HELP NEEDED! Serious acne problem on TRT, doctor doesnt wanna check my E2.

Fred87

So here I am still struggling to find a decent doctor and protocol after over a decade of trt crap.
This new doctor seemed cool and more knowleadgeable, but I think I was wrong..
He says my acne has nothing to do with E2 levels, that is all because of "androgenic power of Testosterone" and that my E2 is surely in range, since my Test is in range, he says.
I told him I was starting developing acne and I told him again it's getting worse, at this point its really that bad I cant and dont wanna deal with it anymore.
I've got some Arimidex at home but I have no idea where my levels are at, scared to crash the E2, he doesnt really want to test it and I have no access to private labs here in my country.
No idea wtf I should do, I dont wanna be off trt again and feel miserable but I also dont wanna be covered in shit hitching acne..
Any help appreciated.

Im taking 125mg Test En/week and my test levels are around the high end

So here I am still struggling to find a decent doctor and protocol after over a decade of trt crap.
This new doctor seemed cool and more knowleadgeable, but I think I was wrong..
He says my acne has nothing to do with E2 levels, that is all because of "androgenic power of Testosterone" and that my E2 is surely in range, since my Test is in range, he says.
I told him I was starting developing acne and I told him again it's getting worse, at this point its really that bad I cant and dont wanna deal with it anymore.
I've got some Arimidex at home but I have no idea where my levels are at, scared to crash the E2, he doesnt really want to test it and I have no access to private labs here in my country.
No idea wtf I should do, I dont wanna be off trt again and feel miserable but I also dont wanna be covered in shit hitching acne..
Any help appreciated.

Im taking 125mg Test En/week and my test levels are around the high end

1. get your own bloodwork done and check E2.
2. Your doc is right, test will and can cause acne. I have this issue right now - my trt dose of test cyp is 140mg a week (split into 2, E3.5d). I get acne on my shoulders and back that I didn't have before TRT. My E2 is perfectly in range too. Some people are just sensitive to test.

I get acne with T levels over say, 900, despite incheck estrogen. Your Dr isn't completely wrong. Literally within a week of lowering my dose, acne goes away, every time.

You should still get your estrogen checked. Why not take care of it on your own via private labs?

Last edited:
I'm fairly new to here so treat my 2 cents as just that.
My Dr keeps me at the high end not caring about usable at all but insists to keep free in the 30s. I broke out as well one I went over 900/24. He didn't want to regulate my e2 @ 63. I decided to regulate on my own using break outs to regulate dosage. According to tests . 25 arimidex with every pin lowered me 10 points so I'm taking .4 e3.5d.
Dr. put me on Spirolactone for my cistic acne but it takes 1~3 months to work.

I recently was 4 weeks into a blast and was taking .35 dex ed coming up with that dosage based off breakouts. Acne didn't get any worse and actually was getting better. I had to terminate my cycle. Last week I had a nasal surgery and while under anesthesia the heart monitor flagged me with Afib. So I dropped to my regular dose to go see a cardiologist on Monday.

I get acne with T levels over say, 900, despite incheck estrogen. Your Dr isn't completely wrong. Literally within a week of lowering my dose, acne goes away, every time.

You should still get your estrogen checked. Why not take care of it on your own via private labs?

No private labs over here

Well then why not just lower test level?

I've been on trt for almost 3 years now. My E2 levels are fine. And I have acne on my back. My doctor also told me that it's from the testosterone. Some people get acne, some don't. To me, it's the worst part about being on trt.

I'd find a way to get your E2 levels checked on your own. That way you can rule out high E2 as the cause. You may just be predisposed to acne.

lets not forget that Test converts to both Estrogen AND DHT . DHT , dihydrotestosterone, is way more powerful androgen then test. this could be your issue.

lets not forget that Test converts to both Estrogen AND DHT . DHT , dihydrotestosterone, is way more powerful androgen then test. this could be your issue.

Im quite sure the doctors position about that would be the same he has about E2, but I will try asking if I can get it tested, thanks Roush.
Is it possible that I still get acne even if i get E2 and DHT in range tho?

Back