here guys. Sleep!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden_Muscle

Hybrid Athlete
If there is something that is preventing you from getting your proper ammount of sleep each and every night, just quit bodybuilding now and start playing chess or badminton etc. Not sleeping enough is even worse than not eating or training enough, as less sleep actually reduces your growth hormone levels and also reduces insulin among other things like less time for body repair and recovery. The list is never ending. So go ahead a keep bodybuilding without enough sleep and just remember some bodybuilders can get all their sleep all the time and are at a great advantage. Now read the article.

Shift workers and people with really busy lives etc will never have it as good as the bodybuilders without these problems. Hope this thread helps at least one person here. :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A CRUCIAL Part Of The Muscle Building Process That Is Neglected By 95% Of Bodybuilders
November 3rd, 2006
Author: Dan Gallapoo

Most people make building muscle way too complicated.

First, you have to train to stimulate muscle growth.

Then you need to eat the right things to support that growth.

Then there’s supplementation to help support muscle growth and give things a little bit of a boost.

And last but not least, you HAVE to allow recuperation to take place. And that happens with rest, time away from training… and the most important part of recuperation… SLEEP!

If you’re short-changing yourself in the sleep department, you’re not gonna gain like you should.

How much sleep do you need for maximum growth and recovery? You might be surprised.

In my humble opinion, 8 hours a night is the minimum if you’re really training hard and trying to put on muscle mass. 10 hours is better.

I have heard that some of the pros, while bulking in the off-season, sleep 12 hours per day. Of course, that’s a little easier to do when your profession is bodybuilding and you don’t have to
hold down a job like us regular folks.

But if you’re not getting enough sleep, you’re going to pay for it
in the gym.

And forget about “making it up the next night” like some people say. If you’re depriving yourself of just 1 hour sleep per night that you need for recuperation and growth… that’s 30 hours of sleep you’ll miss in a month. When, pray tell, are you going to “make up” 30 hours of missed sleep?

Bodybuilding is not rocket science, but you have to give equal importance, time and attention to all parts (training, nutrition & recuperation) in order to maximize your gains.

So don’t neglect the importance of sleep. If you haven’t been getting at least 8 hours of sleep a night, try sleeping 8 to 10 hours a night for a month and see if your gains don’t improve.

I bet they will.

I have a question about this, maybe this is the wrong forum. But I work out M-F lifintg hard and doing cardio, but I take Sat/Sun off so I am only really hitting the same body part like once avery 6-7 days. I do see results, but am I resting too long?
I'm 37 and worry about overtraining.

Old Balls said:
I have a question about this, maybe this is the wrong forum. But I work out M-F lifintg hard and doing cardio, but I take Sat/Sun off so I am only really hitting the same body part like once avery 6-7 days. I do see results, but am I resting too long?
I'm 37 and worry about overtraining.

I don't know exactly what your training program is, but m-f is a little much.

My rotations take two weeks. Everyone is a little different. Sometimes less is more.

Mon: chest/tri
tues: cardio/abs
weds: back/bi
thurs: cardio/abs
fri: legs/delts

mustang77..you only hit a body part once every two weeks?

Fuck. 37 years old and still does not know about overtraining or routines. just quit man.

even if you do gain, there are 20 year olds that are close to being pro. you might train just to stay in average shape, that fine. You can stop taking it so seriously then. if you overtrain a bit its not going to matter in your case.

Last edited:
now go do a cycle because I know thats what is comming next.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
mustanged77 said:
I don't know exactly what your training program is, but m-f is a little much.

My rotations take two weeks. Everyone is a little different. Sometimes less is more.

training 5 days a week is a bit much? !!!!!!!

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!! Foolish.

"Fuck. 37 years old and still does not know about overtraining or routines. just quit man."
Golden Muscle, your body responds diff. to training as you get older, so you have to adjust and I was asking opinions on that....but thanks for being an internet tough guy.
I guess there's always one fuckwad no matter how good the board is.

Old Balls said:
"Fuck. 37 years old and still does not know about overtraining or routines. just quit man."
Golden Muscle, your body responds diff. to training as you get older, so you have to adjust and I was asking opinions on that....but thanks for being an internet tough guy.
I guess there's always one fuckwad no matter how good the board is.

Sorry SCNTO.

Oldballs, you shoud know the damn basics AT LEAST. If overtraining becomes more of an issue as you age, increase rest time accordingly etc.

I am 37, 6'2", 238lbs, played HS football, college lacrosse and have been lifting on and of since 18 years old...I feel I know the "basics"..but I am always learning. I feel this board is a place I can ask questions, and your advice.
Peace.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish everyone was as smart as golden muscle that way everyone could look like ronie coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back