ForeverBulkin's Guide to Perfect Skin [Better Than Accutane]

ForeverBulkin

One of the main side effects of gear usage is an increase in the amount of oil(Sebum), that your sebaceous glands produce. Sebaceous glands are located everywhere on your body except the hands and feet. This increase of Sebum is what causes acne breakouts. With this being said; it is important to note that the ONLY way to get rid of gear induced acne, is to get rid of the root issue of this problem which is an increased sebum production. Most people immediately think of accutane.

Accutane:
-Reduces the amount of oil(sebum) released by oil glands in your skin, and helps your skin renew itself more quickly. Ask anyone who has been on Accutane and they will attest to the severity of how dry your skin gets. Not only does this severely dry out your skin, but it dries out your lips as well as your joints. Lifting on Accutane is impossible for someone who gets joint pain, which defeats the whole purpose of using gear in the first place. There are a bunch of other possible side effects from Accutane which I wont go into; but the main point is that Accutane does work, but the side effects from it aren't worth it. If only there was a way to get the positive effects from Accutane without the negatives.......hmmmmm.

ForeverBulkin's Guide to Perfect Skin

Diet
Certain types of foods can act as triggers when it comes to acne. In my experimentation, I have narrowed it down to 4 foods to avoid. If you get acne, I suggest stop eating these foods until you get clear skin. Then slowly introduce each food 1 week at a time. This way you will be able to narrow it down to the type of food that is causing your acne.

Dairy
Chocolate
Peanutbutter (nuts,walnuts,etc)
Tomatoes

If a recipe contains a small amount of one of these foods, it should be fine. But if contains a large quantity of the food like tomatoes for lasagna, then stay away.

Washing
-Shower twice a day. Days you lift: After workout and before you go to sleep. Days you dont lift: Morning when you awake and before you go to sleep.
-When you shower, you are to use Dawn Dishwashing liquid as your soap. Not only does is this extremely effective in killing bacteria but it also dries out your skin(which is what you want)
-When you dry yourself off with a towel, be sure to pat yourself dry.

Tanning
-Tanning will help in drying out your skin, as well as getting rid of acne scars/blemishes.

Vitamins
-Zinc 50mg/day
-Vitamin D 2,000IU/day

You must stay consistent with this; drying out your skin will cause you sebaceous glands to produce even more sebum, which is why you must keep with tanning and showering with Dawn Dishwashing Liquid to combat this. If you happen to stop with this regimen, your skin will be an oil field for the remainder of your cycle.

Last edited:
Firstly, are you the same guy as "4everbulking" who used to mod here? If so, welcome back.

A few points about this write up:

Aa effective as this may be, its never going to be better or even equal to accutane - especially when it comes to keeping acne away long term.
Tanning does NOT get rid of acne scars/blemishes, it simply hides them temporarily. I'm afraid if you have real acne scars, the only solution is cosmetic surgery and even then their is no guarantee of removing them completely.
Vitamin D supplementation does nothing worth talking about for acne - everyone should still supplement with it for their health but in relation to acne it is pointless.

The biggest problem with this routine is something you highlighted in your summary - if you stop doing it your sebum production will increase, making the acne worse than before.
This is why its not as effective as accutane, the only other solution equal to tane would be the use of an androgen antagonist - but this defeats the purpose of cycling to begin with so I wouldnt recommend it.

Good effort anyway man :)

Last edited:
Firstly, are you the same guy as "4everbulking" who used to mod here? If so, welcome back.
No, but that was the first name I tried but it said it was already taken

A few points about this write up:

Aa effective as this may be, its never going to be better or even equal to accutane - especially when it comes to keeping acne away long term.
I have to disagree, accutane does not get rid of acne longterm once ypur finished with your accutane cycle. I went through accutane in HS, and even after I would get cycstic acne once and a while.taking accutane in the past isnt going to prevent acne breakouts on cycle
Tanning does NOT get rid of acne scars/blemishes, it simply hides them temporarily. I'm afraid if you have real acne scars, the only solution is cosmetic surgery and even then their is no guarantee of removing them completely.
It must depend on severity on the blemishes/scars cause all of mine are completely gone/hidden
Vitamin D supplementation does nothing worth talking about for acne - everyone should still supplement with it for their health but in relation to acne it is pointless.

The biggest problem with this routine is something you highlighted in your summary - if you stop doing it your sebum production will increase, making the acne worse than before.
You just have to keep it up during cycle and pct
This is why its not as effective as accutane, the only other solution equal to tane would be the use of an androgen antagonist - but this defeats the purpose of cycling to begin with so I wouldnt recommend it.

Good effort anyway man :)

Lastly, u cant take accutane for the rest of your life. Once your done with your prescription from the dermatologist u dont get anymore. Then your screwed when you back on cycle cause it will come back

All of your points are based on your personal experience and do NOT apply to most people.

The studies show that accutane is the BEST solution currently available to clearing acne long term, your statement that it isnt is based inly on your own situation that cannot be transferred onto others. Basically, your wrong about it not clearing acne permanently.

Your last statement about finishing accutane & the acne definetly coming back is based on what? Let me guess your own personal opinion again.
Studies show that accutane PERMANENTLY alters sebum production - that means, in the majority of cases, it does conpletely clear or drastically reduce acne for the long term.

I have no problem with you providing alternative solutions to acne but do not attempt to say its equal in its efficacy to accutane because it isnt even close.
Their is a reason accutane is a high risk high reward medication and, honestly, your routine wont solve the long term problen of extra sebum production from the constant attempts to dry your skin - the complete opposite to accutane :)

Back