Heisman Winner is.......

I think they all had very good stats to argue the point which one deserved to be the Heisman winner. Jason White did have very good numbers and it did take alot of heart to come back from the devastating injury that he sustained, but would have he achieved those numbers with a so-called average team? In my opnion the most over-looked player was Eli Manning. Eli was the reason Ole Miss had such a great season, he is a leader and his numbers speak for themself. OK, he did not bring them to an SEC championship over LSU, but White could not bring his team a victory over Kansas St. either. Mark my word Eli will definitely be one of the top QB's in the NFL one day along with his brother Peyton. Jason White more than likely will not make it 1-2 years in the NFL, IF he is even drafted.

How many Heisman winners turn out to be great NFL players? Not many. White was the best in college this year, and that's all that matters. I wasn't that impressed with Eli. I agree that he made Ole Miss a much better team than they should have been, but I don't know how successful he will be in the NFL. It will be tough for him to compete with the accomplishments of his brother.

Rigor Mortis said:
How many Heisman winners turn out to be great NFL players? Not many. White was the best in college this year, and that's all that matters. I wasn't that impressed with Eli. I agree that he made Ole Miss a much better team than they should have been, but I don't know how successful he will be in the NFL. It will be tough for him to compete with the accomplishments of his brother.

Jason White's numbers may have been better, but if we are talking talent...........Larry Fitzgerald is the best player in college today!

White has a team with an outstanding defense and OK didn't play anyone. Everyone will see what White is made out of when he meets Chad Lavalais from LSU on the 4th and gets the shit knocked out of him!!!

Fitzgerald is the only option on his team.

Eli is probably the best of the group and Buff is right about him making it in the NFL and Fitzgerald will play on Sunday's but White will definitely be a wasted draft pick.

nonksid said:
White has a team with an outstanding defense and OK didn't play anyone. Everyone will see what White is made out of when he meets Chad Lavalais from LSU on the 4th and gets the shit knocked out of him!!!

Fitzgerald is the only option on his team.

Eli is probably the best of the group and Buff is right about him making it in the NFL and Fitzgerald will play on Sunday's but White will definitely be a wasted draft pick.

THANK YOU!!!:D

I missed this thread but as you look at the history of the heisman it is usually given to somoene on very good teams if their stats warrant. If their is someone on a national champion contender who is on par with everyone else he will win it 9 out of 10. And let me tell you i respect that kid white, the motherfucker is coming back for his senior season.

jcp2 said:
I missed this thread but as you look at the history of the heisman it is usually given to somoene on very good teams if their stats warrant. If their is someone on a national champion contender who is on par with everyone else he will win it 9 out of 10. And let me tell you i respect that kid white, the motherfucker is coming back for his senior season.

u respect him for staying in college? why is that? and if he elected to go to the draft he would more than likely be a bust like every other hyped qb. did u see that game against mo state? he choked. doesent leave him many options.

tednatas said:
u respect him for staying in college? why is that? and if he elected to go to the draft he would more than likely be a bust like every other hyped qb. did u see that game against mo state? he choked. doesent leave him many options.
lol, i don't think his draft position will change much in one year, and neither will his payday, i respect any athlete for staying in school nowadays. Bust or not, he will still make quite a bit of money, just like every other hyped quarterback. And in general most quarterbacks don't make it in the NFL, it is a very tough position to gauge. And i detect some hostility in that post, lol, are you a fan of another big 12 school. :)

jcp2 said:
lol, i don't think his draft position will change much in one year, and neither will his payday, i respect any athlete for staying in school nowadays. Bust or not, he will still make quite a bit of money, just like every other hyped quarterback. And in general most quarterbacks don't make it in the NFL, it is a very tough position to gauge. And i detect some hostility in that post, lol, are you a fan of another big 12 school. :)

no nothing hostile bro . nothing intended. after that mo state game he just doesent look that good to me. eli manning is the better quarterback. he gets it done with out the talent or coaching staff around him. but its all good.

tednatas said:
no nothing hostile bro . nothing intended. after that mo state game he just doesent look that good to me. eli manning is the better quarterback. he gets it done with out the talent or coaching staff around him. but its all good.
eli is definately without question a better quarterback. That kid out of miami OH is also pretty damn good, and fitzgerald and perry will be much better NFL players IMO.

jcp2 said:
eli is definately without question a better quarterback. That kid out of miami OH is also pretty damn good, and fitzgerald and perry will be much better NFL players IMO.

Without a doubt!!!!!!!!

Staying in obviously gives more experience and shows character and will help in most cases draft positions and payday.....cause if theyre considering leaving college early, they are no doubt very good, if they stay in theyll hoan their skills.

BTW Happy Holidays peeps....my Raiders will be watching the playoffs at home this yr.....and our sorry ass Saints blew another one.

Back to the topic....the Heisman as we all know has been a curse for some.

Gator

Last edited:
Most Heismans are on the bench
I think one of the best is Emmit Smith as a heisman winner and Florida Gator

JRfromTN said:
Most Heismans are on the bench
I think one of the best is Emmit Smith as a heisman winner and Florida Gator

Marcus Allen w/ USC.
Charles Woodson w/ Michigan(was burnin up the league till he broke his leg last yr and has never regained that step)

Back