GH Half-life... The debate continues

mrmoore

Just reading the package insert from a bottle of Saizen. Says the half-life for GH injected IV is .6 hours. Subcutaneous is 1.75, and Intramuscular is 3.4 hours. So.... longer the half-life the better? That would make a pretty good case for IM. Any thoughts?

Right you are, stonecold. This is a good topic.
I have used exoGH IM and SQ. I decided to use IM for a cycle because of the point mrmoore makes. Tell you the truth, I didn't see a difference. Seems to me that there is some research that the amount of GH reaching effective serum plasma levels was pretty much the same, despite the longer half-life of the IM injection. I think hhdajo had a chart on this.....maybe he'll post.
I did email the doc at Cenegenics who stated that both types of injections were equally effective, but there were more injection related side effects with IM......I didn't notice any.
Best advise.......experiment a little and see for yourself. I currently use Depot GH, so IM is not an option.
I'm surprised this doesn't draw more replies.

Thanks for the input ironmaster. I'm currently taking 6iu daily. Currently pretty happy with the results. (Except the swollen fingers). Was just wondering how much (if any) difference IM would make. Apparently from your experience the difference is minimal. How long to you generally run your GH cycles? I've been on for about 4 months. Any reason except cost to go off?

Thanks!

No, no reason except cost. I've been on year-round for a long time......well, I do take a month off here and there. I'm an older guy, so I enjoy many benefits from GH therapy. Better skin quality, stronger connective tissue, mood enhancement, and a powered up immune system.
That's why I can't say for sure about the IM injections......this was 12 weeks in the middle of a year on. GH changes are subtle.
You might back your dose down a little and see if it helps your hands. After achieving the body comp changes I was looking for, I do fine on a maintenance dose of 2 to 4iu a day.

Thanks for the input. Another member mentioned that GH can make you hypothyrodic. I added 25 mcg of T3 daily, and have noticed a dramatic difference in less than a week. I'm pretty close to where I want to be. In a week or so I'll back down to 4iu. That dosage didn't seem to bother the fingers at all. Is the depot the once weekly injection?

Thanks!

H.

like to see more on this.

just started today and am doing it subq. my bro started aswell and asked me about im. told him i was not sure. so all info would be a big benefit

The Nutropin Depot is a once a month injection of micro-encapsulated time-released rhGH. Very effective and very convenient.
I'm going to hunt up that chart of IM vs SC.

Oh, yes mrmoore a little t3 and insulin (and a steroid stack) optimizes GH results. ExoGH causes insulin resistance.

Its been documented that sub-q gets absorbed better than IM. Sub-q in areas of fat to be ideal. If you have no fat, then just sub-q anywhere. Even the Nutropin depot studies show better increases in the IGF-1 levels when the depot in injected sub-q vs IM. Call Genentech, the medical department will tell you that direct.

medical doctor said:
Its been documented that sub-q gets absorbed better than IM. Sub-q in areas of fat to be ideal. If you have no fat, then just sub-q anywhere. Even the Nutropin depot studies show better increases in the IGF-1 levels when the depot in injected sub-q vs IM. Call Genentech, the medical department will tell you that direct.
What about IGF-1? Is it better to shoot IGF-1 sub-q or intra-muscular?

JohnyJuice said:
What about IGF-1? Is it better to shoot IGF-1 sub-q or intra-muscular?

Actually IV is the best for LR3 IGF-1. I know a guy who is a tru guinea pig and can compare runnin the IGF IV vs IM or SubQ.

DiamondBling said:
Actually IV is the best for LR3 IGF-1. I know a guy who is a tru guinea pig and can compare runnin the IGF IV vs IM or SubQ.

I would love to hear what he thinks. I dont know if i could deal with the iv, but which was better, im or Sub-q

Actually, here's the chart......like I said, not a huge difference, but subq looks like the way to go.

how much t3 iron is good to add ,just bring ur ur slin sensetivity ,in runnin 4ius jintrpoin ,along with some test and tren (adding slin shortly) im not really trying to cut ive reached my desierd body comp.and when is the ebst to take it ?

might be a stupid question but I have seen HGH and GH on the net in the pill form that is suppose to stimulate your pituitary gland naturally....I cannot afford a 1000.00 shot a month so was thinking about buying some oral stuff. Anyone used it? Results? know of a legitimate vendor?

Back