Help me re-work this diet around my work hours.

USAF

I have a new job, 8-4pm. I don't get any breaks, just lunch at noon.

With no breaks, I wont be able to hit my nutritional mark throughout the day. I will be eating meal 1, meal 2 (lunch), meal 3(pre-workout after work), and meal 4 before bed. I dont really care about laying down with 5lbs of food on my stomach so long as I fit in into my day.

Should I TRY and double up on meals with would kill me, but I would do it if needed, or should I try and add more caloric starchy foods?

Any advise is appreciated.

[1]- 10 whole eggs, 2 packets of grits |or| oatmeal when waking up.
[2]- 2 cans tuna with mayo, relish and mustard, 4 slices of bread, while on break.
[3]- 2 cans tuna |or| 2 chicken breast |or| 3-4 beef patties, 1 cup of cooked rice with soy sauce and broccoli at lunch.
[4]- Protein shake that is 26-52grams protein.
[5]- 2 cans tuna |or| 1 chicken breast |or| 10 whole eggs/Hard Boiled |or| 3-4 beef patties, with 1-2 cups rice with broccoli and carrots. (Pre-Workout).
[6]- Stir-Fry veggie mix with chicken |or| Beef, protein shake, creatine.

I am going to add in more hard boiled eggs, as it is easier to eat on the go, and since I don't get breaks I may snack on them while driving. Something like a break.

ADDED..

I will be working in a warehouse the first half of my day, so I wont be able to snack then, but I will be on the road for the remaining part of the day so I can snack on eggs or whatever will help me get a nutr values up for the day
This is all I am getting with no breaks.cal's 4083, fat 212, carb 283, prot 279. I dont think this is enough.

http://fitday.com/fitness/FoodLog.html?_a_Date=1293408000.

Last edited:

[2]- 2 cans tuna with mayo, relish and mustard, 4 slices of bread, while on break.
[3]- 2 cans tuna |or| 2 chicken breast |or| 3-4 beef patties, 1 cup of cooked rice with soy sauce and broccoli at lunch.
[5]- 2 cans tuna |or| 1 chicken breast |or| 10 whole eggs/Hard Boiled |or| 3-4 beef patties, with 1-2 cups rice with broccoli and carrots. (Pre-Workout).

Really depends on your goals. To be honest, this diet is horrible. What are you stats?

Really depends on your goals. To be honest, this diet is horrible. What are you stats?

195, 10%BODYFAT

5'9.5

Why is it horrible?

added

you're just going to drop in, tell me my diet sucks and offer no input as how to fix it?

Last edited:
Hate to speak out of turn on my first post but..I see the tuna being one of the issues with the diet..Way to much in my opinion..Can u switch it out for chicken or fish ( not tuna lol) Drop a meal and add a shake since you have a time crunch...some cottage cheese, natural peanut butter, almonds, brown rice or somethings in my daily routine...That's just my advice..

Hate to speak out of turn on my first post but..I see the tuna being one of the issues with the diet..Way to much in my opinion..Can u switch it out for chicken or fish ( not tuna lol) Drop a meal and add a shake since you have a time crunch...some cottage cheese, natural peanut butter, almonds, brown rice or somethings in my daily routine...That's just my advice..

Yeah, the tuna gets old quick, but I have alternatives such as chicken or beef. I thought I listed them in the meals.

Cottage cheese is good. Already in there. 1 - 1.5 cups after a meal. Maybe 2-3 meals out of the day. If that is all you think is wrong, then thanks, looks like I am set.

I don't like adding too many shakes into my diet as I like to get my protein from food. Looks like I will have to [TRY] and double up on a meal or two after I get off work or at lunch.

i like to look thru 3js post you can always get good ideas from him...good luck try it for a month..see how you feel good luck

Im not doubting you but honestly if your 5'10" eating almost 4100cals a day and have 10% BF then you dont need anything fixed.

Are you trying to bulk? maintain? cut? I dont like doubling up meals, i would rather see you drink a shake in there somewhere. Doubling up inevitably leads to overeating and getting fat stored somewhere. How much cardio do you do? how much time do you spend in the gym? I would like to see your BMR/TDEE.

Im not doubting you but honestly if your 5'10" eating almost 4100cals a day and have 10% BF then you dont need anything fixed.

Are you trying to bulk? maintain? cut? I dont like doubling up meals, i would rather see you drink a shake in there somewhere. Doubling up inevitably leads to overeating and getting fat stored somewhere. How much cardio do you do? how much time do you spend in the gym? I would like to see your BMR/TDEE.

Yes, I am trying to bulk up a bit. I don't like doubling up meals either because I am so stuffed I cant move when I do that.

I do cardio 3 times a week. Once a week, I run 1mile. The other two times a week I walk the tread mill and do the stair stepper. Sometimes I will also run in place and bring my knees waist high. I will not do that on a day I run the tread mill or run the mile.

6 days a week in the gym. I hit each bodypart twice. I know it is preached against, BUT when I cut it down to one bodypart a week I lose size/strength.

I do not know what BDM OR TDEE is? Never heard of it. Care to enlighten me?

Check out the first post here:

http://www.steroidology.com/forum/diet-forum/153271-free-diet-advice-3j.html

It'll tell you how to calculate your values. You can also ask 3J for diet advice in there.

Are you allowed to carry a water bottle of any kind when working? If so, you can carry shakes around with you. Not ideal, but it'll get the job done:

2 scoops whey
1cup oatmeal (grind in blender or coffee grinder)
2 tbsp peanut butter
16oz whole milk
honey or banana

comes out to around 1000 calories and tastes pretty good.

I have a new job, 8-4pm. I don't get any breaks, just lunch at noon.

