How much protein per sitting ?

darkwing86

How much protein do you guys think is too much protein per sitting while on cycle ? Ive been eating between 50-60g . Think thats too much and being wasted ?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5828430/

check out that article. it is believed (in that article) that the body cant absorb more than 30g of PURE protein, like an isolate whey or something. but the body can absorb more than 30g if it has other macronutrients in there. i think it's all bullshit though. personally, i feel good eating 35-50g per meal.

Digestion is pretty complex. Me NOT eating 50g protein per meal will probably have issues if I started doing it suddenly. I've had times where I would eat maybe once a day. Changed medications and in about 3 days my appetite returned and I would eat and have cramps, gurgles and felt dehydrated. Like truly dehydrated. My turds also smelt rotten for a couple days.

There have been a couple studies shared here showing 30-50g shouldn't be a problem.

All protein shakes have given me gas if that's relevant to anything. Added to a smoothie and nothing.

Digestion is pretty complex. Me NOT eating 50g protein per meal will probably have issues if I started doing it suddenly. I've had times where I would eat maybe once a day. Changed medications and in about 3 days my appetite returned and I would eat and have cramps, gurgles and felt dehydrated. Like truly dehydrated. My turds also smelt rotten for a couple days.

There have been a couple studies shared here showing 30-50g shouldn't be a problem.

All protein shakes have given me gas if that's relevant to anything. Added to a smoothie and nothing.

I eat on average 150-200grams of whey protein per day, that comes out to about 60-70grams per serving. I have that twice per day, no issue, no gases, shit has a vile smell too it though.
Though I never drink a protein shake on empty stomach. One for my morning shake with oatmeal and one together with the last meal of the day to make sure i'm full stocked before bed. Also eat some amino acid just before brushing teeth.

Last edited:
My kidneys shut down when I jumped my protein shakes from 75 to 100g. it was painful. I think you are fine eating regular meals with high protein but don't go so high with your shakes. your body can't process to much more.

those protein shakes are bad too man if taken in abundance. lots of fools try to make up for their protein deficiency by drinking more protein shakes. not good.

Back