How old to start weight training?

BigSwolenPussy

I am banned!
My son just turned 14 a few days ago and I want to get him in the gym. I started when I was 14 but as a father, Im nervous to have him start too young. He wrestles and is strong as an ox. He has watched me lift his whole life and has always wanted to go to the gym. He is officially old enough to get in. What are you guys thoughts?

I started around 14. Good age. No pressure from anyone was the main thing. And it helped me compete better in sports. But then again once I caught the iron bug I did a cycle at 16. So be careful what you create lol

Do it let him go with...YOu know what will kill his future joints. No one can coach YOU and advise YOU as to the doe's and don't t his young age. Like not too heavy and the such, but remember everyone likes to go heavy and heavier .... so to hold him back ? Hmmm

It's a long way from 14yrs to 65 yrs Lol :wavey:

Good Luck

Ha..AT 4 days a week working out times 50yrs is over 10,000 workouts on those joints :laugh:

Last edited:
Im thinking that I am going to let him go with me a few times so I can show him what to do. At least that way, I know he is doing it right.

IMOP at 14 - 16 + years ya keep the rep range at 10 min to 15 plus. or the joint will suffer before age 20. Anything less then 10-12 is too much stress But that's just IMOP only

Good Luck this will do so much for your bond.. you can have this in common from NOW till the forever days

Back