Hello from TX, starting TRT

JayCar

Hey folks,

Just wanted to say hey. Im starting TRT (started last week actually) after having low T for many years. Several years back the doc put me on 100MG test shot every other week :rolleyes2, which in the end caused more harm than good.

Last year after doing some reading and my doc having his Med license pulled, I decided to self administer 100MG 2x week. I felt great and did that for about 6 months. I was fortunate to not get any side effects, but I also didn't like getting my gear through "improper channels".

So now, after being off for about 6 months and feeling AWFUL, I had BW done and was at 175ng/dl. Yikes, I changed my diet and started exercising and brought it up to 275, better, but not great. My GP was leery of TRT, so I enlisted the help of a pro- IMT.

That's my story, been on IMTs plan for a week so far and am hoping for great results. I look forward to chatting with the pro's here. :)

Thanks for reading.

I think it is great that you have found other channels to go through TRT. I will tell you form experience, there are a shockingly high percentage of Doctors who don't know any more than a few basics about hormone treatment. Many of the board members here I guarantee have a better knowledge base than most Medical Doctors. If you have a doctor who won't prescribe or reticent to prescribe a meaningful treatment regimen, you should look for another doctor or clinic that specializes in TRT. Many Medical Doctors are now understanding how valuable Testosterone Replacement therapy can be, and are not so shy to prescribe. Keep sharing your results and share the avenues you took to actually get proper treatment. I am sure there are many out there searching for TRT, but can't find a doctor to appropriately prescribe treatment. Thank you for the post, and continue to share results!

Finding a Dr. That will actually help can be a challenge. Another challenge is having your blood work taken care of properly. I've discovered that it doesn't take much to affect my levels so I was taking too much and didn't know it so I've cut back. Apparently the doses we take may need to be different. My results have been way high with small doses but drop to the low hundreds if I stop. Keep an eye on your blood work it might surprise you like mine has for me!

Finding a Dr. That will actually help can be a challenge. Another challenge is having your blood work taken care of properly. I've discovered that it doesn't take much to affect my levels so I was taking too much and didn't know it so I've cut back. Apparently the doses we take may need to be different. My results have been way high with small doses but drop to the low hundreds if I stop. Keep an eye on your blood work it might surprise you like mine has for me!

agreeed. for some 100mg ew is enough, others 200mg ew. just for the same level blood work wise, then there is how you feel to take into account AND estro levels. can take a while to find what works for you.

welcome to forum op!!

Welcome OP!

I've been enjoying TRT for about 5 months now myself, switched to IMT just a month or two back... been great since!!

Back