Home Brew Screw Up

steveono

Ok I put my fina pellets in the magic solution and put it in a pot with some water, and placed it on the stoves eye. The problem is I forgot it on there for about 30 mins and when I remembered all the water was gone and the fina was a very dark color. Is it ok or just junk now?? Help (PS I deserve it so go ahead and give it to me PB and Dougoe)

its fine as long as it didnt burn. you would know if it did cause of the smell.

add oil, shake, let settle and filter.

next time no need for the water. just set the vial on a hot plate on medium low and swirl ocassionally. this means you gotta stay there. =0l it will break down pellets in 15 minutes or less. and as an added bonus reduce heat to low and after adding oil, with a vigorous shaking, set the vial back on heat and it will seperate out rather quickly too. then you can filter while its nice and warm for easier filtering.

ps you dont need majic solution anymore either. buy some ba and bb. just save the vials and stuff you have.

pullinbig said:
its fine as long as it didnt burn. you would know if it did cause of the smell.

add oil, shake, let settle and filter.

next time no need for the water. just set the vial on a hot plate on medium low and swirl ocassionally. this means you gotta stay there. =0l it will break down pellets in 15 minutes or less. and as an added bonus reduce heat to low and after adding oil, with a vigorous shaking, set the vial back on heat and it will seperate out rather quickly too. then you can filter while its nice and warm for easier filtering.

ps you dont need majic solution anymore either. buy some ba and bb. just save the vials and stuff you have.
Even if it did burn it may just have been the cellulose in the fina pill, not the hormone. Make the bacth as is and see what happens

your exactly right,, Well at least after I filtered it the 2nd time.It seems like the whatman makes it look better than the micron.

Back