First Test E 12 wk cycle! Test E/Anavar w/Bloodwork

MelonPunchHD

First post on first cycle, and im about 8 weeks in and so far very mildly impressed by the cycle. Wouldn't say it was anything crazy so far just a lot of strength gains and bit of size mainly in the shoulders and back. I have 6 yrs of training experience and a very well built physique before so im very underwhelmed by the results quite honestly.

Currently using

500mg Test e a week

0.25 arimidex EOD

50mg Anavar per day

My stats:

25y/o
5"8

Before:

-204lbs
-maybe 13% BF? I dont pay atttention to this shit cause i have abs..im fairly lean anyways. Looking in the mirror is better.

After:

- leaner..possibly same bf%

So i feel like my diet is good, it's always been pretty good eating around 3300 calories -300g protein, 379g carb, and 75g fat and possibly around 6-8 hrs of sleep. Lets be real 8hrs a sleep everyday and adulting is not always possible especially in the service, but i feel like the results of the cycle so far have been very underwhelming as far as size but my strength has definitely gone up. Incline benching 185 for 6 reps to 225 for 12 reps so i know something is working and it might very well be just the Anavar? No clue, but the size has been minimal..i guess people notice my muscles look fuller and maybe my shoulders are bit bigger but i think it's to to injecting in both shoulders a week. I am using UGL gear and i have real gear currently from my TRT doc but it wasnt enough for a full cycle so im just finishing off these UGL bottles and saving the pharm stuff for the future or if i decide to c***se.

I have not experienced the insane amount of energy that people claim, in fact i feel normal and actually way more irritable then i already was as a person lol, i get upset over the smallest things as if im on edge, i sleep more and in fact the cycle has made me way more tired and find myself kinda lethargic outside of the gym all day. I have slight bloating in face, and i notice my abs pop forward more from bloating. My nipples are slightly puffy and softer, but it could be water retention...very minimal sensitivity, no tenderness, no hard lump, no pain in anyways and it actually tightens depending on the time of day but in the morning..definitely more puffy then normal. My dick actually has a harder time staying hard during sex, my libido isn't crazy, i dont get random boners, and my orgasms are bit weaker. I pull in some hot chicken strips weekly and it sucks cause i go limp and have to focus on getting hard again and some of the partners were the best iv ever had, but where before i was jizzing to girls who were absolutely dead fish in the bed.

Bloodwork may not be accurate since it was taken at 2pm since my labs were gonna expire and i decided to do it last day like a dummy.

Free test - 678
E2 - 65.46

LH/HF - Balls are shut down...they are low

and my CBC's were all normal? lipids were fine, my blood pressure is always good, in fact its normally low.

Looking for advise...is what im going through normal for first cycle? is 0.25 arimidex thats only bringing me to 65.46 which isnt insanely high but maybe im estro sensitive and slight elevation crashes my results? Bump to 0.25 arimidex? Take my pharma Test C instead for last 4 weeks?

EDIT: i know i just posted pics in a reply just now but ill edit them here as well

before:
View attachment 567105

after:
View attachment 567106

I really think my shoulders are only broader or fuller due to injection sites being only delts...i hate glute injections cause i cant even sleep with the pip. Arms maybe slightly bigger, chest is fuller. Only been experiencing strength gains so far, no real big size difference. Still firm believer its the anavar giving me strength and not test.

Last edited:
First post on first cycle, and im about 8 weeks in and so far very mildly impressed by the cycle. Wouldn't say it was anything crazy so far just a lot of strength gains and bit of size mainly in the shoulders and back. I have 6 yrs of training experience and a very well built physique before so im very underwhelmed by the results quite honestly.

Currently using

500mg Test e a week

0.25 arimidex EOD

50mg Anavar per day

My stats:

25y/o
5"8

Before:

-204lbs
-maybe 13% BF? I dont pay atttention to this shit cause i have abs..im fairly lean anyways. Looking in the mirror is better.

