Here is help to create the perfect cycle!

flavour said:
i may need to be corrected here but i always thought anadrol aromatized easily..

ANADROL (OXYMETHOLONE)
Anadrol does not convert to estrogen, and thus antiestrogens are not required if no aromatizable Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) are being used. However, in concert with aromatizing drugs, Anadrol is notorious for worsening "estrogenic" symptoms, possibly by producing progestagenic symptoms which the bodybuilder confuses as estrogenic, or by altering estrogen metabolism, or by upregulating aromatase.

Unlike Dianabol, however, it seems that oxymetholone is progestagenic. It has been observed to cause nipple soreness or to aggravate gynecomastia even in the presence of high dose antiestrogens, strongly suggesting that the effect is not estrogenic. That effect can be reduced by concurrent use of stanozolol (Winstrol), which is anti-progestagenic. This progestagenic effect of oxymetholone is only a concern when using aromatizing steroids. With androgens such as Primobolan, oxymetholone stacks very nicely and is a surprisingly friendly drug. In contrast, with testosterone it is a very harsh drug.

Last edited:
G-track, it appears you were either going insane while posting that thread o you were doing a horrible job of trying to put someone else's comment up and then counter it, because it merely looked liek you were going in every direction imaginable. You often contradicted yourself and you should probably go back and make it clearer as to what your positiion on those opinions were.

Thanks Johny J bro!:)

I hope poor G-track is still around and not in an insane asylum. I'd like him to explain his comments in more detail if possible.

Gtrack said:
Proviron for example indeed makes one's appearance harder and reduces gyno.But how ?

As a mildly/moderately efficient blocker of the conversion from Test to estradiol.

This drug has been around for quite some time.If it was such a great antiaromatase (which is a quite new drug class with the first one in it being Aminoglutethimide-Orimeten/Cytadren wouldn't it be used extensively as a first-class therapy for breast cancer in women ?

There certainly ARE better choices for treating breast cancer (Nolva for ONE) and also better aids for inhibiting estradiol formation (Arimidex/Femara/Aromasin/Liquidex) but this does NOT necessarily "rule out" Proviron's anti-E propertiens. They are mild, but they are unique. Anyone who has used Proviron can attest to its water-reducing / hardening effect.

It does not reduce serum estradiol/estrone levels .

Yes it does........ANY DHT analogue will have SOME anti-E properties.Look into Masteron; its another moderately effective aromatase inhibitor

It does not reduce IGF levels as most antiaromatase/antiestrogens do-in fact it increases it.

WHY does it have to? Just b/c it raises IGF, does not make it a "poor" anti-E. Femara is the MOST POTENT of the anti-E's and it has been shown to increase IGF by 20-30%

It works by affecting the estrogen/androgen ratio toward androgens and this ratio alone having been changed can affect water retention.

And HOW does it do this? BY decreasing the estrodiol conversion process therebv increasing the and/est ratio. (It's MUCH More detailed of a process......but this is the MAIN gist)

Last edited:
More clarification on this misunderstood drug.

Until fairly recently, Proviron was primarily used as an antiestrogen for a long time (until more superior drugs became mainstream: -Dex family, araomasin, and Femara). It is believed to act as an antiaromatase in the body, preventing or slowing the conversion of AS into estrogen. The result is quite a bit LESS profound to Arimidex however has been shown to prevent the buildup of estrogen in the body. This is in contrast to Nolvadex, which only blocks the ability of estrogen to bind and activate receptors in certain tissues.

Many used to use Proviron and Nolvadex in concert, especially during strongly estro cycles. With each item attacking estrogen at a different angle......this was obviously successful for years as side effects were often greatly minimized.

The anti-estrogenic properties of Proviron are not unique to this compound......drugs like Dihydrotestosterone and Masteron (2methyl-dihydrotestosterone) have demonstrated similar activity as well. Also, I have read studies of DHT analoques preferential role in treating gynecomastia (although NOT a common practice for the record).

So IMO:
-Proviron is a "decent" androgen for keeping water retention down(again, there ARE better choices) It has its place as some of these anti-E's decrease IGF AND are too potent so Proviron is a welcome choice on some cycles
-Proviron is one of the most potent libido enhancers known
-Proviron can aid in prevention of gyno however there are much better choices for this
-Proviron has a unique ability to reduce the amount of SHBG thereby creating an environment for more FREE test; thereby potentially needing less gear overall
-Proviron is NOT 17-aa (but is alkylated at the 1-location) and therefore NOT considered hepatotoxic....mildly only.
-If Proviron is a strong enough androgen to perform the above; it WILL inhibit full HPTA recovery (although the jusry is still out---I have read well-presented arguments for BOTH sides. I'd rather err on the side of caution!)

Last edited:
Great post! This will be very useful information for someone new to this all. Thank you for taking the time to help educate.

I dunno about that post cycle therapy (pct) information...especially 300mg of clomid...and taking Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) blasts 3 weeks before the END of your cycle?? No go bro.

Awwww man...8 year old post didnt even realize

Back