For Those Interested In Running Workouts.

SupaDupa

GOD BLESS!
I learned all I know from a great coach that worked with the most winning & most famout running coach of all time New Zealands Arthur Lydiard. I even worked with & met Lydiard himself.

if you're just wanting to "cut" up some, or just to have a cardio to work in with your weightlifting or you interested in building you're stamina, I have a ton of workouts from the "Lydiard Method".

Just explain your situation & I can definitely give you an effective workout to take. I know all sorts Hill Training for strength & Distant Running for stamina.

So just get at me guys, just looking to help out fellas!

SupaDupa said:
I learned all I know from a great coach that worked with the most winning & most famout running coach of all time New Zealands Arthur Lydiard. I even worked with & met Lydiard himself.

if you're just wanting to "cut" up some, or just to have a cardio to work in with your weightlifting or you interested in building you're stamina, I have a ton of workouts from the "Lydiard Method".

Just explain your situation & I can definitely give you an effective workout to take. I know all sorts Hill Training for strength & Distant Running for stamina.

So just get at me guys, just looking to help out fellas!

I'll stick with HIIT. This doens't seem to be up my alley but an interesting read.

im always wanting to build my stamina, but i dont like to do cardio because i seem to burn muscle as much as fat. im realizing i better start exercising my ticker more regardless. whatcha think? yes i know about HIT.

well, here's a reallllllly good hill workout. it increases your speed, it builds up your stamina, it builds muscle, when i did this workout 3 days a week for a month getting ready for track it cut me up even more.

Hill Workout:
1. Find a long hill that increases somewhat more slowly. I've found most likely a hill that is also a sub-division with houses on it are easiest to find. Grassy hills are just as good.
2. The motion you are going for is a high knee only coming off of your tip-toes, you won't be running up the hill.
3. The motion is very slow, it's about the speed that you'd be walking up the hill. Most people make the mistake of going to fast, so when you catch yourself going too fast slow yourself down.
4. I've heard different things about what to do with your arms, but it's best that you keep your arms at your waist straight down, not moving them at all.
5. When you reach the top of the hill and there's a flat part (if your fortunate to have a hill like that) jog around the flat for a minute or two slowly to rest.
6. Jog back down the hill.
7. If possible, when you reach the bottom of the hill run about 100-150m beyond the hill in a slow jog & then on the 100-150m back accelerate.
8. Take a short rest, and repeat. (once you've did it long enough you may not need to rest, but i'd definitely suggest a begginer to take a short break)

Just do as many as you can, it all depends on your hill & of course some of these steps you may be incapable of doing. You just have to adjust to the hill, I also have another motion besides the high knee motion but i'm not sure how to explain it..i'll need some pictures.

here's another good workout that many of you all would enjoy.

Fartlek:
the fartlek is Swedish for speed play. running various speeds over forest trails, parks, & country at will. It is invaluable througout training because of the enviromental effects, which allow for sunconcious control of efforts. A fartlek incorporate aerobic & anaerobic running. Stride out here, sprint here, jog somewhere else, spring up a hill & so on.

Basically what you're going to want to do is begin your jog at a normal pace and incorporate however many 100m or so acceleration sprints in the run. You'll slow back down to pace after every accelerated sprint, and try to decide how many of them you will do beforehand. Also, don't be timid to take on hills and whatever else while doing this workout.

Those are two great workouts for some of you all to just give a shot.

what about inside linebackers???

tackle some street signs.

jp, work on footspeed and agility cause you don't have to run 40yd/play so there is no need for you to run up a hill

what about some sprint and 100m training patterns? Im not looking as much more long distance stamina as I am speed. I want both though as well.

Back