help with test e homebrew

just curious would filtering with a PES filter cause the pip. I'm looking over my previous orders of filters and I may have ordered PES previously and used them not thinking about it.

Edit: What is better Nylon or PVDF as far as bottle top filters? Theres not much info regarding whats best when it comes to what we use these filters for

Hey mate,

According to this chart here, Biomedical Innovations - a Graphic Controls company.

PES filter is incompatible with BA.

As to which is better between Nylon and PVDF, according to the chart above, PVDF is compatible with many more different chemicals than Nylon is. But for our purpose of homebrewing, the chemicals we use are BA, BB, and oil, so Nylon is compatible with these.

By the way, what kind of filtration system do you use now, and how is it working out for you?

If you're still having problems with it, you might want to consider getting a glass filtration system.
It's quite inexpensive and can filter a few hundred mls in under 5 minutes.

Be sure to get the correct funnel with a coarse membrane that has lots of tiny pores like a sponge, so the flow is faster.

Here is a great one that I have, very affordable:
100ml Filtration Kit Erlenmeyer Flask Filter Funnel Pump Lab Funnel Kit | eBay

Also make sure to get the filter membrane with the correct diameter for your funnel (60ml funnel has a 40mm diameter / width).
The best size available is 47mm:
Membrane Filter OD 47mm 0 22 Micron Made by Nylon 6 50pcs Pack | eBay

Good luck, mate.

By the way, what kind of filtration system do you use now, and how is it working out for you?

If you're still having problems with it, you might want to consider getting a glass filtration system.
It's quite inexpensive and can filter a few hundred mls in under 5 minutes.

Be sure to get the correct funnel with a coarse membrane that has lots of tiny pores like a sponge, so the flow is faster.

Here is a great one that I have, very affordable:
100ml Filtration Kit Erlenmeyer Flask Filter Funnel Pump Lab Funnel Kit | eBay

Also make sure to get the filter membrane with the correct diameter for your funnel (60ml funnel has a 40mm diameter / width).
The best size available is 47mm:
Membrane Filter OD 47mm 0 22 Micron Made by Nylon 6 50pcs Pack | eBay

Good luck, mate.

I'm using media bottles with a electrical vacuum pump. It took about 1hr on a .22 filter the other day but its nice not to keep squeezing the hand pump over and over.

I didn't even know the made those glass on glass beakers. So do you use this contraption with the filters you linked too?

I ordered more BA and grape seed oil. will run a 10ml batch and test only a small amount. I'm thinking more an more that the ba has gone bad because of the burning sensation that i instantly felt when injecting. it felt like the little amount of oil that touches your skin because its on the needle burned my skin and the only thing i can think of is Ba that would do that.

Last edited:
I'm using media bottles with a electrical vacuum pump. It took about 1hr on a .22 filter the other day but its nice not to keep squeezing the hand pump over and over.

I didn't even know the made those glass on glass beakers. So do you use this contraption with the filters you linked too?

By contraption, do you mean the glass filtration system?

Yes, it's the best thing I have used and is worth the money.
It's really easy to use. As I mentioned, I can filter a few hundred ml's in under 5 minutes, using hand pump and a 0.22 micron filter paper.

The key thing is to make the flow go faster is to get a funnel with a coarse filter with million micro pores (the one in the link), not a coarse filter made of glass like this one here:

s-l225.jpg

The glass one might not have enough pores, so filtering can take a few hours.
One of the brewers I spoke to encountered this issue.

I ordered more BA and grape seed oil. will run a 10ml batch and test only a small amount. I'm thinking more an more that the ba has gone bad because of the burning sensation that i instantly felt when injecting. it felt like the little amount of oil that touches your skin because its on the needle burned my skin and the only thing i can think of is Ba that would do that.

That's a great idea to run a 10ml test on a new batch!

From your description of the pain, which was quick as soon as you injected, it sounds like it's the result of having too much BA. This happened to me a while back when I used about 5% by accident. Just be sure to double check your math calculation and see if you have the right amount of BA.

Good luck and keep us all posted on your progress.

wish me luck, I made a 10ml batch last friday and gonna pin .5cc and test today. I'll either be bitching about pain or be so happy. I'll be back in a day or so

I can honestly say it has to be the raw. I just did the 5cc and i'm already feeling burning sensation at the injection spot. also its raised a little like a mosquito bite. Well time to find a different raw source.

