Growth Hormone Optimization

ok so what is a base line "good" diet to run while using the peps?

also is it customary to run them 3 times a day 30 min before any carbs, or is it ok to run them 5 on 2 off 2 times a day, or what is the best approach and what goes well together as ive seen -6 and -6 coupled together but have read diffrent views as to which actually works better?

also what r some sides to look for while using these peps?

Abstract
Growth hormone-releasing hormone (GHRH) and somatostatin modulate growth hormone (GH) secretion. A third mechanism was discovered in the last decade, involving the action of growth hormone secretagogues (GHS). Ghrelin, the endogenous ligand of the GHS-receptor, is an acylated peptide mainly produced by the stomach, but also synthesized in the hypothalamus. This compound increases both GH release and food intake. Endogenous ghrelin might amplify the basic pattern of GH secretion, optimizing somatotroph responsiveness to GHRH, activating multiple interdependent intracellular pathways. However, its main site of action is the hypothalamus. In the current paper it is reviewed the available data on the discovery of this peptide, the mechanisms of action and possible physiological roles of the GHS and ghrelin on GH secretion, and finally, the possible therapeutic applications of these compounds.

[Ghrelin and growth hormone secr... [Arq Bras Endocrinol Metabol. 2008] - PubMed - NCBI

Abstract
GHRP-2 is a synthetic agonist of ghrelin, the newly-discovered gut peptide which binds to the growth hormone (GH) secretagogue receptor. Ghrelin has two major effects, stimulating both GH secretion and appetite/meal initiation. GHRP-2 has been extensively studied for its utility as a growth hormone secretagogue (GHS). Animal studies have shown its effect on food intake. However, whether GHRP-2 can also stimulate appetite in humans when administered acutely is not known. We subcutaneously infused 7 lean, healthy males with GHRP-2 (1 microg/kg/h) or saline for 270 minutes and then measured their intake of an ad libitum, buffet-style meal. Similar to what has been reported for ghrelin administration, our subjects ate 35.9 +/- 10.9% more when infused with GHRP-2 vs. saline, with every subject increasing their intake even when calculated per kg body weight (136.0 +/- 13.0 kJ/kg [32.5 +/- 3.1 kcal/kg] vs. 101.3 +/- 10.5 kJ/kg [24.2 +/- 2.5 kcal/kg], p = 0.008). The macronutrient composition of consumed food was not different between conditions. As expected, serum GH levels rose significantly during GHRP-2 infusion (AUC 5550 +/- 1090 microg/L/240 min vs. 412 +/- 161 microg/L/240 min, p = 0.003). These data are the first to demonstrate that GHRP-2, like ghrelin, increases food intake, suggesting that GHRP-2 is a valuable tool for investigating ghrelin effects on eating behavior in humans.

Growth hormone releasing peptide-2 (... [J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2005] - PubMed - NCBI

Background: Calorie-restricted, fat-depleted Goat-/- mice develop profound hypoglycemia resulting from lack of ghrelin-mediated growth hormone release.

Results: Hypoglycemia is caused by decreased gluconeogenesis and reversed by gluconeogenic precursors (lactate and alanine) or fatty acids.

Conclusion: In absence of fatty acids, growth hormone maintains gluconeogenic precursors, allowing survival.

Significance: Maintenance of blood glucose by ghrelin-growth hormone axis is crucial for evolutionary adaptation to starvation.

Profound hypoglycemia in starved, ghrelin-deficient mice is caused by decreased gluconeogenesis and reversed by lactate or fatty acids

Great Info!

I have been on Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) for months, and it feels like I have been pinning saline. No gains in the gym, no libido increase, & no fat loss while working out 5-6 days a week and eating clean at least 6 days every week. With HCG, without, with A-Dex, without...it all feels the same, which feels like nothing...

I am definitely going to look into this!

Nothing so far with HRT

Let me give you the timeline from when I began Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) back in December of last year until now:

November 2011 I went to a local Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) doctor and had blood tests. My symptoms were the usual: low energy, low to no libido, etc. My total T was in the low 400s (Which I now understand to be "normal" if I was around 75 years old) She put me on Test 100mg E7D, no Arimidex, no HCG.

Went back in a month and had blood tests. Total T went to 600 and my Estrogen moved to 29. My libido was worse than before and my testicles were a bit smaller. She then upped my Testosterone to 150mg E7D and had me take 0.5mg Arimidex E3D.

Went back in a month and my total T was 900 and my Estrogen was back to 11. I still had no libido. She had me stop the Arimidex and the injections and try topical testosterone. That did absolutely nothing after another month, so I quit going to her.

Started with Maximus in March. He had me pin Testosterone 50mg E3D, HCH 500IU E3D and Arimidex 1mg E3D. I have done that for 6 weeks, and still no libido change and no real difference in the gym

Since then I have been speaking with Todd @ ULV and he had me drop the A-Dex and drop the Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) for 10 days, and then add the Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) back in. I am now pinning Test 100mg E3D, Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) 500IU E3D and no A-Dex (yet) I am going for blood tests today and get IGF-1 tested along with Test and Estradiol

I will be 48 in October. I am on a 3-day split weight routine and the days that I don't lift I do at least 2 miles at a fast walk on the treadmill. I am 5' 11" and weigh 225. I know that I need to loose 30 pounds and have been eating clean and eating lots of protien with usually one "cheat" meal every week where I will go out to dinner with the wife. I have not been able to make any gains in the gym or loose any weight and my libido is no better than when I started. ("Night wood" that is gone by morning and nothing during the day)

I do have a bit more energy since I started Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) and a bit more confidence and metal clarity, and I am grateful for that, but its a subtle difference at best.

My next step is (hopefully) to use HGH for 4 months and then try peptieds along with Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) and keep my fingers crossed...I sure envy the guys here that started Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) and had the big libido increase, were able to build some muscle, loose fat, etc... that is awesome!

Last edited:
Guys: for newtohrt - what do you think? I'm thinking the E is low, hence no libido, but what's with the nut shrinkage?

To clarify

I should clarify that the nut shrinkage was not a huge size difference - just enough for me to notice and that is of course subjective.

I had bloodtests yesterday and I will post them as soon as I get the results.

Back