After:

- leaner..possibly same bf%

So i feel like my diet is good, it's always been pretty good eating around 3300 calories -300g protein, 379g carb, and 75g fat and possibly around 6-8 hrs of sleep. Lets be real 8hrs a sleep everyday and adulting is not always possible especially in the service, but i feel like the results of the cycle so far have been very underwhelming as far as size but my strength has definitely gone up. Incline benching 185 for 6 reps to 225 for 12 reps so i know something is working and it might very well be just the Anavar? No clue, but the size has been minimal..i guess people notice my muscles look fuller and maybe my shoulders are bit bigger but i think it's to to injecting in both shoulders a week. I am using UGL gear and i have real gear currently from my TRT doc but it wasnt enough for a full cycle so im just finishing off these UGL bottles and saving the pharm stuff for the future or if i decide to c***se.

I have not experienced the insane amount of energy that people claim, in fact i feel normal and actually way more irritable then i already was as a person lol, i get upset over the smallest things as if im on edge, i sleep more and in fact the cycle has made me way more tired and find myself kinda lethargic outside of the gym all day. I have slight bloating in face, and i notice my abs pop forward more from bloating. My nipples are slightly puffy and softer, but it could be water retention...very minimal sensitivity, no tenderness, no hard lump, no pain in anyways and it actually tightens depending on the time of day but in the morning..definitely more puffy then normal. My dick actually has a harder time staying hard during sex, my libido isn't crazy, i dont get random boners, and my orgasms are bit weaker. I pull in some hot chicken strips weekly and it sucks cause i go limp and have to focus on getting hard again and some of the partners were the best iv ever had, but where before i was jizzing to girls who were absolutely dead fish in the bed.

Bloodwork may not be accurate since it was taken at 2pm since my labs were gonna expire and i decided to do it last day like a dummy.

Free test - 678
E2 - 65.46

LH/HF - Balls are shut down...they are low, nuff said.

and my CBC's were all normal? lipids were fine, my blood pressure is always good, in fact its normally low.

Looking for advise...is what im going through normal for first cycle? is 0.25 arimidex thats only bringing me to 65.46 which isnt insanely high but maybe im estro sensitive and slight elevation crashes my results? Bump to 0.25 arimidex? Take my pharma Test C instead for last 4 weeks?
you have no hcg in this cycle, thats why your balls are shut down and getting down to the size of a pea. can you share you LH, FSH, E2 labs results?

Ok I will address some of your concerns. First welcome the the board I see you have posted a few times. :wavey:

As far as gains at 7 weeks your body hasn't enough time to build new and more muscle. Please do not be concerned at 3wehhere you are at. I will tell you are doing good to stay lean. Any more weight in 7-8 weeks will be just water. All these stories or even what you may have seen in these guys gaining 20 plus pounds are full of water.

Think that even though they might be eating well and training still , why did they ,loose 10- 12 pounds. All that happened was shedding of water glycogen and other waist in the muscles. A man can only gain a max of 15-20 lbs a year. I won't go into detail now. But what I said is apparent if you watch competitive BB'er from show to show a year later.

As far as libido we are all different and you may find going through peaks and valleys. Try to get back with what Milton asked you?

That's my 2 cents here, Good Luck

OMM

well that's the thing, is my balls have very little shrinkage, they are just more tight. The clinic called me and told me my LH and FH were low, they gave me my free test and estradiol which was provided in my original post. E2 was 65.45..i don't have the values for LH and FH but i figure if they are low it just means my balls are not getting a signal from a gland to not produce testosterone cause im using synthetic test lol, so not sure why that would be important. also i heard HCG is optional for first cycle? I mean i still got my ex pregnant so im not worried about not having children (not even joking)

View attachment 567103 this is like first week of cycle

View attachment 567104 8 weeks in..

