High Cholesterol , need help understanding blood work

darkwing86

Hey guys , so a while back i had some blood work done to see where all my levels were at . Unfortunetly my cholesterol is very high .
My diet hasnt been the cleanest , and i know i need to fix this for sure . However this summer i have been eating alot more lean and better food .
Today i went for another blood test , Here are the results ...

Can anyone understand this ? It seems top say that my HDL cholesterol ( good cholesterol) is HI .

What am i not getting , cause last time the doctor told me its still not good . Anyone had this problem , and what should i do ?

More info , i have been off cycle now for a few months , and im 32 , training 8 years , 220lb , body fat maybe %16 guessing 5'8"

It's not that your HDL is high, the ratio of total cholesterol to HDL is high, and that isn't great. A good ratio is 3 to 1 or so, yours is 10 to 1.

Were you not asked to take the test fasted?

No im not taking any meds or blood thinning agents . no cholesterol meds . I havent actually checked my blood pressure . im taking my AI . arimidex at 0.5 mg 2x per week

We have almost identical values (1 month into my last cycle)
I did/do have better ratio but still to high.

Adex does increase testo production, it also messes with total cholesterol, blood lipids etc.

It's not that your HDL is high, the ratio of total cholesterol to HDL is high, and that isn't great. A good ratio is 3 to 1 or so, yours is 10 to 1.

Were you not asked to take the test fasted?

Like he asked. Did you fast for at least 12 hours before the blood draw?

Go and take the blood test again with a fast and do it first thing in the morning before eating or drinking anything. are you taking any other meds, antidepresants?

No guys i took this after eating breakfast in the morning . I had 2 test after eating breakfast in the morning . both about 8 months apart with the exact same results .
you guys recommend taking the test fasted ? How about what to do in order to decrease cholesterol as fast as possible . i dont get why im so high

as far as i know all blood test like this HAVE to be taken fasted, its common sense. you should know better by now long as youve been around.

No guys i took this after eating breakfast in the morning . I had 2 test after eating breakfast in the morning . both about 8 months apart with the exact same results .
you guys recommend taking the test fasted ? How about what to do in order to decrease cholesterol as fast as possible . i dont get why im so high

so you spent all that money and had blood test done after you ate. did they not tell you at the lab to fast before to get the best results?

Get another blood test fasting 12 hours.

10 hours is enough if you ask the actual doctors.
12 hours if you ask the lab.

Its also important to sit down and relax for at least 15-20 minutes before drawing blood.
Also important to drink at least 0.5 liter water 30-45min before test.

Back