First 'real' cycle - thoughts?

Faps

Hey everyone,

This is my first post, but I've read quite a number of articles on here and wanted to get the community's feedback on my first real attempted cycle. I have attached a spreadsheet of my stats, cycle, and meal plan and I was also considering following the workout routine below as well.

Here are my current stats

Body Fat % ~ 15% Experience 4 years
Age 28 Work Place Desk Work
Height 6 ft Bench Press 225 x 5
Weight 205lbs Dumbell Press 100 x 7-8
Barbell Curl 125 x 7-8
Dumbell Curl 40 x 10-12
Squat 185 x 10-12

I have done a single 'cycle' before however it was anavar only at 70mg for 8 weeks. After doing some actual reading this time around, I'm pretty aware that I should use test as a base.

My overall goal isn't to look like an absolute monster, but more so do a lean-bulk. I want to stay pretty lean but add on some size and strength. Ideally, I'd want to look like this, (maybe a 3-4% more body fat - I don't want to be totally unrealistic about 10 weeks)

View attachment 559799

Here is my plan:
View attachment 559797

Weeks Product Quantity Unit Weekly Frequency Weekly Total

Week 1-10 Test E 250 mg Mon/Thurs 500

Week 1-10 Clen 40 mcg ED (2/2 On/Off) 280

Week 2-10 Arimidex 0.5 mg EOD 1.75

Week 2-12 HCG 1000 iu Monday 1000

Week 3-10 Anavar 80 mg ED 560

Week 12 Clomid 100 mg ED 700

Week 12-15 Nolva 20 mg ED 140

Week 13-15 Clomid 50 mg ED 350

For Cycle Support, I have N2Guard and Milkthistle
Fish Oil
Vitamin C
Vitamin E
Optimen Multi Vitamin
BCAA
ZMA

Meals Quantity Protein Carbs Calories

Meal 1
Protein Shake 2 scoops 44 18 360
Pita 1 slice 6 18 100
Apple 1 1 25 100

Meal 2
Pork Chops 10 oz 65 0 500
Rice .5 cup 6 25 105

Meal 3
Chicken 10 oz 65 0 500
Sweet Potato 1/2 potato 0 27 114

Meal 4
Lamb 8oz 37 0 640
Rice .5 cup 6 25 105

Meal 5
Salmon 10 oz 50 0 500
Pasta 1 cup 6 50 175
Orange 1 0 11 50

Meal 6
Protein Shake 2 scoops 44 18 360

Total 330 217 3609

abcbodybuilding.com/13weekfatburningworkout.pdf

I would really like any criticism you have to offer regarding the cycle. Is my goal realistic?

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
As for the goal, it sounds like a stretch. But I would need to see a current pic. And will the calories that you listed put you in a deficit to lose body fat?

As for the cycle, I would suggest some changes:

- Drop the anavar. First cycle should only have test in it. You need to learn how your body responds to it.

- 50mg of adex EOD is probably too much for a starting point. I would start at .25mg EOD if I were you. But you have to get blood work to see if that is the right dosage for you.

- You also need to get pre and post cycle blood work.

- It looks like you PR clomid dosage is too high. I will let other guys opine though. I am on TRT, so lucky me doesn't have to worry about PCT. I will say though that you should wait three weeks after your last injection before starting PCT.

- Arimidex needs to be run from Day 1 up until you start PCT.

- hCG is typically used from Day 1 up until a day or two before PCT starts. And inject 250iu twice a week.

- I would drop the clen. Focus on what Test can do for you.

- If you don't listen to me and use Anavar, make sure you use NAC for your liver.

I hear what you're saying about letting my body understand the effects of Test first and see how I react to it. However, I remember when I did the oral only of anavar that I did see significant results. However, I have the var now and really, I don't want to do another cycle after this (I know, that's what they all say).

What is your reasoning for adjusting my dose of HCG from 1000iu to 250iu 2x/wk? Most of the information I have read suggests 1000iu Sub-Q weekly.

What is the negative to taking .5 Adex over .25 Adex? Are they considerable? Are there side effects to consider? (my tabs are triangular - breaking into quarters is a bitch).

I suppose you did raise a good point about the diet being in deficit to lose fat. If I'm trying to add lean mass and burn fat, do I still need to run at a deficit? I don't pack on weight very easily. About 3.5years ago I was 150lbs, so, gaining weight was slow, but steady. Also, if I get off my diet and eat like shit, I still wouldn't gain a whole lot of weight. Other than that, does the diet look clean? Should I add anything?

Thanks in advance.

I hear what you're saying about letting my body understand the effects of Test first and see how I react to it. However, I remember when I did the oral only of anavar that I did see significant results. However, I have the var now and really, I don't want to do another cycle after this (I know, that's what they all say).

What is your reasoning for adjusting my dose of HCG from 1000iu to 250iu 2x/wk? Most of the information I have read suggests 1000iu Sub-Q weekly.

What is the negative to taking .5 Adex over .25 Adex? Are they considerable? Are there side effects to consider? (my tabs are triangular - breaking into quarters is a bitch).

I suppose you did raise a good point about the diet being in deficit to lose fat. If I'm trying to add lean mass and burn fat, do I still need to run at a deficit? I don't pack on weight very easily. About 3.5years ago I was 150lbs, so, gaining weight was slow, but steady. Also, if I get off my diet and eat like shit, I still wouldn't gain a whole lot of weight. Other than that, does the diet look clean? Should I add anything?

Thanks in advance.

Most guys do fine on 250iu of hCG twice a week. Why take more than you need? The other issue is that hCG can cause intratesticular aromatization which is not effectively controlled by AI's. Also note that I have you running the hCG for a longer period of time.

Men need estradiol. If you take too much AI your estradiol will go too low. Side effects are joint pain, being bedridden, fatigue, osteoporosis, ED, low libido, etc. Crashing your estradiol sucks!!! You should start at the lower dosage and adjust it as indicated by blood work. You could pulverize the pills and dose by weight.

I would recommend bulking on your cycle and cutting afterwards with a good diet. Get all you can for gains out of your cycle.

Bulking or Cutting mainly depends on your diet. I suggest finding a good coach such as 3J to help you out.

Back