hi whats better for oil ptfe or pvdf ?

are you using the syringe filters?...go the Whatman PVDF. Yes, no matter what, it is going to take a good amount of time to filter but thats what is getting all the crap out. Should get a good drip or 2 a second. anything more and you probably busted it. if you are using the bottle top, try the Nylon.

no I am not using syringe
I am using filter kits from glass that can take 1000ml at once with pump vacuum machine (I need to filter about 5 liters)
I got answer from lab guy that ptfe is better than pvdf
I saw on some forums on internet that they recommend ptfe
money isn't the issue
just wanted to know some feedbacks here

sure are making quite a bit of stuff with 5liters worth. but either way, you should be able to get by with either. I personally recommend the Nylon for what its worth to ya

PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene) is the most chemically resistant. I have had excellant results filtering solutions with Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Ethyl Oleate, Guaiacol. PTFE membranes will exhibit high flow rates with all organic oils. Ordered 5 of the Whatman nylon ones, used 2, and gave the other 3 away. In my searching I read the PTFE can be reused. Rinse it with solvents to clean it, autoclave it, and go again. Big pharma uses gaskets and such on their filtration systems.

Back