How long for test E to get my levels back up again?

As usual, you are right on the whole. The series actually only converges at infinity ... the 4 half-lives is just an arbitrary cutoff where some 90+% is reached.

Yup. I want to say that it comes out to 96%, but it's been awhile since I plugged it all in. That's why I just prefer to use the algebraic method as it doesn't give information that's only really significant to pure mathematics. (A0 = A1e^-k(t). )

You're a smart cookie Mprtz!

Cheers for the replies. It's interesting stuff. Called my GP's office yesterday and still not got my total T reading back. Wondering at what point it would be advisable to pin another 250mg? Looks like it'll be at least a few days until I get any more gel as will still need to email the result off once arrived and then wait a couple days for the script to come in the post.

Getting pretty hacked off now tbh. It's been a fortnight today and total test still not back. My GP surgery originally said it can take up to two weeks but are now agreeing it's been a bit long.

They're going to call the lab as they defo requested total test but if there's been an error I'm not sure how this can be addressed. If I was to take another test it wouldn't reflect my TRT dose as I've been over a week without now.

Getting pretty hacked off now tbh. It's been a fortnight today and total test still not back. My GP surgery originally said it can take up to two weeks but are now agreeing it's been a bit long.

They're going to call the lab as they defo requested total test but if there's been an error I'm not sure how this can be addressed. If I was to take another test it wouldn't reflect my TRT dose as I've been over a week without now.

I still don't understand why you're not at the office putting the fear of death into people. You have a legitimate LIFE-THREATENING disease, why aren't you getting your medication? Because they want to make sure it works?

I really want to swim over there and give them a piece of my mind! It's CRIMINAL what they're doing to you! :mad:

Finally, my total test is in, although I'm wondering whether the lab had forgot to call as seems a bit convenient that it appears on the very same day that my GP surgery call to chase it. Annoyed it took so long but can't really blame my GP as they're not obliged to process my bloods and send to my private doc - which saves me lots of money.

It wasn't their fault the lab took so long but I'll be having a word with my private doc when he returns as can't have this happening again.

Results were:

- Serum test level: 21 nmol/L (606 ng/dl)
- Serum androstenedione level (XE2pn) - 1.6 nmol/L
- Serum 17-alphahydroxyprogesterone level - 0.6 nmol/L (below low reference limit - 1.2 - 3.7).

Interested to know what the low serum 17 result suggests. Reading about low progesterone in males it mentions a lot of the symptoms I've experienced.

Last edited:
Back