founding Sterile Syringe Filter

A-boy

i am having hard time finding Sterile Syringe Filter .22 all i found is by the bulk
any good website

No need for .22 unless you want some sore thumbs. All you need is .45.

ebay has the whatman .45 sterile pvdf filters. good luck..

better go with .2 for sterile reasons. As far as a place to purchase dont be lazy and just look up at the top of the forum for a sponsor with the bright red lion for individual sales of these filters

All you need is a whatman sterile filter. As for the size, if you have the time and patience knock yourself out with the .2. Simple rule of thumb: Water base - .2, oil base-.45. Don't be cheap pay a little more for the sterile filters.

And don't worry about trying to buy "sterile" filters. The solution is sterile once it passes thru the filters membrane. So don't waste the extra money thinking you need to buy sterile.

And oil thru .22 is difficult. After the first 20-30ml you will be killing your hand trying to get 5ml thru it.

.45 is perfectly fine and perfectly sterile but that's why you just use bottle tops or zap caps, very easy and fast thru a .22.

I would only pre filter if your getting your oil from costco.

I buy 8L at a time from costco, and run it through a .45 filter and place it back in the bottle. 8 bucks for 8L is a dam good deal, even if you pay a few bucks for a filter, its still way cheaper than filtered Carrier oils.

I have found cottonseed and GSO in my local area. The cotton is a bit odd though, can only get it in a 5 galon pail.

If you buy filtered carrier oils you dont have to pre filter

All you need is a whatman sterile filter. As for the size, if you have the time and patience knock yourself out with the .2. Simple rule of thumb: Water base - .2, oil base-.45. Don't be cheap pay a little more for the sterile filters.

who the hell would buy a unsterile filter? man common! lol.

I rec 0.2 pore
its MORE sterile , yes its harder to puch so what, I rather be safter and have more finley filtered gear with sore thumbs.

I rec 0.2 pore
its MORE sterile , yes its harder to puch so what, I rather be safter and have more finley filtered gear with sore thumbs.
You'll be surprise on how many people buy the non sterile filters just to save a few pennies..

Would you buy your gear from an ugl that uses non sterile filters or sterile filters? If you are making a "product" for IM use you would have to be the biggest fool not to use a sterile filter. It's common sense, but hey it's your body do what makes you happy..

Last edited:

I rec 0.2 pore

^If your going to do something go all out. Well not really just make sure you dont take shortcuts. I boought 3 sterile filters in .2 micron . just because he had them on sale :yesway:

Just a question guys. Say I filter some carrier oil first then some test, is this ok ? Or do I have yo use a new filter every time ?

^If your going to do something go all out. Well not really just make sure you dont take shortcuts. I boought 3 sterile filters in .2 micron . just because he had them on sale :yesway:

Just a question guys. Say I filter some carrier oil first then some test, is this ok ? Or do I have yo use a new filter every time ?

I hope you relize after 10-40ml ofoil (depending on how much gear powder is in ther etc.) it will stop working.
so if its workign and has not been tainted at the most important part (the other end) id say its fine.

most mix the oil with the gear and other solvents heat it and then filter it all.
it might be what you want to do. becase its goign to go throughthe pors anyway, do what ever you think is easyer, but BE CARFUL.
when the oil some how starts comming out of the top of the filter then sadly its time to change it.

You'll be surprise on how many people buy the non sterile filters just to save a few pennies..

Would you buy your gear from an ugl that uses non sterile filters or sterile filters? If you are making a "product" for IM use you would have to be the biggest fool not to use a sterile filter. It's common sense, but hey it's your body do what makes you happy..

sounds soo crazy to me that i though there was somthign wrong with you for saying it! lol
but then again I was trying to explain to a guy ON HERE why he SHOULD NOT BE CLEANING IS NEEDLES WITH BLEACH AND REUSING THEM!!!
NO SHIT!
the bleach is more likly to kill you then the bacteria butboth are an issue i mean common do you se MD's cleaning there tools with bleach? it kill the bacteria because it would kill you too! lol
i have to find the thread now lol

Lol. You do not need to purchase a "sterile filter". You are paying for the package it comes in. The filter sterilizes the finished oil, paying for a so called sterile filter makes no sense. Think about what you guys are saying here.

And no need to buy sterile oils, or prefilter any non sterile oils. Buy them from a local store and make your oil solution, once you filter, then it becomes sterile.

If you buy non sterile, and pre filter it back into the bottle it came in, it's no longer sterile. You are wasting your time and money. That bottle was never sterile, and would have to be sterilized first.

Lol. You do not need to purchase a "sterile filter". You are paying for the package it comes in. The filter sterilizes the finished oil, paying for a so called sterile filter makes no sense. Think about what you guys are saying here.

And no need to buy sterile oils, or prefilter any non sterile oils. Buy them from a local store and make your oil solution, once you filter, then it becomes sterile.

If you buy non sterile, and pre filter it back into the bottle it came in, it's no longer sterile. You are wasting your time and money. That bottle was never sterile, and would have to be sterilized first.
If you are making a product for IM use why would you even take a chance of using a regular filter? Hey it's your body do what makes you happy. I really hope you are not in the UG biz.

Back