High DHT levels***128534;

Swolltwoll

Got blood work done recently and DHT levels came back at 140...wondering if this is in the "bad zone" or considered fine. I know DHT has its benefits but also like everything has its bad down side. Just wondering if any one knows how to lower it or if its not too high to worry..just know high dht is linked to hair loss/prostate cancer. I dont have much hair loss right now...just the typical few pieces(4-6) when i shower but i have long thick hair. I am only on test CYP at 750mg a week

Got blood work done recently and DHT levels came back at 140...wondering if this is in the "bad zone" or considered fine. I know DHT has its benefits but also like everything has its bad down side. Just wondering if any one knows how to lower it or if its not too high to worry..just know high dht is linked to hair loss/prostate cancer. I dont have much hair loss right now...just the typical few pieces(4-6) when i shower but i have long thick hair. I am only on test CYP at 750mg a week

1. DHT does NOT cause prostate cancer. It is responsible for HEALTHY growth of prostate tissue, which led to this misconception.

2. As testosterone goes up, so do its byproducts. DHT is just one of the many. :)

1. DHT does NOT cause prostate cancer. It is responsible for HEALTHY growth of prostate tissue, which led to this misconception.

2. As testosterone goes up, so do its byproducts. DHT is just one of the many. :)

Did not know about the tissue growth. Yea i figured it was raised because of my use of test just now sure if im in the bad zone, dont want this hair to start coming out ! :eek2:

Did not know about the tissue growth. Yea i figured it was raised because of my use of test just now sure if im in the bad zone, dont want this hair to start coming out ! :eek2:

Unfortunately, that's up to your genetics. The bright side is that if you start losing hair, you know what to expect as you get older - AAS just fast forwards the process - it would happen eventually if at all.

Unfortunately, that's up to your genetics. The bright side is that if you start losing hair, you know what to expect as you get older - AAS just fast forwards the process - it would happen eventually if at all.

Yeah that is a very good point. Im thinking if this isnt my first cycle and my levels are that high and i still have hair, along with majority of my family...i should be okay. With levels that high i have mild shedding when i shower or sweat, but i always read/heard 'shedding' is natural on or off cycle as long as its not clumps and balding...thats my biggest fear !

Yeah that is a very good point. Im thinking if this isnt my first cycle and my levels are that high and i still have hair, along with majority of my family...i should be okay. With levels that high i have mild shedding when i shower or sweat, but i always read/heard 'shedding' is natural on or off cycle as long as its not clumps and balding...thats my biggest fear !

Yep, some shedding is completely normal. At least bald is beautiful! ;)

Back