First time cycle! Need advice

Younggun420

So my buddies have convinced me to do a first timer for the summer and this is what he has set up for me.

test 400 weeks 1-10
anavar weeks 5-10

And Nolva and clomid for "PCT"

What do you guys think, I want minimal "Brain side effects" As I'm in college ATM.

personally

id run the test at 500mg for 12 weeks

what is your anavar dosage

run a low dose Aromatase inhibitor (AI) on cycle just to control estrogen (adex or aromasin)

what is your pct dosage for clomid and nolva?

I agree with Nightmare and sadpanda. You should be reading all the stickys first but a good first cycle is test at 500 mg a week. I am going to give you some credit and thanks for at least using some sort of test and not an anavar only cycle.

Read the stickies and you will see that you should always do Testosterone only for your first cycle. Run a long ester testosterone for 12 weeks. You realize that T-400 you have is painful as hell for most guys after each inject. There is no need to run 2 compounds and with a long ester test, you are running it short at 10 weeks. You also need an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) during this cycle and I would also run some Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) during this cycle as well. Run the Aromatase inhibitor (AI) like Arimidex at .25mg EOD and the Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) at 250ius twice per week during the cycle. Nightmare is right, read the stickies to get all this information and search around the forum. You really want to educate yourself before touching steroids. What are your stats by the way??

I'm about a year and a half in training reached my goal of 190 lbs and started my cut. My body fat is a bit high (around 16-17%) so that is why the cutting steroid is in there my goal is to lean out quite a bit, I'm pretty happy with my size but if I got bigger I wouldn't complain .

Sorry for the noobish post I honestly know nothing about steroids that is why I'm here to make sure my first go is successful and safe.

I didbt ubderstand the last post about dosages , please dumb it down a bit for me to understand haha thanks

And I'm not sure the difference between ester test and test 400 , I still haven't made my purchase and won't be going on until June 1st so there is plenty of time to straighten me out

Last edited:
Consensus is for a first cycle it should followed as such:

Weeks 1-12- Test E / 500mg per week, 2 dosages, split 3.5 days apart.
AI = Arimidex at .25mg every other day.

2.5 weeks later after last shot you start pct.

Clomid dosed at 50mg e/d for 4 weeks straight and Nolva dosed at 40mg for 2 weeks then 20mg for the rest of the 2 weeks.

That basically sums up your first cycle. Important part is to make sure nutrition is in check and your eating below maintenance. Cardio will definitly help you lean out, the test will make sure ur holding onto as much muscle as possible during this cut so you don't lose it. I took this right from Nightmares sticky at the top which definitly helped me organize my first cycle. Keep looking and searching and with time you will pick things up, doing it the right way !

Consensus is for a first cycle it should followed as such:

Weeks 1-12- Test E / 500mg per week, 2 dosages, split 3.5 days apart.
AI = Arimidex at .25mg every other day.

2.5 weeks later after last shot you start pct.

Clomid dosed at 50mg e/d for 4 weeks straight and Nolva dosed at 40mg for 2 weeks then 20mg for the rest of the 2 weeks.

That basically sums up your first cycle. Important part is to make sure nutrition is in check and your eating below maintenance. Cardio will definitly help you lean out, the test will make sure ur holding onto as much muscle as possible during this cut so you don't lose it. I took this right from Nightmares sticky at the top which definitly helped me organize my first cycle. Keep looking and searching and with time you will pick things up, doing it the right way !

Would I add anavar to that?? When and how long would I take anavar

So my buddies have convinced me to do a first timer for the summer and this is what he has set up for me.

test 400 weeks 1-10
anavar weeks 5-10

And Nolva and clomid for "PCT"

What do you guys think, I want minimal "Brain side effects" As I'm in college ATM.

I would run the test at 500mgs/week personally. That is a great starting dose and will show some decent results. Personally as well, if you arent getting around 80-100mgs of anavar a day I wouldnt mess with it and go with something much cheaper like dbol at 50mgs a day. Dbol works amazing for adding size and strength.
I always use aromasin at 25mgs/EOD(Every Other Day) and continue that until 2 weeks after my last shot.
For PCT I never use Nolva. I usally start with Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) two weeks before my last shot and run it until I start my PCT but you really have no need for that with this cycle. I would leave the Nolva alone and Start clomid at 100mgs a day for the first 2 weeks of PCT and taper down to 50mgs a day for your last two weeks. That should be more than sufficient to get you jumpstarted off of a cycle like this. If you do have the access to Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) then 2 weeks before you last shot start with 500iu per day for the first two weeks then drop it off to 500iu EOD for the last two weeks leading into your post cycle therapy (pct). This will completely jumpstart your balls into working condition!
Hope I was of some use.

