Flax Seed Oil... with lignans???

Chicago Made

Just got some Flax Seed Oil for my morning shakes and realized it has "WITH LIGNANS" on the bottle.

What are Lignans? And, are they good or bad? I looked them up and read something about estrogen and I'm a week away from starting my PCT. WOuld this be a bad thing, these Lignans?

Good luck flax oil, it taste like garbage, I was using olive oil until recently but switched to flax and I'm gagging on the stuff....I heard studies about flax containing estrogen but I havent found anymore material...I'm interested to know this also.

That's what has me worried because I'm starting my post cycle therapy (pct) in 1 week and don't wnt to counteract that.

I'm hoping someone with more knowledge than myself can clear this up for me.

B.B

Wow, I thought surely someone on the board would know something.

I searched it and not much came up, so I guess I'm kind of at a loss.

Lignin is a fiber which assists the effects of flax in lowering cholesterol. It will not kill you or give you bitch tits.

Ah, that's what I was looking for. Thanks aProtege.

Really quick: Why does everything I read on lignans mention them being something of an estrogen-esque compound?

Thanks again!

Brian

Phytoestrogen - A plant substance with activity similar to human estrogen.

Lignans - The type of phytoestrogen found in cereals, fruits, vegetables, and flaxseed. A weak form of estrogen, lignans act as an antiestrogen in the body by competing for estrogen receptor sites.

Back