Heisman hopefuls.................

BUFFDAWG10

Rookie
Who is your pick to win the Heisman Trophy this year??????

My pick would be Adrienne Petersen, and I am in no way a Sooners Fan, being my team is LSU! When you consider that this kid was playing high school footabll last year, it is amazing what he has done so far in the NCAA. He is the best player in college football and being that he is ONLY a freshman, I think he truly deserves it!

Actually, mr. community veteran, I think he doesn't deserve it precisely because of the same reasons you say he does.

Besides, I'm just sick of hearing this guy's name..................my last year of high school, A.P. is all I saw in the local newspapers and on the sports sections of news shows or on the friday night highlight shows.......Now, I've gotta hear the bastard's name on ESPN too?????

SpikeyLizard said:
Actually, mr. community veteran, I think he doesn't deserve it precisely because of the same reasons you say he does.

Besides, I'm just sick of hearing this guy's name..................my last year of high school, A.P. is all I saw in the local newspapers and on the sports sections of news shows or on the friday night highlight shows.......Now, I've gotta hear the bastard's name on ESPN too?????

Hey bro, don't hate the player because he is good! The reason you are giving why he should not get it is rediculous. Again, I am not an OU fan but the guy is a GREAT player and if he continues to get 100+ yards a game it should be no contest!!!

he puts the numbers up week in and week out. some of the cuts and move this kid makes is remarkable. he is a powerful runner and possess lots of speed. right now i would say there isn't a better college football player. i think braylen edwards is the 2nd most prolific player in college football

orton has dropped himself of the list bc his past performances.
white idk i just hate him for some reason.
the hart kid for michigan is having a great year.
leinhart has been winning and having some good game.

soulsnatcher said:
he puts the numbers up week in and week out. some of the cuts and move this kid makes is remarkable. he is a powerful runner and possess lots of speed. right now i would say there isn't a better college football player. i think braylen edwards is the 2nd most prolific player in college football

orton has dropped himself of the list bc his past performances.
white idk i just hate him for some reason.
the hart kid for michigan is having a great year.
leinhart has been winning and having some good game.

Thanks, I agree with your comments 100%!!!!!!!!

BUFFDAWG10 said:
Hey bro, don't hate the player because he is good! The reason you are giving why he should not get it is rediculous. Again, I am not an OU fan but the guy is a GREAT player and if he continues to get 100+ yards a game it should be no contest!!!

Well, I gotta hate the player, because I damn sure can't hate the game.

I agree that he is putting up some unholy numbers right now (although aTm held him to only 104 or so, as opposed to his usual 200+), but I still can't see giving the Heisman to someone who has only been in college for 3 months.

i think A.P. will win the heisman evntually, but i dont think he needs it this year. If he can continue to perform like this, then he will win the heisman, however, he has to complete a year or two more of these numbers.

Why not give it to him??? Because he has not been in college long enough??? Hell, since when that is a criteria for winning the Heisman. No one can argue with the numbers the guy is putting up and that is a solid fact!!! I don't care if he is a freshman, he is the BEST player in the NCAA right now....PERIOD!!!!!! Believe me I don't like OU at all, but I got to give the guy PROPS he is a great football player!!!!!!!

BUFFDAWG10 said:
Why not give it to him??? Because he has not been in college long enough??? Hell, since when that is a criteria for winning the Heisman. No one can argue with the numbers the guy is putting up and that is a solid fact!!! I don't care if he is a freshman, he is the BEST player in the NCAA right now....PERIOD!!!!!! Believe me I don't like OU at all, but I got to give the guy PROPS he is a great football player!!!!!!!

I agree Buff, he should get the Heisman if he keeps putting up the numbers. Come on Spikey, what does have Palestine have to be proud of besides A.P.?

Slick Arrado said:
I agree Buff, he should get the Heisman if he keeps putting up the numbers. Come on Spikey, what does have Palestine have to be proud of besides A.P.?

A thriving terrorist community . . . ba dum schhhhhh!

bleachcola said:
A thriving terrorist community . . . ba dum schhhhhh!

Wrong Palestine, hosebag.

Slick Arrado said:

Their proximity to Tyler.................wait, that's a drawback of living there.........ummmmmmmmmm...........nothing really.

Okay, A.P. has put up 1431 rushing yards and 9 touchdowns in 10 games thus far (that's including the game last week that ended his streak of 100 yard games). Maurice Clarrett rushed for 1237 and 16 touchdowns in 12 games as a true freshman, and Lonta Hobbs at TCU rushed for 1,029 and 13 touchdowns in only 8 games as a true freshman.
Neither of those two were even (seriously) considered for a Heisman, so why should Peterson be any different?

I'm not saying that a freshman can't be the best player in the nation, I'm just saying that I don't believe Peterson deserves the award.

Back