Rob

I would run the test at 500mgs/week personally. That is a great starting dose and will show some decent results. Personally as well, if you arent getting around 80-100mgs of anavar a day I wouldnt mess with it and go with something much cheaper like dbol at 50mgs a day. Dbol works amazing for adding size and strength.
I always use aromasin at 25mgs/EOD(Every Other Day) and continue that until 2 weeks after my last shot.
For PCT I never use Nolva. I usally start with Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) two weeks before my last shot and run it until I start my PCT but you really have no need for that with this cycle. I would leave the Nolva alone and Start clomid at 100mgs a day for the first 2 weeks of PCT and taper down to 50mgs a day for your last two weeks. That should be more than sufficient to get you jumpstarted off of a cycle like this. If you do have the access to Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) then 2 weeks before you last shot start with 500iu per day for the first two weeks then drop it off to 500iu EOD for the last two weeks leading into your post cycle therapy (pct). This will completely jumpstart your balls into working condition!
Hope I was of some use.

Rob

No access to Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG), But what is it anyway? i read alot of places that 60MG a day of anovar is good, Why do you reccomend 100? seems like alot

Im going to go with the doses "JAS91" posted but add anovar prolly 40-60 a day depending what someone jumps in and says

Last edited:
No access to Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG), But what is it anyway? i read alot of places that 60MG a day of anovar is good, Why do you reccomend 100? seems like alot

Im going to go with the doses "JAS91" posted but add anovar prolly 40-60 a day depending what someone jumps in and says

100mgs of anavar is a nice dose and really a good place to be but most people cant afford to dose that high so they go with lower doses like 40-60. It isnt liver toxic compared to some oral AAS and your body can easily handle and use that dosage. There are no androgenic side effects from Anavar (var), its purely an anabolic that is why women can take it. So why would you not want a larger dose of something that puts you in the state that we all strive to be with. I am a noob on this forum but a solid rep on a lot of others. Just trying to help you out and make your experience more beneficial to you.

It just seems like the most expensive, For my first time i don't want to go all out. What weeks would you reccomend anovar for me 6-12??

It just seems like the most expensive, For my first time i don't want to go all out. What weeks would you reccomend anovar for me 6-12??
I would go weeks 1-8 if you have the means to make that happen. Have you looked at dbol? Way cheaper and gives IMO the best results mg for mg. Dbol will give you great size and strength. A badass idea since dbol is so cheap would be to run dbol weeks 1-5@50mgs/day and run var weeks6-12 at the dose you have already mentioned. Dbol again wil give you great gains for the first run then the var will harden you up and give you a nice dry look if you are using the right aromatase inhibitor.

I would go weeks 1-8 if you have the means to make that happen. Have you looked at dbol? Way cheaper and gives IMO the best results mg for mg. Dbol will give you great size and strength. A badass idea since dbol is so cheap would be to run dbol weeks 1-5@50mgs/day and run var weeks6-12 at the dose you have already mentioned. Dbol again wil give you great gains for the first run then the var will harden you up and give you a nice dry look if you are using the right aromatase inhibitor.

I'm going to stick with anovar its what I can get , I'm prolly going to go with 50mg weeks 6-12

I'm going to stick with anovar its what I can get , I'm prolly going to go with 50mg weeks 6-12

No worries it was just an idea. Var on the back half of your cycle should give you a nice hardening effect and it is a good idea. In the future you can always try what I reccommended. Lots of people like to run orals in that fashion and transitioning from dbol to anavar will give you a really nice cycle on top of test. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me, I am always glad to help with whatever I can. That is what I am here to do!!
Rob

Thank god.

LOL I wouldnt give advice to somone who does oral only cycles lol. I know old timers used to cruise with a low dose of dbol but always jumped on a cycle with test included. Test is the foundation of all AAS use in my opinion.

Back