I also think its strange that the grape seed oil is very dark this time but the medical supply that i'm pretty sure gets mentioned here for filters hasn't done me wrong yet. but to confirm for anyone reading I used brand new filtered grape seed oil,a new bottle of BA and a new bottle of BB on 10 ml of250 test E

with BB of 15%
and ba of 1.5%

Last edited:
Yeh it's the raws man. The shits gotta be acidic like. Red/hot/pip/flu like symptoms. Ditch those raws for sure. Did u check to see if the brew was a little bit foamy before it fully melted?

Yeh it's the raws man. The shits gotta be acidic like. Red/hot/pip/flu like symptoms. Ditch those raws for sure. Did u check to see if the brew was a little bit foamy before it fully melted?

No foam when it melted. Yeah i'm ordering more prop and ethanate now from a different source. I hate trying to find the new source because now i;m stuck wondering if it will be the 98% pure that they all claim. I have tons of other raw powders from that source. Never had a problem with them. in fact the var is the best var I've seen from overseas. I still have bokoos of powder. I'm now wondering if all the powders will be bad? or if this test e was just bad to begin with? When I first got the powder it looked and felt different than test e or c powders from before. It was kinda moist. hard to explain, but definitely different. I'm gonna run another 10 ml of test prop and test that too, but prop always gives me a little pip.

I forgot to really come back and post what happened. So i'm not in nearly as much pain as I was a couple shots back where I couldn't sit. but I only did .5cc too. It swelled, warm to touch, and made me feel slightly feverish and sore today so i'm chalking it up to the raws too. bummer I have over a 100 grams left. live and learn

No foam when it melted. Yeah i'm ordering more prop and ethanate now from a different source. I hate trying to find the new source because now i;m stuck wondering if it will be the 98% pure that they all claim. I have tons of other raw powders from that source. Never had a problem with them. in fact the var is the best var I've seen from overseas. I still have bokoos of powder. I'm now wondering if all the powders will be bad? or if this test e was just bad to begin with? When I first got the powder it looked and felt different than test e or c powders from before. It was kinda moist. hard to explain, but definitely different. I'm gonna run another 10 ml of test prop and test that too, but prop always gives me a little pip.

I forgot to really come back and post what happened. So i'm not in nearly as much pain as I was a couple shots back where I couldn't sit. but I only did .5cc too. It swelled, warm to touch, and made me feel slightly feverish and sore today so i'm chalking it up to the raws too. bummer I have over a 100 grams left. live and learn

Mate,

Use Test C instead of Test E. Test C is almost painless at 250mg/ml. Test E, from my experience, has been horrible with pain, flu like symptoms, etc.

Yeh i switch from test E to cyp but only cuz it's easier to handle in powder form where as the test E is either melted/gooey or in a solid wax state

Yeh i switch from test E to cyp but only cuz it's easier to handle in powder form where as the test E is either melted/gooey or in a solid wax state

Hey katak, how you been, mate? Good to see you again! Yeah, you're definitely right on that! Cyp powder is much easier to work with than the Enanthate wax :). That's another reason I prefer Cyp.

Go bro, how's things? Yeh I'm with you all the way cyp is piece of piss to mess around with! Still smells delicious too :D

well luckily the bitcoin purchase is taking for ever so i have time to change the order to test cyp. the only reason i switched back to test e was because i wanted to venture into making 300-400mg per ml.

well luckily the bitcoin purchase is taking for ever so i have time to change the order to test cyp. the only reason i switched back to test e was because i wanted to venture into making 300-400mg per ml.

300-400mg/ml will hurt a lot, no matter what ester of Test is used
wink.gif
. Perhaps someone knows of a good recipe to make it painless at this concentration, but from my experience, 250mg/ml has been the highest that I can make it without pain.

hey, have had the same problem. The test E powder was every time fine, but then it got sticky because of higher temperatures. The producer told me that it does not matter i can still use it. But now when i make a homebrew it causes pain like hell. i think we have the same problem.

but now my question is, is the powder gone bad, or maybe there are germs in it? because if there are germs in it should be possible to cook it to kill the germs?

does anyone have had the same problem?

Back