With no breaks, I wont be able to hit my nutritional mark throughout the day. I will be eating meal 1, meal 2 (lunch), meal 3(pre-workout after work), and meal 4 before bed. I dont really care about laying down with 5lbs of food on my stomach so long as I fit in into my day.

Should I TRY and double up on meals with would kill me, but I would do it if needed, or should I try and add more caloric starchy foods?

10 whole eggs???? u better be joking.. esp when coupled with 2 packets of grits
yea mayo isn't the best choice in fats.. i would reconsider this meal... mixing up high amounts of carbs and fats in the same meal is all uv done in the last two meals
ok
again with the 10 whole eggs huh?
ur last meal should be lean beef or casein
I am going to add in more hard boiled eggs,
please dont
as it is easier to eat on the go, and since I don't get breaks I may snack on them while driving. Something like a break.

ADDED..

I will be working in a warehouse the first half of my day, so I wont be able to snack then, but I will be on the road for the remaining part of the day so I can snack on eggs or whatever will help me get a nutr values up for the day
This is all I am getting with no breaks.cal's 4083, fat 212, carb 283, prot 279. I dont think this is enough.

http://fitday.com/fitness/FoodLog.html?_a_Date=1293408000.
what were ur stats??

what were ur stats??

195, 10%BODYFAT

5'9.5

Why not couple both 10 eggs and grits, or oatmeal?

About the tuna salad with mayo, I am not necessarily tring to completly eliminate my fat too much. Why is it a bad thing to mix it like I did?

What would you suggest to help fix my meals?

Rework, but without many yolks, I will need a better source of carbs for the morning.
Meal 1 - Breakfast - 7am
6 egg whites, 4 whole eggs, 2 packs of instant oatmeal(i know you dont like those, but it is quick and has nutritional value), 1 cup cottage cheese.

Meal 2 - Lunch - Noon
Stir Fry 1.5 cups of cooked white rice or brown rice(may alternate), .5 cup broccoli, .5 cup carrots, 2 chicken breast |or| 3 JTM hamburger patties chunked into the stir fry. Hot sauce. Maybe some American Cheese.

Mid meal shake - 3:30 - Whey ON Gold Standard.

Meal 3 (considering I dont get a break.) - 5pm
1 Peanut butter and cream cheese sandwich (for energy) ||OR|| 1 - 2 Cups Cottage cheese with, 2 cans tuna, 1 pack grits and cheese. Pre-workout. Lift around 6.

Meal 4 - 8pm
2-3 Chicken breast, 1 cup cooked brown rices with either soy sauce or cheese. Broccoli on the side. May throw in a turkey sandwich. May and mustard. Wheat bread.

Casein shake before bed.

This is just something I cam up with off the top of my head, which you may be able to tell so DONT bash me over it. Just need some assistance.

I will only be able to eat about 4 times daily.

Last edited:
195, 10%BODYFAT

5'9.5

Why not couple both 10 eggs and grits, or oatmeal?
cuz those 10 WHOLE eggs have alotta fat in them.. just in those 10 whole eggs ur eating over 1000 calories... why? what need do u have for that?? i weigh 280lbs and i dont eat 10 whole eggs... did u mean egg whites maybe??
About the tuna salad with mayo, I am not necessarily tring to completly eliminate my fat too much. Why is it a bad thing to mix it like I did?
it wasn't the tuna and mayo, it was the bread with it... and the mayo is not the best fat u can take in.. that's all.. its not horrible.. its just not optimal
What would you suggest to help fix my meals?

Rework, but without many yolks, I will need a better source of carbs for the morning.
Meal 1 - Breakfast - 7am
6 egg whites, 4 whole eggs, 2 packs of instant oatmeal(i know you dont like those, but it is quick and has nutritional value), 1 cup cottage cheese.
much better...
Meal 2 - Lunch - Noon
Stir Fry 1.5 cups of cooked white rice or brown rice(may alternate), .5 cup broccoli, .5 cup carrots, 2 chicken breast |or| 3 JTM hamburger patties chunked into the stir fry. Hot sauce. Maybe some American Cheese.
just make sure ur using olive or coconut oil
Mid meal shake - 3:30 - Whey ON Gold Standard.

Meal 3 (considering I dont get a break.) - 5pm
1 Peanut butter and cream cheese sandwich (for energy) ||OR|| 1 - 2 Cups Cottage cheese with, 2 cans tuna, 1 pack grits and cheese. Pre-workout. Lift around 6.
the latter would be better
Meal 4 - 8pm
2-3 Chicken breast, 1 cup cooked brown rices with either soy sauce or cheese. Broccoli on the side. May throw in a turkey sandwich. May and mustard. Wheat bread.
pick one or the other
Casein shake before bed.

add fats here

This is just something I cam up with off the top of my head, which you may be able to tell so DONT bash me over it. Just need some assistance.

I will only be able to eat about 4 times daily.

ok.. its a diff story when u will only be able to eat 4 times a day....

but when ur eating 6 times a day and having 1000+ calorie meals, esp at 195lbs.. ur doing something wrong

when ur eating 6 times a day and having 1000+ calorie meals, esp at 195lbs.. ur doing something wrong
What do you mean? I shouldn't be eating so much?

I think it came out to about 4500 calories a day. 350 carbs and 500g protein. Especially when I was real strict on that same diet.

He's saying there is no reason at all to eat 1000+ calories in a single meal. Especially when eating 6x a day. If your eating 4x then while definitely not optimal, you will need to get the calories in.

He's saying there is no reason at all to eat 1000+ calories in a single meal. Especially when eating 6x a day. If your eating 4x then while definitely not optimal, you will need to get the calories in.

....x2

Back