Getting Shredded--success stories

Intraining

I've been cutting for about 3 weeks and I figure I have about 4 weeks to go. I've got a four pack going and I'm working to get the other two out of hiding. I'm curious if anyone has success stories to share about how they really got shredded for the first time and how they did it?

my GF broke up with me..I didnt eat anything for 4 days, and was constantly throwing up..I didnt feel very healthy, but man was I ripped!

I found the best thing that works for me is to work in steps.I start out on a high protein /low fat/moderate carbs for the first 4 weeks.then I drop carbs in about half,and drop daily calories by about 200 for the next 4 weeks.And the final 4 weeks I drop carbs completley and increase fat intake(keto),and drop another 200 calories per day.
Also,don't do cardio until you need it,you should drop fat easily at the beginning without it,so save it towards the end when you will really need it,when the fatloss starts getting stubborn.This 12 week program will have you shredded because it never lets your body adapt to the diet because it is alway's changing!

2g pro/lb of LBM
0.25g fat/lb of LBM
0.5g of carb/lb of LBM

*note that "per lb of LBM" is NOT the same as "per lb"
...eg if you are 200lb 12%, you have 176lb of LBM.

...carbs should all be reg oatmeal, baked/boiled potatoes, low GI rice (I use wild), or veg... and you have to count trace carbs in any food.

No steroids required... but no cheat/"carb-up days! Be a man, know your goal, and stick to it. Keep lifting, and do cardio when you can. Low dose ECA helps also to increase cal burn and to maintain w/o intensity. If you do not have a badass six pack after 8 or less wks, you either were over 15% in the first place, or you cheated.

If anyone wants, PM me with your email addy and I can send more info and sample meal plans.

Best thing for me has been carb cycling. 3 days of 100 grams and one day of 500. It really kicks ass and tricks your body not to go on starvation mode. On the 4th-5th day you are looking mighty huge from the loading day!

Musclemar said:
Best thing for me has been carb cycling. 3 days of 100 grams and one day of 500. It really kicks ass and tricks your body not to go on starvation mode. On the 4th-5th day you are looking mighty huge from the loading day!
I see where you are coming from, and you will look better if you do the carb up days... but you "look huge" because glycogen stores in your muscles (and liver) recover... and liver glycogen can last quite a while, so you are only truly depleted for one or two days EW...

You really can't "trick your body," but eating at least medium sized breakfasts helps boost metabolism all day... the brain alone uses ~100-150g of glucose/day no matter what, so if you just keep carbs low ED, it forces some keto and gluconeogenesis to go on all the time...

CKD is all fine and good, but the reason you need to do the insane 20 or 50g of carbs ED is because you are taking in hundreds and hundreds on the cheat days. I say that if you are going to diet, diet... if you can just get by without the cheat/carb-up days, and that lets you have more carbs most days and still lose. You won't look great while dieting that way, but (like comp BB do...) you will EXPLODE when you begin bulking again since you are depleted and at very low bf%... JMO...

Back