First Cycle, Need Critique

HappyCamper85

First I am not really looking for diet advice. I will be getting a trainer for my diet/workout, but I wanted to give you a little of my background before going into my first cycle. I will gladly take any advice you are willing to give.

Height: 6'1"
Weight: 165 lbs
Body fat: 7% ish. (based off of electronic scale)
Years lifting: 15 years on and off, last 3 years have been an average of 5 days a week in the gym.
Last year I got a local contest prep coach that helped with the diet/lifting.
I train in the morning before work, here is my diet for the day.
Diet:
1 scoop whey w/ 2 egg whites
1/2 serv. Karolyn
Go to Gym (lift for about 1 hour-1hr 15min)
1/2 cup pineapple
2 scoop whey
1st meal (7 am):
7 egg whites, 1 cup oatmeal, 1/4 cup blueberries or strawberries
2nd meal (10 am):
7 oz Chicken, 1/2 avocado (or MCT oil), 1.5 cup pasta
3rd meal (2 pm)
8 oz beef, 1 cup white rice, asparagus or broccoli
4th meal (6 pm)
7 oz chicken/turkey or fish, 8oz sweet potato or white potato, spinach or broccoli
5th meal (9 pm)
6 egg whites, 1 scoop mass gainer, 1 tablespoon MCT oil
Total comes to 3139 calories (40% protein, 42% carbs, 18% fat)
Training:
Monday-Friday
Monday: Back and Bicep, Tuesday: Chest and Tricep, Wed: Shoulders, Thursday: Legs, Friday: Shoulders.
I am currently trying to bulk, but my body has a very hard time gaining weight. I will up my calories by 200-300 in a few weeks, but I am already force feeding myself. I currently weight around 165lbs, my goal is to bulk up to around 200lbs and cut back to 185 where I can maintain. My last bulking cycle I went from 159 to 175 (clean) and cut back down to 165, where I am at now. I have been reading all the stickies and re-reading them in prep for my first cycle.

CYCLE:

Blood test approx 2-3 weeks prior to the start of the cycle
Test E 250mgX2 Week 1-12 (total of 500mg weekly)
Aromasin 12.5mg ED Week 1-12
HCG 250iuX2 Week 1-14 (Stop 3 days before PCT)
N-Acetyl Cysteine 600mg ED
Finasteride 5mg ED Week 1-15, then maybe lower dosage to .5-1mg ED
I will have Raloxifene on hand for gyno, if needed I plan on starting with 120mg/day for the first week, then 60mg/day every week after until gone (suggested 8 weeks minimum). But I am not sure I will know if/when I have it. But hopefully, its obvious and I don't get it...
Blood test 7 weeks into the cycle
PCT Layout:
Clomid 75mg ED Week 15
Nolva 40mg ED Week 15
Clomid 50mg ED Week 16-19
Nolva 20mg ED Week 16-19
Blood test 6 weeks after PCT completion.

Anyways, what am I missing? What would you change? What am I doing wrong?

I will post my blood test prior to starting the first cycle.

im actually surprised... you did your homework

the cycle doesn't look bad at all
12.5ed is good for aromasin but keep an eye on bloat and up it if you see youre gaining too much water weight.

youre having some issues with macro timing with your diet.. but you said you didn't want diet advice..

so good luck!

im actually surprised... you did your homework

the cycle doesn't look bad at all
12.5ed is good for aromasin but keep an eye on bloat and up it if you see youre gaining too much water weight.

youre having some issues with macro timing with your diet.. but you said you didn't want diet advice..

so good luck!

Thanks for the feedback! I am glad to hear I am on the right track. The reason for saying I didn't want diet advice is because I didn't want this thread to get off the topic of my cycle. The other reason is I am planing on you sir to be my trainer. I am just waiting to order all my gear and have it in hand before I start everything. That being said I will gladly take any diet advice from anyone. Do you see anything that I should add to my cycle? Anything not listed that I should have on hand before I start my cycle as "Just in case"? I would hate for some side to come on and me have to order something and it take a few weeks to get here... I would rather have it in on hand just in case.

I agree the yokes are all the good fat.

Yeah, I am just going off what my old trainer laid out for me. I could be doing it all wrong. I just buy the containers of egg whites and drink them instead of cooking them. But soon 3J will be laying out my diet for me! I just want to get all my gear first.

Last edited:
very cool! looking forward to working with you!

the only other thing i see missing is hcg.. wouldn't be a bad idea to start 250iu twice a week with the cycle all up the way up to 3 days before pct starts.. that would be optimal
Thanks for the feedback! I am glad to hear I am on the right track. The reason for saying I didn't want diet advice is because I didn't want this thread to get off the topic of my cycle. The other reason is I am planing on you sir to be my trainer. I am just waiting to order all my gear and have it in hand before I start everything. That being said I will gladly take any diet advice from anyone. Do you see anything that I should add to my cycle? Anything not listed that I should have on hand before I start my cycle as "Just in case"? I would hate for some side to come on and me have to order something and it take a few weeks to get here... I would rather have it in on hand just in case.

So 3J.... why wasnt I allowed to eat any yolks?!?!
You forced me to eat 10 eggs with only whites for breakfast everyday lol :(

Back