Growth hormone and joint recovery

Scroodge McDuck

Howdy team long time reader first time poster. Apologies for the essay.

Currently 5"11, 205~lbs, 20 years old.
I started hitting gyms when I was roughly 16 and have spent little time out of them since, when I turned 19 I was pretty fanatical and there wasn't much that could be done to keep me out of the gym.

Recently however I formed an intestinal infection which caused reactive Arthritis and has since made my life reasonably unbearable. After 6 months on prednisolone and methotrexate I'm happy to say I'm about ready to make return, but I digress.

I've done a small amount of research into hgh use and have mixed feelings from very conflicting articles. The reason I would consider taking hgh is for the strength increase as methotrexate and no exercise for 6mo. Has left me very lethargic, but more so for its "fluid regulation" which I read includes synovial fluid, hence joint repair. Unfortunately though I can't seem to find any conclusive studies one way or the other and there is a crazy amount of bullshit scare tactic websites out there with articles written by some crackhead that dropped out of space camp.

To summarise my dear chaps and chappettes, firstly if anyone could give me their personal experience with it or first hand knowledge on it that would be a great start, I've seen a few things floating regarding joint dryness etc. I've also read that something more isolated like igf-1 would produce better results.

Secondly if anyone has any recommendations on studies I should peruse that are backed up by actual research and not wives tales that would be fantastic.

The primary focus of this is to reduce recovery time as much as possible and provide a boost of energy and drive while ensuring there is no permanent damage. I hate the idea of me wasting the last yearish of superhuman pubescent higher test levels by doing precautionary god damn aquaroebics but in saying that I'm not willing to risk long term damage.

Ps. Epiphyseal plates are not yet fused. I would not consider starting until I am completely off all corticosteroids, methotrexate and NSAIDs (roughly 1mnth from now). I would consider anabolic alternatives provided they are based solely around the idea of joint recovery and not about the strength/energy boost. Like I said I'm looking to get strong again, not jacked.

That's a very mature mindset for someone your age. You've come to the right place. I personally can't provide any input on HGH as I have not used it yet and my 2c would only be based on my friend's experiences (I prefer to offer advice based off my own use), but there are plenty of old heads on here that will give you the information you need. You've obviously done your research. Stick around and you will learn.

That's a very mature mindset for someone your age. You've come to the right place. I personally can't provide any input on HGH as I have not used it yet and my 2c would only be based on my friend's experiences (I prefer to offer advice based off my own use), but there are plenty of old heads on here that will give you the information you need. You've obviously done your research. Stick around and you will learn.

Thank you, I appreciate the sentiment and I'll keep my eyes on the thread for these old heads ^^

Back