how bad is sugar

shaggz

for someone bulking, or just tryign to get big, how bad is sugar for you?
will is limit your size gains?

for example, i eat oats in the morning. healthy, but taste like carboard. I usally mix a yogurt with it, making it taste a lot better, plus extra protein adn calories. its also high in sugar. but if im eatign as many calories as i can through out teh day, does it really matter how much sugar i intake?

or adding extra chocalate syrup to my protein shake

I usaully wake up in the middle of the night, cause i get too hungry to keep sleeping, so ill slam down some cookies adn milk(too tired to cook) and go back to bed

i know its not healthy, but is it bad for my gains?

It will spike your insulin levels and yes sugar is a comfort food that your body often craves from stress. If you constantly give in to your sugar desires your body will crave more, get your body used to eating cleaner food you will find that your gains are leaner.

it doesnt sound like your pounding packs of pixie sticks or boxes of powdered doughnuts. When im bulking I try to keep it somewhat clean but dont go too nuts about it. I still always find a cupcake or something in my hand at some point in the day. No sweat though if your conscious of it in anyway your clean enough for bulking..

eating yogurt and using a little chocolate syrup here and there will have a neglible effect on your body composition.

eating a dozen krispy kremes everyday on the other hand...

Moderation is key. Some people have no problem eating a clean diet 24/7 for their entire life. I on the other hand just love tastey food of all kinds. I restrict it drastically when cutting, but when bulking I do let it go a bit. If I didn't I would lose my mind and give up the whole thing. Be as clean as you possibly can IMO.

That being said after I cut this summer, I'm planning to stay lean all year round. I am sick of not have a 6 pack!

Suareezay said:
eating yogurt and using a little chocolate syrup here and there will have a neglible effect on your body composition.

I don't think eating yogurt and chocolate syrup every once in a while is gonna make him fat.

jph said:
sugar is bad...bad i tell you.
lol...people have died from it. Serioulsy though once in a while isnt that bad for you but like stated earlier if you give into cravings, it becomes harder to denie them when you need to. Also for me i feel that once my insulin spike crashes i get so hungry that ill eat anything, and very irretable, especially at work.

i thought since test can place severe resistance in insulin and sugar metabolism that u should eat some to keep blood sugar regular.

dcorti01 said:
lol...people have died from it. Serioulsy though once in a while isnt that bad for you but like stated earlier if you give into cravings, it becomes harder to denie them when you need to. Also for me i feel that once my insulin spike crashes i get so hungry that ill eat anything, and very irretable, especially at work.

sugar is bad for you, but you can not cut it all out of your diet. cutting it all out of your diet could lead to some very bad health problems...the key is moderation.

jph said:
sugar is bad for you, but you can not cut it all out of your diet. cutting it all out of your diet could lead to some very bad health problems...the key is moderation.

What the hell are you talking about - BAD HEALTH PROBLEMS???

DirkMoneyshot said:
What the hell are you talking about - BAD HEALTH PROBLEMS???

as in your body can't do without sugar completely...you will feel like shit if you totally eliminate sugars from your diet.

Vennom96 said:
I don't think eating yogurt and chocolate syrup every once in a while is gonna make him fat.
um...neither do i, thats why i said it would have a negligible effect on his body composition. :scratchhe

jph said:
as in your body can't do without sugar completely...you will feel like shit if you totally eliminate sugars from your diet.

Thats an incorrect statement :goof:

Most BB eliminate sugar completely and go with just Rice, Potato, Oats, ect that contain no "sugar" as we are talking about. Never had a single problem-

You only initially feel poor because your body (more specifically blood sugar) has stayed at a fairly high / stable number. You eliminate those sugars and you get a drop in blood sugar (even if its not low blood sugar) that cuases your body to feel poor. This is only temporary until your body stabilizes at the new blood sugar level.

DirkMoneyshot said:
Thats an incorrect statement :goof:

Most BB eliminate sugar completely and go with just Rice, Potato, Oats, ect that contain no "sugar" as we are talking about. Never had a single problem-

You only initially feel poor because your body (more specifically blood sugar) has stayed at a fairly high / stable number. You eliminate those sugars and you get a drop in blood sugar (even if its not low blood sugar) that cuases your body to feel poor. This is only temporary until your body stabilizes at the new blood sugar level.

my bad...i was under the understanding that completely eliminating sugar could put your body into a state similar to an insulin crash.

i dont think it would hurt that much, its not like a eat candy or anything, i eat mostly all healthy mostly chicken and rices potatoes adn pasta.

by not eating sugar, is that how the body buliders have all that crazy looking shreded skin and veins at compertitions?

Last edited:
Back