homebrewing with no heat

chris2fer

After reading and researching i decided to make test prop 100mg/ml without heating.

30 ml total
3g prop
2.5% ba
15% bb
EO

Put powder in breaker added ba, bb and eo. Covered with Saran wrap and let it sit. Swirling it every few min. Took about 25 min for all the prop in dissolve. Was completely clear. Filtered with .22 whatman, sterile of coarse, and it's done.
there is no waiting for it to cool down to see of it'll crash. If all the prop didn't dissolve i would have upped the bb a couple percent till it did.
Then I decided to try a blend of 100mg/ml prop with 65mg/ml npp.

30 ml total
3g tp
1.95g npp
2.5% ba
20% bb
All EO for carrier

Same process, no heat. About 30 min later, to my surprise, all hormone was dissolved. Filtered and g2g. So once again no waiting too see if it'll crash once it cools. You can take care of any crashing issues before u filter. Which if u think about only makes sense...
Ba, bb and eo are usp. I don't bake for sterility based on readings from bill Roberts. Looking for the links and I'll post. Basically posting cause i've read numerous posts about crashing. you could heat after all the crystals dissolve if u feel it makes it more sterile.

Last edited:
Nvr crashed. There is no way it can as long as there are no crystals before u filter it means it's holding. Heating the oil or eo makes it expand. it's not a noticeable amount but enough to allow more hormone into it. Then it cools and crashes cause that particular solution is fully saturated.So with my method there is no way for it to crash. not sure I'm explaining it right. If u don't understand I'll explain it different. Btw prop is painless and the blend has minor pip.

Yeah i wasn't sure how I'd react too 100%.eo. But so far so good. I could have done 50\50 with gso, which is what I'll do next time.. I guess i should have mentioned that 100% oil or any combo with eo can be used.

Heat just speeds the process up, but in turn is more likely to allow more hormone into the solution then it can hold. Hence why it crashes when cooked. But only in high mg/ml concentrations.

Back