help with blood test results

Scrapman21009

Ok guys, here are my labs. I am 42 y.o. 275, 6'2" white male, 26% BF.

just wanted to get some opinions on how it looks for me. Wanting to do a test only cycle as soon as I cut some more fat.
COMPONENT YOUR VALUE STANDARD RANGE
TSH,BLD,QN 1.290 uIU/mL 0.320 - 5.500 uIU/mL
TESTOSTERONE, TOTAL 2.11 ng/mL
TESTOSTERONE FREE 56.0 pg/mL 35.0 - 155.0 pg/mL
TESTOSTERONE FREE % 2.7 % 1.1 - 2.8 %
GLUCOSE POST FAST 106 mg/dL 70 - 99 mg/dL
POTASSIUM 5.2 mEq/L 3.5 - 5.5 mEq/L
SODIUM 141 mEq/L 135 - 145 mEq/L
CHLORIDE 98 mEq/L 97 - 111 mEq/L
CO2 26 mEq/L 22 - 32 mEq/L
ANION GAP SERPL 22 13 - 20
CREATININE 0.8 mg/dL 0.7 - 1.5 mg/dL
BUN 15 mg/dL 7 - 24 mg/dL
GLOMERULAR FR >60 >= 60

Thanks for any input

I am more interested in seeing your diet and training plan to get your bf# down to cycle levels. and why only a test only cycle? what else do you plan on adding to this?

You have Hypogonadism. Your TT is very low. I would encourage you to see a doctor and get more blood work to help figure out what is going on. You very likely may need to go on TRT.

Below in my signature is a link to a FAQ thread. In there is stuff non TRT that I encourage you to read.

At 26% BF you have no need in a cycle but maybe the TRT Meg and others speak of.

However lets not loose site of your diet. 26%BF is very high.

Your Test ? is that ng/dL or ng/mL ???

Good Luck

Ehh, you are pretty much hypodonadal my friend. Most likely benefit from TRT but would need to know previous AAS history and look into hpta

Definitely get that BF down-

Dr B

At 42 you've got some decisions to make - like do you want to have kids, are you ok going on TRT for life, how serious are you about getting your body fat down, are you willing to eat clean, and willing to work out?

Since you are already hypogonadal in your present state of fitness going on TRT is not a bad option, and may in fact be a great option if you don't have any other complications like wanting to stay fertile, budget, access, etc.

You could try to get in shape without hormones, and almost certainly adding muscle and cutting fat will make you overall much more healthy, and likely boost your natural test levels. But the flipside is maybe they boost up from crappy to just so so. It would be worth a try, but a difficult road of eating clean and working out. In a world without exogenous test this would be your only option, versus staying unhealthy and living a low quality of life with early death.

Or you could go down the road of either TRT by itself, or doing an AAS cycle. Lots of people will say don't do a cycle with 26% body fat, and they are right, but in your case do you have what it takes to knock that down before you try??? The risks of a test cycle with high BF are high conversion of test to estrogen, high blood pressure, and just a general harder road to travel keeping all your blood testing health markers in range.

If you consider it, then make sure to get a good bloodwork baseline. Get one of the more expensive tests that also includes thyroid, SHBG, free test - as well as all the baseline stuff. When you start make sure to take an excess of what AI dose would normally be required, and commit to getting the simple blood panel to monitor estrogen on a frequent basis, like every 4 weeks or so, and monitor your blood pressure. Managing your estrogen via AI dose and blood pressure will be the keys here, you sure don't want to screw yourself up worse by throwing a case of gyno or ED on top of your present problems.

If you sort out your diet by going high fat, high protein, low carb, tons of vegetables - and get into a meaningful gym program (think guided exercises with HIIT), and do a basic test cycle with the precautions listed above I think you would drop a bunch of fat and gain a lot of muscle. The early gains will be quick and comparatively easy. When time to come off you could drop to a c r u i s e dose of 200 mg/wk, and get with the TRT docs to start that process out.

Good luck, and keep us posted on what you decide to do.

I learned trying to gain weight that real oatmeal you have to cook is a heavy long lasting food. A serving is 1/2 cup dry and has 150 calories basically. I like mine a little soupy so it turns out just about 2 cups. I eat it first thing in the morning. It actually keeps me from feeling hungry for a couple hours. I can eat a peanut butter sandwich with 4 tablespoons of PB and get 480 calories and be hungry in an hour.

3J has a good wrote up that's a sticky in the diet subforum!

Here it the one I'm mentioning. I remembered he has several.

http://www.steroidology.com/forum/d...standing-food-density-digestion-speed-3j.html

Last edited:
Back