Help, I can't lose weight!

Ap15

Hello,
I am having a horrible problem with not being able to lose the 15 to 20 lbs that I want to lose. I tried a diet of low calories like 2 boiled eggs for breakfast, Tuna sandwich for lunch and chicken breast or fish with veggies for dinner and possibly fruit in between meals as a snack. I also do about 30 minutes of cardio 4 or 5 times a week and only seem to lose a pound every 10 days and thats not cutting it!!! I also find it hard to stay on this diet because I am not losing any weight. I am currently about 6'1 and 210 but I want to go back down to somewhere around 185 to 195. My body fat% is way up at like 17% and I want it back down to about 8 or 9%. Any advice? Oh and I tried Clen/T3 while on this diet and it did not do a damn thing except make my heart nearly beat out of my chest. I did not lose weight on it.

I went from 225 to 190 in 4 nearly 5 months bro, it takes alot of dedication, good work and good rest, and good eating. it takes time bro, hang in there

speed up your cardio get that pulse up by running instead of walking, my question is are you taking meds? some meds tend to produce more fat cells and wont let you loose that fat,.

what r u doing for ur cardio?

its the same as building muscle, to much of the same workout and ur body gets used to it, so you do different exercises to shock your body in to muscle growth. mix up your cardio, do something diff every-week.. or every over week

hope that helps

I run for cardio, I try to keep my heart rate around 160 or so and usually try to do about 2 or 3 miles on a treadmill and maybe 15 minutes on an elliptical machine. I usually try to diet but I have a monstrous appetite so after a few weeks of being on a diet around 2 or 3 weeks and only losing about 2 or 3 lbs, I get frustrated and go back to my bad eating habits. My bad habits are gigantic meals that make me feel like im going to pop when I am done and also I have a horrible sweet tooth. I have a hard time staying away from sweets. I want to be able to eat a regular portion meal and not crave a desert afterward and be satisfied but that is really hard to do.

so u eat 3 meals a day?? that's it???

sounds like u need to eat more... your body is in starvation mode imo...

can u get into detail about ur diet??

Yeah I have heard that eating more smaller meals will help speed your metabolism but I have a hard time with small meals. What I eat would be something like 2 or 3 boiled egg whites and 1 I will leave the yolk in and a piece of fruit for breakfast like an apple. Then I will eat a small snack between breakfast and lunch like a grapefruit. Then for lunch I will eat a Tuna sandwich on whole wheat bread with no High fructose corn syrup, carrots, and maybe some celery. Then i will have another piece of fruit for a snack. Then I will eat something like grilled skinless chicken breast or fish plus green beans and potatoes or some other veggies for dinner. Then I go to work at UPS and that job is so physical that I work up a huge appetite and come home at 10 or 11 at night and want to eat everything in the house but I try to keep it to a small meal like leftovers from dinner so that I dont go to bed with a full stomach. The only problem is that after 2 or 3 weeks of eating like this and I dont lose but a pound or 2, I want to go back to eating whatever I want. It is hard for me to stay on a diet that I don't really like and I feel like I am not getting enough food.

try this with your diet

on a leg day workout hit your quads in the mornning, this is before breakfast and in the afternoon or evenning when you train hit your hams n calfs. also a study said( in flex mag which i cant find) that apple promote fat-loss. if i find it i'll post it up

im 6'8 255 pounds i kinda have the same prob i can put maddd weight on but to take it off it takes dedication. i either run bike swim or walk for my cardio. i only do 30 mins a day every day. but i do mad interval training i stress the fuck out of my body till i fell like i cant go anymore and i push for liek 10 seconds then i calm it back down relax get the heart rate down and repeat. i just lost 10 pounds this last week.

6 am small bowl of special k for breakfast lactose free milk... it has less fat then normal. with a cup of coffee

9-10am i have a snack depends if i feel hungry or not.

11am-1pm gym i cardio it up for about 30 mins straight, light weight high rep to keep my heart rate up to keep burning cals then i do 30 mins in the sauna then i hop in the pool for 15 mins to cool down and relax.

1-2pm i eat lunch normal a pbj or some kinda deli meat sandwich with a yogurt and granola bar.

4-5pm i snack again depending when im hungry

6-7pm i eat dinner some kinda fish normal or chicken. veggies and either rice or sweet potato's.

i pounddddd water during the day atleast a gallon a day min.

i no my diet is shitty has fuck im not trying to have a hardcore diet right now i will be upgrading it here in a few weeks to shred i wanna get down to 230.

my diet and work out works for me probably wont for u idk everyones different.

Yeah I have heard that eating more smaller meals will help speed your metabolism but I have a hard time with small meals. What I eat would be something like 2 or 3 boiled egg whites and 1 I will leave the yolk in and a piece of fruit for breakfast like an apple. Then I will eat a small snack between breakfast and lunch like a grapefruit. Then for lunch I will eat a Tuna sandwich on whole wheat bread with no High fructose corn syrup, carrots, and maybe some celery. Then i will have another piece of fruit for a snack. Then I will eat something like grilled skinless chicken breast or fish plus green beans and potatoes or some other veggies for dinner. Then I go to work at UPS and that job is so physical that I work up a huge appetite and come home at 10 or 11 at night and want to eat everything in the house but I try to keep it to a small meal like leftovers from dinner so that I dont go to bed with a full stomach. The only problem is that after 2 or 3 weeks of eating like this and I dont lose but a pound or 2, I want to go back to eating whatever I want. It is hard for me to stay on a diet that I don't really like and I feel like I am not getting enough food.

ill show u exactly why ur not losing weight correctly.....

go to my free diet advice thread and figure out your bmr/tdee

Thanks everyone for the information and 3J I saw your diet advice from another post a while back and actually have it saved directly to my shortcut list on my web browser lol. It is really good but I feel like I eat nearly the same things every day and everything is lacking taste because I am not a good cook. I eat simple stuff but I will definitely read it again because it has been a while since I last read it. Thanks for the advice everyone.

Back