Had Knee Surgery 4 Months Ago, When Should I Start My Cycle?

thetopdog

Hey guys, I've been a member here for a while but haven't posted much recently. A little background: 31 years old, 5'10", 195-200lbs, ~10%bf. I've done about 5 cycles over the past 10 years and they were all test-only with the exception of 1 test/EQ cycle 3 years ago

I had surgery to repair my partially torn patellar tendon 4 months ago. I ran TB-500 and GHRP-2/Mod GRF about a month after my surgery, TB-500 for a few weeks and GHRP-2/Mod GRF for ~2 months

I had a lot of atrophy in my leg after the surgery. My left quad is still significantly smaller and weaker than my right but it's been getting a lot stronger recently. The biggest problem is that my knee doesn't "track" correctly, which I've been told will get better as my leg gets stronger.

I've got Test Cyp, NPP and more GHRP/Mod GRF and TB-500 and I've been waiting till the perfect time to start my cycle. I can't really squat or deadlift right now (I've been doing wall squats with my back pressed against a ball during physical therapy) but I think I'll be able to soon. My main goals with this cycle would be to help my leg get stronger and help my knee fully recover so I can get back into playing sports as soon as possible. I train MMA and I'd like to get back into it ASAP

Do you guys think I should start the cycle now or hold off until I can squat/deadlift again? The physical therapist told me one of the main reasons I'm having issues with my knee tracking is a lack of quad strength, so I figured starting this cycle couldn't hurt. I'm hoping the NPP and GHRP/TB-500 will also help with any joint/tendon issues. I was thinking about running 200mg Test Cyp and 100mg of NPP 3x/week for 10-12 weeks. I'd also run TB-500 for 4 weeks and GHRP-2/Mod GRF the entire time

Any advice on cycle timing or anything else I should be thinking of? Does my plan of 600mg Test/300mg NPP per week sound good?

Thanks in advance, this board has provided me with a ton of good info over the years

Wait until the doc clears you to 100%. It would drive me crazy if i was in the gym but couldnt do legs. Plus your legs will fall ever further behind.

Wait until the doc clears you to 100%. It would drive me crazy if i was in the gym but couldnt do legs. Plus your legs will fall ever further behind.

This.

You had tendon repair too, which is going to be stressed a great deal if you push too hard too quickly. On the flip side, keep doing mobility exercises to keep that joint moving. I learned the hard way, and have a great deal of difficulty doing squats/deadlifts without some pain.

My .02c :)

Thanks for the feedback guys. So you guys don't think starting my cycle soon would help my leg recover faster? At this point the tendon is pretty much healed and I'm cleared to do leg press and wall squats, my quad is just very weak from atrophy. I was thinking starting the cycle soon would help my leg get stronger faster, but if it's better to hold off then I don't mind waiting

If your doc clears you for full intensity exercise, go for it. However, if you're still on weight restrictions - hold off just a bit longer.

Back