Gear for speed and endurance?

speedlight

Do not want to gain any substantial size. Would like to get faster with speed and to go longer with endurance. For running sprints or any type of endurance event. Any thoughts?

I thought sprints were a test of speed, not endurance.

What is your limiting factor when it comes to endurance: your heart(rate) or your legs?

speedlight said:
Do not want to gain any substantial size. Would like to get faster with speed and to go longer with endurance. For running sprints or any type of endurance event. Any thoughts?

I like Winstrol (winny), although it may be tough on joints. I never had any problems while using it, but some have

I do Ironman tri's and train anywhere from 15-20hrs per week doing cardio and would like something to recover better and maybe get a little speed/stregnth out of it. I just don't want to put any real muscle weight on. I'm 5'10 175lb.

Where are my manners? Welcome to the forum!

My hat off to you for even being able to finish an Ironman tri.

Ask the guy that gets first place what he uses. If he doesn't use gear, then it would be like cheating for you to use gear.

175 lb isn't all that small for a swimmer/running/biker. Do you have low bf% ? If so, then you obviously have some muscle on you. Nothing like some of the guys around here, but you know what I mean...

The closest I've come to an Ironman is wearing the watch. I have no experience with it, but I have a rock-climber buddy that takes halo since he wants to be stronger but doesn't want to gain any size.

A low dose of test will work. With all the cardio you're doing I don't think water retention will be an issue. You might gain 5 lbs but it will be more than offset by the additional strength. I wouldn't recommend EPO unless you're looking at a top 100 time....too risky.

Test might slow him down a little. Winstrol (winny) works well. EQ is great for endurance. Anavar and EQ would be a good cycle for strength and endurance in my opinion. Throw in some Winstrol (winny) for explosiveness and bf loss, you got yourself a mean runner.

go with Winstrol (winny) or var.... this is one of those circumstances where I don't think test is the best choice... but even so.... 200mgs a week wouldn't hurt. Watch your joints if you go with winny... also.. make sure you stretch even more so then you already do... when you are on gear your muscles can lose flexability and cause injury if you are not COMPLETLY streatched out... trust me I know this one from experiance.... I fucked up an Arena league tryout my not being streached completely... tore my hammy runnin a 40.... It sucked and took like 4-5 months to where I could open up and sprint full go agian.

I will have to say that EQ seemed to help me recover faster between sets, where my reps would not drop as much, take that FWIW.

my experience: Winstrol (winny) helps for sprints but not for distance. eq can help for distance if the calf pumps do not get you. i found that if i ate right and kept the water off that i did not have the calf pump probs, but as soon as i slacked on my diet and increased sodium intake the calf pumps made it next to impossible to do distance.m2c

I wouldn't recommend tren. it makes me so lethargic I can't make it through more than 45 minutes of cardio before I'm exhausted, and usually I have no problem doing twice that without suffering from anything more than boredom.

You could drop some serious bodyweight before a race with tren though.

tren and cardio don't go together for me. problem with pumps and respiratory issues. i got winded walking up stairs.

John Mcenroe was a really great tennis player, who didn't carry much size, he admited about a year ago that he used deca almost his enitre career. He said recovery from the training was his concern.

Back