help! testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) doc says I get cyp or hCG, not both!

help! TRT doc says I get cyp or hCG, not both!

Does anybody here get both test and hCG for testosterone replacement therapy (TRT)?

I've been on cyp testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) for a few years. It's fine but my nuts shrink and I take clomiphine for about 10 days every month to get them back. I hate the stuff because it makes me want to cry, knit and watch lifetime TV.

Seeing my balls shrink makes me cry even harder, so I'm going to keep using clomiphine until I can find a better solution.

So I went to an endo. He says he prescribes test cyp or he prescribes hCG, not both. He says if I want my libido take the test, and when want to have children, drop the test and start the hCG until I have a kid.

I told him I want my libido and it is not acceptable to go off test ever and it is also not acceptable for my nuts to shrink ever at any time.

He says nobody uses both. He said it wouldn't even work to take both at once, my nuts will still shrink. I think that is BS. He just doesn't know.

I know swale's website has that paper re 250 IU hCG 2x weekly, but I don't think my endo cares about what a D.O. thinks. I need to hear from somebody who is getting both from an MD. I'm going to have to talk to another MD.

Thanks!

PS - latest bloodwork shows 0 LH & 0 FSH. No sperm. I am sterile now until I stop the test or get on hCG. This is not where I want to be.

That doctor doesn't know crap about what he is talking about, unfortunatly that is true with a lot of doctors. you could always search the black market for such things..... I know mine didnt come from a doc.

Anyone?

So far no response from anybody on steroidology on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) who has a Rx for both.

That's making me wonder if my endo is right about "nobody perscribes both for TRT".

simpllyhuge said:
just go for the test then and get the Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) on your own.

ditto...

only problem is, the Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) market is incredibly dry right now which doesn't help you out one bit

man, i need a doc. I wonder if my co-pay would be cheaper....probably not.

C18H22O2 said:
Does anybody here get both test and hCG for testosterone replacement therapy (TRT)?

I've been on cyp testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) for a few years. It's fine but my nuts shrink and I take clomiphine for about 10 days every month to get them back. I hate the stuff because it makes me want to cry, knit and watch lifetime TV.

Seeing my balls shrink makes me cry even harder, so I'm going to keep using clomiphine until I can find a better solution.

So I went to an endo. He says he prescribes test cyp or he prescribes hCG, not both. He says if I want my libido take the test, and when want to have children, drop the test and start the hCG until I have a kid.

I told him I want my libido and it is not acceptable to go off test ever and it is also not acceptable for my nuts to shrink ever at any time.

He says nobody uses both. He said it wouldn't even work to take both at once, my nuts will still shrink. I think that is BS. He just doesn't know.

I know swale's website has that paper re 250 IU hCG 2x weekly, but I don't think my endo cares about what a D.O. thinks. I need to hear from somebody who is getting both from an MD. I'm going to have to talk to another MD.

Thanks!

PS - latest bloodwork shows 0 LH & 0 FSH. No sperm. I am sterile now until I stop the test or get on hCG. This is not where I want to be.
I was just put on HRT/TRT from my Doctor. Test Eth. twice per week 100mg. 50/50, Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) twice per week 600iu total 1200iu weekly(which I feel is a high dose, any opinions) Thyroid Armour 60mg. QD and Clomiphene 25mg. QD (which I feel is not worth it with Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) unless I want to knit too) So I will not take the Clomid but your Doctor is really wrong here. I am sure he would take it if his balls were shrinking. What do you think of the Clomid??

get the test from this doctor and then once your on it go to another and get a second opinion on the hcg. Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) isnt that hard to find, you will come across some and just buy a shit load.

Back