So maybe i look fuller? im not much heavier on the scale, my strength definitely shot through the roof. Squatting 405 for 3 from 315 for 4. Flat bench from 225 for 5-6 reps to 275 for 5 reps, incline bench from 185 for 6 reps to 225 for 12 reps, and my back not much stronger on barbbell rows (maybe 225 for 10) but i always been doing that.

Last edited:
Hey bud you are looking good. Your gear seems to be working... You look good and hard, from what I can tell from the pic.

But I still do not know what you expect for muscle growth in 7-8 weeks. Remember it's good to stay lean and if you are training and eating as you say, your body is in a growth cycle. Remember to put on 1" on your arms of LMM it takes about a year. I am talking about dry lean muscle.

Listen in all my years and many, many cycles my balls , and some other dudes I know .... their balls shrunk very little. Mine not very much at all. Your strength went up and I think you are on a good lean path, stay your course.

Last edited:
Ok......you Look great!!! You've gained a pound of LEAN MUSCLE a week and you're "underwhelmed"?!?!?!? The AI looks hi to me unless bloodwork supports it (sexual problems). If estrogen is controlled and testosterone is high = high sex drive..........thats just what happens. So in my humble opinion estrogen is either low or high so you need bloods to adjust AI. You're strength is HIGH and your shoulders and back are GROWING.........this is text book cycling. I want your results!!!!
Sorry.....had a couple shots tonight and your post is leaving me wondering how you could be disappointed.
Get some blood work and post it up. There are some GREAT guys on here that can detail to you what needs to be done......some have already commented.
Please update as you go along. I'm very interested and excited about where you may end up. Congrats on what sounds like a solid gains keeping cycle.

Hey bud you are looking good. Your gear seems to be working... You look good and hard, from what I can tell from the pic.

But I still do not know what you expect for muscle growth in 7-8 weeks. Remember it's good to stay lean and if you are training and eating as you say, your body is in a growth cycle. Remember to put on 1" on your arms of LMM it takes about a year. I am talking about dry lean muscle.

Listen in all my years and many, many cycles my balls , and some other dudes I know .... their balls shrunk very little. Mine not very much at all. Your strength went up and I think you are on a good lean path, stay your course.

Well i guess thats good if the small weight gain and and strength gain shows the gear is working, but should i up my arimidex from 0.25mg to 0.5 to get the 65.46 E2 down a bit?

Ok......you Look great!!! You've gained a pound of LEAN MUSCLE a week and you're "underwhelmed"?!?!?!? The AI looks hi to me unless bloodwork supports it (sexual problems). If estrogen is controlled and testosterone is high = high sex drive..........thats just what happens. So in my humble opinion estrogen is either low or high so you need bloods to adjust AI. You're strength is HIGH and your shoulders and back are GROWING.........this is text book cycling. I want your results!!!!
Sorry.....had a couple shots tonight and your post is leaving me wondering how you could be disappointed.
Get some blood work and post it up. There are some GREAT guys on here that can detail to you what needs to be done......some have already commented.
Please update as you go along. I'm very interested and excited about where you may end up. Congrats on what sounds like a solid gains keeping cycle.

Appreciate it, rly makes me happy to hear this, maybe my expectations are little too high because of what i read sometimes but i do have values for some of my labs, but i will def get official lab papers this coming Tuesday to post, and ill be posting couple more updated pics at the end of the cycle, and update progress ETC. The strength so far has been my favorite part.

OK, no brown nose :brownnose but what a good post ^^ , OP my friend here ^^ has told you what up to a "T". Everything he said , I'm not that good with the words.

Good Luck stick with us, OMM

So i thought id post an update cause i know i went MIA for a bit and i think it would be good for me to give an update to help others out so they know what to expect using AAS the first time and kinda see the results from other people.

