Grocery List & Meal Plan Help?

Georgia

Hey fellas. I signed up at the YMCA and will be trying to bulk up for the summer. I am starting Monday and am grocery shopping this weekend.

I need right around 3,500 calories a day to gain weight. According to the little Calorie Calculator thingy.

So if you can help me with things I need to put on my grocery list. And also help me put the things I buy into a meal plan (Ex: 7 a.m. - 6 egg whites, oatmeal, etc.)

I can eat the same thing over and over every single day that does bother me. I do not need flavor. I never salt and pepper my food. I just want something simple...packed with protein...and pretty simple to make. This is for a 'bulking' cycle now.

Gonna try to cook my meals ahead of time Saturday and Sunday.

Any advice on the subject of dieting and eating will help too.

You can PM me if you want. I just really need help with the grocery list and putting the SIMPLE stuff I buy into an actual meal plan that will get me 3,500-4,000 calories a day!

Thanks BROS and BRAHS!! (gm that is for you)

I eat a lot of chicken and brown rice. 3,500 is what my maintnance level is so i'm quite use to staying in that range.

I use a website called fitday dot com that really helps. it's free and you can type in everything you eat in a day and it breaks down all your macros and tells you how much protein, carb, fat, calories and that type stuff. really helpfull.

my grocery list is pretty simple
5 dozen eggs
Chicken breast
Turkey Sausages
Tuna
Salmon
Olive oil
Avacados
Red potatoes
Spinach
Broccoli
Sweet potatoes
Oatmeal
Brussels sprouts
Apples
Blue berries
Whole wheat pasta
Whole wheat bread
Almonds
Zucchini
Coconut oil
Garlic
Onions
Tomatoes

Last edited:
That's what I need. I was hoping someone would chime in who eats about 3,500 calories or more and shares their grocery list/meal plan/eating times/etc. etc.

Thanks for helping Smilee

I eat eggs, egg whites and real oatmeal every morning for breakfast, then i'll make up batches of a chicken breast with half cup to a cup of brown rice and i'll eat 2 of those at work with a can of tuna. Dinner is usually red meat.....good steak and sweet potatoe and some veggies. this along with my 2 protein shakes a day is right about 3,500

I eat eggs, egg whites and real oatmeal every morning for breakfast, then i'll make up batches of a chicken breast with half cup to a cup of brown rice and i'll eat 2 of those at work with a can of tuna. Dinner is usually red meat.....good steak and sweet potatoe and some veggies. this along with my 2 protein shakes a day is right about 3,500

That's about what I eat. But I have been eating a bit more brown rice during this cycle. I need to bring the amount back down because I'm at a point where I'm so full ALL THE TIME that I can hardly eat anymore when it's time.

That's what I need. I was hoping someone would chime in who eats about 3,500 calories or more and shares their grocery list/meal plan/eating times/etc. etc.

Thanks for helping Smilee

Use an app like My fitness pal... Enter the amount of calories you want to eat a day and you can plan your meals accordingly

It's very simple divide the proteins/carbs/fats/calories by 6
Try to evenly spread the allotted macros throughout the day to keep your energy level and metabolism running properly. Eat every 2.5-3 hours if your bulking you can eat 6-7 meals a day. Making 2 maybe 3 your protein shakes.

clean eating when bulking/cutting is best
Stick with foods not too high in sugar.
Just my opinion of course.

So it can look like this:

8 a.m. Meal 1: 6-8 Egg Whites, 1 Cup Oatmeal

10-11 a.m. Meal 2: 8-10 ounce of grilled chicken with 1 cup of brown rice

12-1 p.m. Meal 3: " "

2-4 p.m. Meal 4: ??

Meal 5: ??

Meal 6: ??

Damn it...

So it can look like this:

8 a.m. Meal 1: 6-8 Egg Whites, 1 Cup Oatmeal

10-11 a.m. Meal 2: 8-10 ounce of grilled chicken with 1 cup of brown rice

12-1 p.m. Meal 3: " "

2-4 p.m. Meal 4: ??

Meal 5: ??

Meal 6: ??

Damn it...

Yes... Now just plan what you will eat and prepare the food ahead of time. I cooked for 3 days worth of meals. Eating like Stevenmd just smaller amounts bc I am not bulking

i go to the grocery store and just start thowing the meat in the cart. My red meats are new york strips and 93/7 ground. lots and lots of chickin. penut butter, sweet patatoes, fish and basicly meat. lol.

my grocery list is pretty simple
5 dozen eggs
Chicken breast
Turkey Sausages
Tuna
Salmon
Olive oil
Avacados
Red potatoes
Spinach
Broccoli
Sweet potatoes
Oatmeal
Brussels sprouts
Apples
Blue berries
Whole wheat pasta
Whole wheat bread
Almonds
Zucchini
Coconut oil
Garlic
Onions
Tomatoes
Your missing red meat You need it for B12 and a lot of other things that you just don't get elsewhere. CLA ,EfA's just to mention a few.

Your missing red meat You need it for B12 and a lot of other things that you just don't get elsewhere. CLA ,EfA's just to mention a few.

I take a super b vitamin complex... I am not much of a red meat eater.

What else am I missing from my diet?
How much red meat should I be incorporating in my diet?

What do you add to your chicken when you cook it in the crockpot??

I've tried a lot of things but I find the green chile verde sauce works best and it's low in calories if you're watching that. I just throw in over brown rice.

Black beans and salsa is good too, just watch how much beans you eat when you're watching calories/carbs.

I've tried to red enchilada sauce but that sucked.

Regular chicken broth is good too.

Back