about the source its self but I think it would be legit, but anyway I will take the advice to hold off on it as it's still my first cycle.

The blood work thing is proving to be quite harder than I thought, the ones listed on here do not offer to NY and I've been cruising google trying to find some type of private lab around but not seeing anything. Would it be best to just tell my doc what I'm doing so I can get the labs? I also have to line up a spot to donate blood but that one is simple enough in my area.

Thanks for the HCG that's exactly what I needed clarified.

I'm going to run a small deficit and drop a few pounds of BF before I start up as well, I would like to start pinning by May 1st so just have to get everything here on time. Can you go beyond a 1k calorie deficit well on a test cycle and keep most of your lean mass?

Thanks again for all the help bros!!!

I wouldn't tell your docs. Aas use is considered drug abuse. Your doc will document everything since it's his job. This could raise red flags with your medical insurance and raise your premiums.

I get free medical at the VA but I'm sure they'll find something to use it against me for, like saying it's aggravating my PTSD.

I'll have to figure something out for these labs, wish NY didn't have these weird laws.

I wouldn't tell your docs. Aas use is considered drug abuse. Your doc will document everything since it's his job. This could raise red flags with your medical insurance and raise your premiums.

Also thanks for pointing me to the FAQ thread I found my answers in there about the supplements and gyno information.

Private MD labs will provide you with a referral for any type of blood work you desire. And it's cheap. I printed my paperwork on Friday, got blood work on Monday, and had my results in my inbox by Wednesday.

Back