These pictures are 2 weeks after my PCT...i started at 200-202 lbs, shot up to 213 near the end of my cycle. The first 2 wks, i noticed water weight shedding very rapidly and my face began to look thinner but more masculine due to muscle growth from the test? I went down to about 206lbs and today i weight around the same. I could say i did gain some lean muscle and basically i grew without putting on any fat? Its almost like i was burning weight while adding weight, i kept 70% of my strength gains, started with benching 225 for 6, and deadlifting 405 for 5, to going on cycle and benching 315 for 2, deadlifting 495 for 2. I am currently benching 275 for 6 still, and deadlifting pretty much the same, and squatting a lot more since finishing PCT.

Here are the pics...sorry if there bad i just don't take much pictures of my progress since I'm just not crazy about keeping track like that.

View attachment 567235 View attachment 567236 View attachment 567237

but now here is the thing that I want to add and ask anyone who's experienced. I did my 4 wk PCT, and I have been resting for about 2 wks making sure my joint go back to not aching as much. but Monday i pinned my TRT dose of 125mg of test and the reason why. Before i cycled my test was 270ng/dl...THAT WAS MY NORMAL and maybe sometimes it would go a little bit higher...i was already suspect of secondary hypogonadism. But i was still able to put on muscle like a person with great genetics...My labs done after PCT everything was normal, my testosterone was back to 280ish range but my mood was shot..super tired, and low energy every day. Now I'm still in a debate on if should cancel my TRT dose and just cut off everything for couple months till next cycle or if i should actually c***se TRT and blast.

but now here is the thing that I want to add and ask anyone who's experienced. I did my 4 wk PCT, and I have been resting for about 2 wks making sure my joint go back to not aching as much. but Monday i pinned my TRT dose of 125mg of test and the reason why. Before i cycled my test was 270ng/dl...THAT WAS MY NORMAL and maybe sometimes it would go a little bit higher...i was already suspect of secondary hypogonadism. But i was still able to put on muscle like a person with great genetics...My labs done after PCT everything was normal, my testosterone was back to 280ish range but my mood was shot..super tired, and low energy every day. Now I'm still in a debate on if should cancel my TRT dose and just cut off everything for couple months till next cycle or if i should actually c***se TRT and blast.

If TRT is in your future I would continue to blast and c***se. If not then cycle on/off.

So if I decided to go the cycling route, do i need to restart my PCT? Because of the 125mg TRT dose i took. I have only taken 1 shot so far and I'm only 25 even thought my test is very low norm but iv never had an issue being big or building, but i see my endo this coming Monday and if i rly am low test cause something aint right then fuck it..ill blast and c***se. I do want kids in the future though.

what was your diet like on this cycle?

I mainly just ate white rice, chicken, and brocolli. 4-5 meals a day

Meal 1 -
120g oatmeal
4 large eggs
1 large bannana

Meal 2 -
8-10oz chicken
135g white rice
handful of brocolli
.5TBSP Olive oil

Meal 3 preworkout -
Same as meal 2

Meal 4 Post workout -
1-2 scoops protein gold whey
100g oatmeal
1 large banana
1 TBSP. Honey
1 cup almond milk

Meal 5 -
same as meal 2-3

3500-3650 calories a day
-240g protein
-496g carbs
-73g fat

typically what every day was like on cycle and maybe some cheat meals and alcohol on the weekends sometimes.

what was your diet like on this cycle?

I mainly just ate white rice, chicken, and brocolli. 4-5 meals a day

Meal 1 -
120g oatmeal
4 large eggs
1 large bannana

Meal 2 -
8-10oz chicken
135g white rice
handful of brocolli
.5TBSP Olive oil

Meal 3 preworkout -
Same as meal 2

Meal 4 Post workout -
1-2 scoops protein gold whey
100g oatmeal
1 large banana
1 TBSP. Honey
1 cup almond milk

Meal 5 -
same as meal 2-3

3500-3650 calories a day
-240g protein
-496g carbs
-73g fat

typically what every day was like on cycle and maybe some cheat meals and alcohol on the weekends sometimes.

sorry above post was off my phone..

your diet certainly shows in your muscle definition, and your back looks as shredded as a julian salad, well done!

Back